TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT website

sharabi

SVT website should it be back?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the old SVT site back?

• Yes
    • No

I would love the red tinted website by SVT to be back and up and running.....i feel so sad when i read on some threads that...yes SVT people are still with ford but their site has changed......to me those great people deserve to have their name remaining up and high.

I mean SVT

I would love the red tinted website by SVT to be back and up and running.....i feel so sad when i read on some threads that...yes SVT people are still with ford but their site has changed......to me those great people deserve to have their name remaining up and high.

I mean SVT

I know this has been discussed in another thread, but I contacted Ford Performance Group, and they said that they were the original support group for SVT (owner questions/warranty concerns), but have changed their name because they no longer get direct financial backing from Ford.

So I wonder who/what exactly is SVT anymore? I don't think Ford knows what they are at times! :banghead:

So I can add to your thread, I would be fine with things going back to all SVT.

Sudguy4

I know this has been discussed in another thread, but I contacted Ford Performance Group, and they said that they were the original support group for SVT (owner questions/warranty concerns), but have changed their name because they no longer get direct financial backing from Ford.

So I wonder who/what exactly is SVT anymore? I don't think Ford knows what they are at times! :banghead:

So I can add to your thread, I would be fine with things going back to all SVT.

Sudguy4

I agree with having SVT as a supported entity in their funding and thinking underneath the big umbrella FORD. that name should remain, its not less important than shelby.

Not sure what the big deal is with all the SVT threads. SVT guys are still around doing what they do best... no need to market or advertise as the proof is in the pudding per say! No worries.

I still would like to have SVT name on the web and in mustangs for ever.............GO SVT

I still would like to have SVT name on the web and in mustangs for ever.............GO SVT

Don't you mean GO SHELBY? :hysterical3:

But yea, would be nice to give them some more credit too for the car. Mostly Shelby badges when SVT did all the work. Shelby obviouslly did his part but, it was mainly just about the name for sales. It worked on me :superhero:

SVT was responsible for so many great products and events. Both the Shelby name and the SVT moniker live on our cars today, it is a shame to see it go away. I am all for forging ahead with better things like improved websites, etc., but there is something to be said for remembering where it all started (and where it was brought back to life). Shelby and SVT are a winning combination!!!!

If only the new website was an improvement, I might not be so disappointed to see the old SVT site go. Unfortunately, the content on the new site pales in comparison to what was formerly offered. Even researching a GT500 purchase is made more challenging, as the information is sorely lacking compared to what any Google search can turn up from a variety of enthusiast sites. Ford Performance didn't even bother creating its own content to describe the Shelby - the link you click for details redirects you to http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/models/!

SVT was responsible for so many great products and events. Both the Shelby name and the SVT moniker live on our cars today, it is a shame to see it go away. I am all for forging ahead with better things like improved websites, etc., but there is something to be said for remembering where it all started (and where it was brought back to life). Shelby and SVT are a winning combination!!!!

Cool looking 70 Mach 1. I have a 70 Grabber blue, 4sp, dark blue int, slats ,shaker 351 cleveland. It was the cover car for Mustang Times 2001.It is concours condition with the Marti report.To me these cars are the best looking models Ford ever made.

Cool looking 70 Mach 1. I have a 70 Grabber blue, 4sp, dark blue int, slats ,shaker 351 cleveland. It was the cover car for Mustang Times 2001.It is concours condition with the Marti report.To me these cars are the best looking models Ford ever made.

One question outside the topic...on your concourse car did you protect the paint from stone chips with m3, venture shield clear bra....am asking this question to see if you have done it and if not what did you do for protection.

One question outside the topic...on your concourse car did you protect the paint from stone chips with m3, venture shield clear bra....am asking this question to see if you have done it and if not what did you do for protection.

No i didn't, but i drive less than 85 miles a year. Also the paint on the frontal area is not that exposed.As soon as any bugs get on they are removed.

Thanks, mine is optioned almost the same except with White interior and no slats. Mine is not concourse for sure, it's a driver. I agree, it is the best looking Ford....although my 07 shelby is VERY close IMO.

Would love to see your car...it's how mine SHOULD look!

Archived