TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whipple Strut Tower Brace Now Available

It becomes all about the contour of the underside of the hood. The CS6 is the same as a factory hood. They cut a hole for the Whipple SC. From what I Dig-it tells me the height variation is in the intake manifolds of the different SC's. The Whipple is taller than all others. So if you Trufiber follows the contour of the factory hood I would say no. But some ot the Trufibers are raised to follow the exterior contour. I think Kevin mentioned the difference is 3/8" taller than a Kenne Bell. I may have the number wrong though. But the Whipple is higher presenting clearance issues.

Roger

Well it does have a funtional hood scoop in the center so maybe it does have a higher clearance there. Will have to look at it when I get home.

When's that?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw your answer in another thread.

Cancel that Kevin..............they just called back and told me it requires an aftermarket hood and will not fit under the stock or CS6 hoods. Back to the drawing board! :banghead:

Sorry about that Roger. When I was talking to the Steeda Tech we were discussing a heat extraction hood. My bad

Sorry about that Roger. When I was talking to the Steeda Tech we were discussing a heat extraction hood. My bad

Nothing to be sorry about Paul. I was getting excited. I will still have to tackle this myself. If a "deep draw" comes to market there could be several options.

Thanks again for the link. It does give Whipple owner's the option of changing out hoods and having an "off the shelf" strut tower brace option.

Nothing to be sorry about Paul. I was getting excited. I will still have to tackle this myself. If a "deep draw" comes to market there could be several options.

Thanks again for the link. It does give Whipple owner's the option of changing out hoods and having an "off the shelf" strut tower brace option.

I have been told that the Agent 47 double barrel max clearance strut tower brace will fit over the Whipple and under a stock hood, I have it on order and will post pictures once it comes in and IF it fits.

Stillen's link to Agent 47 Strut Tower Brace

This is an image of it from Agent 47's website

double_barrel02_600.jpg

Agent 47 link

Paige at Stillen may be able to verify this.

Andrew

Thanks for the info. I had spoke to Agent 47 directly some time ago and they could not tell me 100% if it would fit uner the hood. But looking at that shot I believe you will have issues with the driver side due to the location of the throttle body and air inlet tube on the Whipple. It is more offset to the shock tower and the bends are too low. I don't think there is not enough clearance. Let us know how you make out.

Roger

Thanks for the info. I had spoke to Agent 47 directly some time ago and they could not tell me 100% if it would fit uner the hood. But looking at that shot I believe you will have issues with the driver side due to the location of the throttle body and air inlet tube on the Whipple. It is more offset to the shock tower and the bends are too low. I don't think there is not enough clearance. Let us know how you make out.

Roger

Roger,

No doubt until I see it on it, it is still only in the hoping stage; if it doesn't fit it is going back. Once it is here I will let everyone know one way or another.

Andrew

Roger

+1 I spoke to them as well, they thought it might fit but would not guarantee it. The throttle body is much more of an issue then height, you would have to come of the strut on the drivers side at a much steeper angle.

I just had to use it SEF. You don't know how many Spider Man jokes I hear every day. But no one wanted to take my place in the hospital! :hysterical:

Thats funny I was wondering what the Spiderman tie in was :hysterical:

I do not think that agent47 brace will clear the throttle body, If somebody has a whipple that is going to the socal meeting in July, I will try my brace on there car, yes I have tools, Rick

• 5 weeks later...
I do not think that agent47 brace will clear the throttle body, If somebody has a whipple that is going to the socal meeting in July, I will try my brace on there car, yes I have tools, Rick

Roger and Rick were correct The Agent 47 Double Barrel Strut Brace does NOT fit over the Whipple due to the throttle body !

I was wrong, but they did take it back for a full refund.

I talked to BMR Fabrications today and they said they had nothing currently that would fit the Whipple with a stock GT hood, but they were looking into it/thinking about it and that it would take time and something should eventually come out (no time table)

Thanks

Andrew

Archived