TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hood sensor?

05FSTBK

Try unlocking and opening the trunk with the key without first unlocking the car door and witness what happens. That was a rude awakening.

normal alarm?

I had my '05 almost 4 years and probably used my Key 8 times in the lock. always used the remote.

Was at the shop a week or so ago and the hood was already open. I saw this sensor and pushed down on it setting off the alarm. My question is: my wife set off the alarm not long ago by merely reaching into an open window of the "locked" car. What causes this? She didn't open the door or touch anything. Are the two small openings in the overhead middle console some kind of motion sensor? Thanks

Was at the shop a week or so ago and the hood was already open. I saw this sensor and pushed down on it setting off the alarm. My question is: my wife set off the alarm not long ago by merely reaching into an open window of the "locked" car. What causes this? She didn't open the door or touch anything. Are the two small openings in the overhead middle console some kind of motion sensor? Thanks

Motion sensors on bottom of mirror

I had this happen to me at a car show.

Some guys were looking at my car and stuck their hand and alarms went off.

Motion sensors on bottom of mirror

I had this happen to me at a car show.

Some guys were looking at my car and stuck their hand and alarms went off.

I got you all beat.

My wife and I were on a cruise a number of years ago with the black mustang club. we stopped at the hotel to check in. out of habit as I got out I hit the lock button twice on the remote. I went into the office and waited in line. I was in there for about 20-25 minutes when I came out I saw my wife still sitting in the passanger seat with her elbow up on the window sill staring out at me; exactly the same position I'd left her when I went in.

I asked what are you doing, she said, I'm not moving, I'll set off the alarm.

Sure enough, I said try it, with my remote in hand. the second she moved the alarm went off.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

normal alarm?

I had my '05 almost 4 years and probably used my Key 8 times in the lock. always used the remote.

Your GT500 comes standard with the active alarm system. I believe it is an option on the Mustang GT, which your GT may or may not have.

Archived