TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoas on a Shelby GT?

I was wanting to see if anyone had put the Alcoas on their SGT. I want to do this to mine but I dont want to be the guinea pig. Also would it be hard to paint these rims black? Thanks in advance.

wanted to see fitment/rubbing issues, if any, etc.

Go for it. I would love to see that too. Almost exactly 1 year ago I met with SAI and asked to get them on my car but was not allowed. I still think about getting them myself now and then. If you get them please post pics and PM or email me the link.

It may be possible to paint them black but you would be defeating one of the best features of the wheel. The 'dura bright' finish. Soap and water and they are perfectly clean. Brake dust and road grime doesn't stick. The SuperSnake owners I have talked to absolutely love it.

I had looked at these wheels on several occasions, and had considered buying them, of course the 400 plus bucks per wheel seemed steep.

Dennis at Taska did some research and at the time trying to get the Alcoa's was next to impossible, we settled on American Racing Shelby Edition Torq Thrust in Black, these wheels are a great match to the SGT are Silver and Black and at 20X8.5 front and 20 x10 rears the silver deep dish picks up the stripes, the black continues the original look of the stock wheels. We did need spacers for the rear due to the addition of the Beur Brake retro kit in the rear, the size of the rotor required adding the spacers rear only.

Of course at 50 percent of the price they are somewhat more fiscally conservative.

These do require typical maintenance, but at least your not spending 400 plus bucks and painting a wheel that should be left unpainted.

Lata

Moe in NH

Trackeer wish I were able to see your car while at Tasca. Please post pics.

Ngnear I love your plate. Boy you are brake. LOL

Adam:

I not brave (maybe more along the lines of foolish) ...it's just that I personally know a lot of the officers in the area due to my brother being a county deputy.

They really don't care one way or the other. It really is not a slam or demeaning. One did mention that to put this on my plate and draw attention to myself most likely indicates to them that I am not really a bad guy or any trouble...just someone out having fun.

It has been a great conversation piece. B)

When will the Alcoas be available?

They have been showing on the shelby online store since I have been a member. $500 per wheel isnt as bad as my first choice. I would really love a custom True forged or I forged wheel set.

Here are the Alcoas in black

Archived