TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GT/CS production

Grabber

I read that the 2007 GT/CS was going to be a Limited Edition car. I read that in 1968 about 4,400 California specials were produced and that at least double that amount will be produced for 2007. Does anyone know if these low production levels are true and if this will enhance the value of this model. I am the First one to have a GT/CS in Vancouver,WA . I was able to order it in June for 1K over invoice. At that time they did not even know the car exsisted or what it was. Now they have their 2nd GT/CS on the lot for 40K. The ADM factor :banghead: has kicked in.

That White Vert is the car In Vancouver that I said had the 40K price tag on. That is the 2nd GT/CS in this town. The 1st one I ordered and picked up on 8/18. You must live out this way too ?

My guess is, they won't be worth collecting. One reason is, they are not keeping track of how many are produced ie no different VIN then standard GT. Also, retro parts are already available to change the front/back fascia so, you can make any GT a CS.

Did you pay under invoice or under MSRP. As you know there is about 2400 dollars difference !

As I said. I paid $560 under the invoice price.

I cannot believe people are paying the prices they are paying. I had no problem using the X Plan at the dealership and no bitching over the final price!

I cannot believe people are paying the prices they are paying. I had no problem using the X Plan at the dealership and no bitching over the final price!

You got a great deal. Congrats. The mustang is one of Fords bread and butter cars. some of the dealers (most) are marking ADM's on all the stangs. Today I saw $1900 ADM's on the mustang V-6 GT's over at Vancouver Ford in Washington. The company I work for is a Ford partnerand I also have access to 2 PINs a year but they are useless in the state I live in on Mustangs. Hopefully that will change soon. Can you post a photo of your car. Would love to see it.

Rob.

The options on my GT/CS vert above and beyond the GT Premium:

Required for CS:

Interior Upgrade Package

Comfort Group

GT California Special

Extra Options:

5-Speed Auto

GT Appearance Package

Sirius Satellite Radio

Vert Boot

Cost: $33,779 US (Before the WA sales tax of $2905)

The options on my GT/CS vert above and beyond the GT Premium:

Required for CS:

Interior Upgrade Package

Comfort Group

GT California Special

Extra Options:

5-Speed Auto

GT Appearance Package

Sirius Satellite Radio

Vert Boot

Cost: $33,779 US (Before the WA sales tax of $2905)

I ordered my 07 GT/CS

with a couple additional options like you did.I ordered the:

Active anti-theft system

3.55 rear axel

GT Appearance pkg.

Dealer undercoating

final price was $29,805 ( Sales tax was additional $2,503.62)

It is a superb car for the money. Still waiting for some photos!

Rob

GTCS.bmp

I ordered my 07 GT/CS

with a couple additional options like you did.I ordered the:

Active anti-theft system

3.55 rear axel

GtT Appearance pkg.

Dealer undercoating

final price was $29,805 ( Sales tax was additional $2,503.62)

It is a superb car for the money. Still waiting for some photos!

Rob

Rob,

Click on the bitmap above and you will get a pic I took a few miles from my house in Blaine, WA.

GTCS.bmp

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is, they won't be worth collecting. One reason is, they are not keeping track of how many are produced ie no different VIN then standard GT. Also, retro parts are already available to change the front/back fascia so, you can make any GT a CS.

AwakeinAZ: Ya you can make a clone of anything, but there is something to be said about having a "original" car, with a title that proves how it was ordered. Time will tell. We will probally all be 6 feet under by that time, so it really wont matter! :cry:

Did you pay under invoice or under MSRP. As you know there is about 2400 dollars difference !

X-plan is roughly the same amount (+/- $50) as invoice. X-plan buyers currently get a $500 rebate on 2007 Mustangs (inlcuding GT's and GT/CS's, but excluding Shelbys) that the general public does not get.

We have already sold 3 GT/CS's, we have one on our lot available today for sale at MSRP (no ADM's of any kind!), and we have two more coming soon that will also be listed at MSRP. These cars can be ordered at-will by any Ford dealership, there is no allocation system limiting orders, and Ford expects to build about 8,750 of them for 2007, but will build as many as ordered. The only thing that is currently limiting dealers in any way in ordering the GT/CS is the commodity restrictions that apply to all 2007 Mustang GT's (18" wheels & manual transmissions are in short supply thus delaying orders for GT's with these two items). This is a one year only model with the Bullitt coming for 2008.

I have been considering a GT/CS for myself. D-plan is more than 4% less than X-plan, so I'm tempted, but the thought of giving up some horsepower (versus my 2003 Mach 1) and getting a heavier car to boot is giving me 2nd thoughts. Also, I'm seen them in all 4 colors (black, white, redfire, and vista blue) and feel that a bright color is needed to really set off the stripes, front air dam and rear diffuser. Ford supposedly will offer a 5th color (screaming yellow) after the 1st of the year on GT/CS's. I'd like to see torch red and grabber orange available, as well, before seriously considering an order for one to replace my Mach 1.

Five O BE: What information do you have on the Bullitt. Will it be built on the same platform code ? What kind of availability do you expect. Ya got any inside information you care to share. Also I heard the order banks for the GT Shelby are not opening untill Jan for that car. Seems that is a little late.

Five O BE: What information do you have on the Bullitt. Will it be built on the same platform code ? What kind of availability do you expect. Ya got any inside information you care to share. Also I heard the order banks for the GT Shelby are not opening untill Jan for that car. Seems that is a little late.

Ford has not shared any worthwhile info with us dealers about the Shelby GT or Bullitt yet. I'll post when there's info, though.

Archived