TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SoCal Weekend, July 26 & 27th

ShelbyPilot

Event Participation  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Please select all the events you are likely to attend.

• Cars & Coffee
    • OC Scenic Cruise
    • John Force Cruise Night
    • Sunday Open Track

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry you can't make it, but congrats on the sale Page. That should put some :happy feet: into your step!

Well, it hasnt closed escrow - thats the next hurddle :) Will do more than put some :happy feet: into my step - will help keep the house for another few months :)

Update:

Sunday Open Track Event:

It seems there are a lot of spots open at the open track event. As such, the people at Speedventures are offering the following discounts to groups of five or more (we have 6 so far):

Anyone who hasn’t signed up yet can get a free transponder ($20 value), a free garage ($20 value), $20 off the autocross ($50 instead of $70). Or, everyone already signed up will get these extras added to their sign up at no extra charge, or as a credit for a future event if already paid for.

In your registration tell them you are with Chris Van Horn and/or the Shelby group.

1 Day,

Chris

UPDATE:

Cars & Coffee

I got us a little better parking area then was initially promissed. It is more toward the front center and will give us a two rows to park cars facing each other. I could use a couple of volunteers to help me at Cars & Coffee at 6am. It is to help me park cars and keep the area reserved. So, if there is anybody close that doesn't mind getting up a little earlier, I would be very appreciative.

1 day,

Chris

UPDATE:

Cars & Coffee

I got us a little better parking area then was initially promissed. It is more toward the front center and will give us a two rows to park cars facing each other. I could use a couple of volunteers to help me at Cars & Coffee at 6am. It is to help me park cars and keep the area reserved. So, if there is anybody close that doesn't mind getting up a little earlier, I would be very appreciative.

1 day,

Chris

Hey Chris,

I will show up to help out with that. Cant stay much after stuff starts, but will help out if ya need :)

Page

Page, can't you join us later in the day after your inspection is done? Perhaps at the lunch stop or at JFR after that?

MY500SS, Thank You that would be great.

Page, I think we are good with Rick and MY500SS' help. You don't need to come to help out but if you want to come by before your home inspection and hang out that would be awesome. I expect most of our guys to be arriving by 6:30.

See You all Tomorrow,

Chris

LAST UPDATE (I hope):

All right it is the last day of preperation. I just came home from Wally World with drinks and supplies. I am going to have to make one more call to the caterer because we are up to 33 cars confirmed and 61 people. Thanks to all those that confirmed and supported the planning.

If you haven't confirmed but still want to come and join us, please do. The more the merrier.

As far as tomorrow morning. I am going directly to Cars & Coffee to meet with their organizers and handle the arrangements. Jason Cenora (Shelby CS8) of 281 Motorsports will be at the Jack in the Box meeting place off of Sand Canyon. He is my surrogate there. Also, you will be able to register with him if you would like a gift bag. Jason will lead the contingent from Jack in the Box to Cars & Coffee at about 6:25-6:30. I will be waiting at Cars & Coffee with some helpers to park everybody as quickly as possible. If you can't make it to Jack in the Box by 6:30 come directly to Cars & Coffee. I should be able to hold spaces until atleast 7:00 am. However, if the parking lot fills up we may have to give spaces back to the show.

After you park buy a cup a coffee and enjoy the beautiful cars and mingle. At about 8:45, I'll start handing out the cruise directions. There is no hurry for everybody to grab the directions and go right away. You will have plenty of time to leisurely enjoy the cruise and even stop and enjoy the sights along the way, if you choose.

If you have any questions or concerns, I'll be checking in here and my email (shelbypilot@hotmail.com) all day long. If you need to find me tomorrow. I shouldn't be far from our group or the entrance (for pictures) and I will be wearing the blue TEAM SHELBY shirt.

See You Tomorrow,

Chris

MY500SS, Thank You that would be great.

Page, I think we are good with Rick and MY500SS' help. You don't need to come to help out but if you want to come by before your home inspection and hang out that would be awesome. I expect most of our guys to be arriving by 6:30.

See You all Tomorrow,

Chris

I'll be there by 6am. Man this is going to be a great weekend. :happy feet:

Dan

Page, can't you join us later in the day after your inspection is done? Perhaps at the lunch stop or at JFR after that?

Who knows whats going to happen after this inspection. This particular client has been a LOT of work. I have done inspections where the inspector is able to produce their report right away and hand it to you before they leave. If thats the case, I will be going back to the office to do a repair request. COULD be an overly busy weekend for me. IF there is any way I can make it out - I will show up :)

This is getting exciting! :happy feet:

Sigh, now I just have to adjust 16 valves, change the oil and buff on a quick coat of wax :o It's gonna be a midnight (or later) night I'd bet...

See you guys early just the same. Mmm, Bacon Breakfast Jack...

