TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Silly supercharger question

I saw a video somewhere on here or youtube showing someone revving their engine in neutral and the boost gauge moving up as the RPM's came up as well as hearing the sc spinning up. My car only shows boost when I'm driving but not when I rev the engine in neutral. How does that work? Just curious.

I saw a video somewhere on here or youtube showing someone revving their engine in neutral and the boost gauge moving up as the RPM's came up as well as hearing the sc spinning up. My car only shows boost when I'm driving but not when I rev the engine in neutral. How does that work? Just curious.

Boost only comes on while driving or on dyno. You need the resistance against the engine through the driveshaft.

Mine does that after I retuned it. Haven't figured out why yet. It jumps up to about 8psi if I am just revving the engine in neutral. Just one of many things that I haven't gotten around to doing yet.

Archived