Alan

Ah yes, four luxurious hours of sleep now, Page, I'll grab you that Sausage jack in the AM :drool:

Alan

Alan, you the man :) Thanks much - you DIDNT have to do that - it was posted as a joke, but I TRULY appreciate your generosity :) It was GOOOOOOODDDD :)

Soooo, do tell - how did the ramp run go with the SS and your 4 banger (AWESOME car by the way - totally amazing). Sudden - if you are reading this - you should have come :):)

Hope you guys/gals all had a FANTASTIC rest of the weekend. It was great to meet all of you that I did ;)

Page

Alan, you the man :) Thanks much - you DIDNT have to do that - it was posted as a joke, but I TRULY appreciate your generosity :) It was GOOOOOOODDDD :)

Soooo, do tell - how did the ramp run go with the SS and your 4 banger (AWESOME car by the way - totally amazing). Sudden - if you are reading this - you should have come :):)

Hope you guys/gals all had a FANTASTIC rest of the weekend. It was great to meet all of you that I did ;)

Page

Uh, he left just a bit early as we were going down the road :rolleyes: Dan, we wait until the other guy gets NEXT to us, THEN we go :lol: We ran outta room but I was looking at his rear 3/4 view (where I started) till about 105. I needed another 1/8 mile to really stretch the legs of the lil 2 liter motor. Not much happens til 6000 RPMS :( Rematch another time Dan??? Your SS sounds awesome BTW B)

The old GLHS ate up a Throttle Position Sensor half way thru the cruise, as Cook's Corner was on our route and only 3 miles from where I live, I hung a quick left when the group went right onto Santiago Canyon road and I went home to replace the sensor. Did that (sweating like crazy and I wanted to get to the lunch stop before the edibles were all gone!) Same problem, that means it's most likely a break in the wire INSIDE the harness :angry2: So I had to swap cars for another 25 year old project car (not nearly as pretty as the GLHS but a lil faster around a track :peelout:) and finished the day with that. Not to worry, I parked that thing faaar away from the clean cars.

The John Force museum/show was a very sweet spot to have a show, lots of eye candy and a heavy emphasis on Rods that as I get a bit older, am liking them more and more ;) A great day and thanks to ShelbyPilot for setting it up, Jason from 281 for all the support and raffle prizes, and SAI for buying us lunch and giving our weekend their blessings. I wish I could go to race tomorrow, but my 'hall pass' from the boss is only good for one day :cry:

Alan

The old GLHS ate up a Throttle Position Sensor half way thru the cruise, as Cook's Corner was on our route and only 3 miles from where I live, I hung a quick left when the group went right onto Santiago Canyon road and I went home to replace the sensor. Did that (sweating like crazy and I wanted to get to the lunch stop before the edibles were all gone!) Same problem, that means it's most likely a break in the wire INSIDE the harness :angry2: So I had to swap cars for another 25 year old project car (not nearly as pretty as the GLHS but a lil faster around a track :peelout: ) and finished the day with that. Not to worry, I parked that thing faaar away from the clean cars.

Hey - shoulda droped by our house - we are almost within walking distance to Cooks Corner :)

"A great day and thanks to ShelbyPilot for setting it up, Jason from 281 for all the support and raffle prizes, and SAI for buying us lunch and giving our weekend their blessings."

Yep!

Thanks guys and thank you SAI for the lunch!

It was truely my pleasure.

A few of the bullet points before I collapse on the bed for the track day tomorrow.

-65 particpants

-40 cars including a 1968 GT500KR, 3 Shelby Dodges, Supersnakes, GT500s, Shelby GT/SCs, Shelby GTs, a CS8, SVT Cobras, Mustang GTs, and a Cobra replica.

-$400 raised for Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation

Here are all the pictures from the day. I will edit and embed some of the photos in a full report later this week.

PHOTOS

Thank You to:

DeEtta and Melody for the park.

Rick, Dan, and Page for coming early to help park.

My wife for picking up the food and supporting my craziness.

Jason Cenora at 281motorsports for the Maguire gift bags and raffle prizes.

Amy Boylan and SHELBY Automobiles for sponsoring lunch and gift bag items.

I want to first thank Chris for the vision of such an awesome event! I cannot remember a time where i had so much fun. And meeting all you guys today was unreal. I think the Mustang / Shelby owners there today were some of the fun and friendliest people i've met. Mustang people tend to be groupy types and everyone was so different. It was like everyone had been friends for years. I want to thank everyone I met today, it was a blast!

I also would like to point out a missed critical point you may NOT have noticeced with all the fun today. If any of you got a chance to look in the goodie bags, Amy from Shelby Autos sent a bunch of cool stuff including a comerative Shelby Poker chip! So along with the AWESOME lunch Amy of Shelby Auto's provided, she provided awesome gifts in the bag, so make sure to look inside your bag!

Again, please thank the following supporters of the raffle and goodie bag items today:

Shelby Autos (Amy Boylan)

BF Goodrich

Meguiars

Lucas Oil

JBA Exhaust

American Racing (Chris Plump of American Racing was on tour with us today in his Blue Mach I)

With all the raffle items that were donated from the various vendors, we were able to raise $372 for the Carroll Shelby Childrens's Foundation!!! Chris and I will be presenting a check to the foundation next week! Thank you for all your support today! You guys ROCK!

See you at the track tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Archived