TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SoCal Weekend, July 26 & 27th

ShelbyPilot

Event Participation  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Please select all the events you are likely to attend.

• Cars & Coffee
    • OC Scenic Cruise
    • John Force Cruise Night
    • Sunday Open Track

SoCal Team Shelby Weekend

Team Shelby members and friends. I have woven together a weekend of events that we can use to meet, greet and have a good time. It involves mostly established events. Team Shelby membership not required. A Shelby or Ford car not required. Please come out and bring a couple of auto enthusiast friends with you.

Saturday July 26th

6:00-6:30am Pre-grid for Cars & Coffee, Irvine - Jack in the Box, 6565 Burt Road, Irvine MAP

6:30-9:00am Cars & Coffee, Irvine 7905 Gateway Blvd, Irvine MAP

9:00-10:00am Pre-grid and start of "Scenic Cruise"

- The cruise will start from Cars & Coffee. Participants can start when they wish but I will be at the start with directions until 10:00am for the late risers.

9:00-11:30 "Scenic Cruise" A little bit of beach, a little bit of canyon, a lot of sun. Tops down if you got them.

11:30-2:30pm LUNCH- sponsored by SHELBY AUTOS

-The location will be scenic cruise finish line

2:30-2:45pm Pre-grid for John Force Cruise Night

3:00-7:00pm Cruise Night at John Force Race Station, 22722 Old Canal Road, Yorba Linda MAP

Sunday July 27th

7:00am Open track event at California Speedway performed by Speedventures MAP

Participation

All Team Shelby members and friends are welcome. Shelby or Ford car not required. Just bring a good attitude. Please mark the events on the poll which you are likely to attend.

Cost

The Saturday events except your coffee are free. Lunch is being provided by SHELBY AUTOS

The track fee for Sunday is $240 (plus options). Lunch and water is typically included by Speed Ventures. Also, there is a 10% future credit with a AAA membership.

Disclaimer

I have no part in the organization of Cars & Coffee, John Force Cruise, or the Speed Ventures Track event. These are all independent events.

Contact

Questions or comments can be left in the thread, PM'd to me or emailed to ShelbyPilot@hotmail.com

Thank You,

Chris

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk about an early day! Let's see. leave around 430am, not a problem! At least there won't be much traffic. I might invite a few non-Shelby, but have Mustang friends. We love getting together and going for drives. We'd already planned on doing John Force anyway.

Thanks for the invite!

Karen

Chris -

I posted a thread on the "FORD GT FORUM" referring to your post here - I'd like to come down from Mammoth to participate. Do you have any knowledge as to the Tech Inspection vehicle requirements at the Speedway, as most Ford GT's don't have roll cages?

Thanks, Ralphie

post-21050-1214773720.jpg

post-21050-1214773720.jpg

Pixelsmack is correct the 1.5 mile interior course is a good track. Nothing to get a beginer into much trouble yet fun enough to keep experienced driver's entertained. I am more to the beginer side and I have a blast. First time track participants can get a half day of instruction for free. It is well worth the track fee and gas. If we get enough people preregistered, I might be able to get us an exclusive run group. If you know you are going to go and would like a garage space, consider signing up early. The garage space is limited and goes on a first come first serve basis. Fontana in July, $20 will be a wise investment.

Shelby Gal,

Yeah I know it is early. For me to. I work late nights and am not a morning person. The more the merrier at every event including Cars and Coffee. But if it is just too early, I have it set up so members and friends can join us before any point.

Ralphie,

Thanks for posting on the Ford GT Forum. I hope to see a mix of cars other then our S197 Shelbys. You shouldn't have a problem with the Ford GT. Roll bars aren't required on vehicles except for convertibles.

Shelby GT and Super Snake verts, Shelby #18 was allowed on the track with his SAI "factory" installed light bar. Ralphie also in the Ford GT realm, Shelby #18 was on the track last month with his Ford GTX.

Here is a link to the tech form. You can take it to a shop to have it signed off or do it yourself. There isn't a tech inspection at the track to speak of but they will prevent or "meatball" suspicious cars from the track.

http://speedventures.com/events/tech.pdf

SoCal Team Shelby Weekend

Team Shelby members and friends. I have weaved together a weekend of events that we can use to meet, greet and have a good time. It evolves around mostly established events. Team Shelby membership not required. A Shelby or Ford car not required. Please come out and bring a couple of auto enthusiast friends with you.

Saturday July 26th

5:45-6:15am Pre-grid for Cars & Coffee, Irvine

-location to be determined but will be within 10 minutes of C&C so we can gather and go in as a group.

6:30-9:00am Cars & Coffee, Irvine 7905 Gateway Blvd, Irvine

http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/

9:15-10:00am Pre-grid for "Road Rally"

-location TBD, close to Cars & Coffee so we can regroup as needed and late risers can join us.

10:00-12:30 "Road Rally." A little bit of beach, a little bit of canyon, a lot of sun. Tops down if you got them.

12:30-2:00pm LUNCH

-location TBD, will be a casual sit down at the end of Rally and close to John Force Racestation

2:00-2:30pm Pre-grid for John Force Cruise Night

3:00-7:00pm Cruise Night at John Force Race Station, 22722 Old Canyon Road, Yorba Linda

http://www.johnforceracing.com/index.html

Sunday July 27th

7:00am Open track event at California Speedway performed by Speedventures

http://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=176

Participation

All Team Shelby members and friends are welcome. Shelby or Ford car not required. Just bring a good attitude. Please mark the events on the poll which you are likely to attend.

Cost

The Saturday events except your coffee & lunch are free. The track fee for Sunday is $240 (plus options). Lunch and water is typically included by Speed Ventures. Also, there is a 10% future credit with a AAA membership.

Disclaimer

I have no part in the organization of Cars & Coffee, John Force Cruise, or the Speed Ventures Track event. These are all independent events.

Contact

Questions or comments can be left in the thread, PM'd to me or emailed to ShelbyPilot@hotmail.com

Thank You,

Chris

Chris,

You have done a great job. This looks like a great time, I wish that Robert and I could be there but we have alternative arrangments already.

Sharon

1218shelby,

Shelby ownership not required. Any auto enthusiast that wants to have a good time and has a good attitude is welcome.

Sun57,

There is no official sign up or registration for Saturday. Just show up at one of the schedule gathering points. Sunday preregistration for the track event can be found here: http://speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=176 . Be sure to sign up early if you want a garage space. I hope to meet you and see that stripe delete Shelby GT in person.

All,

I am keeping a list of people who post they are coming. If you want to "sign up" you can post here or send me a PM.

Hey all,

A couple of things about the open track on Sunday.

First, If you want to reserve a garage space be sure to register early. The garage spaces are limited, less than 20. I expect at $20 in July they will go fast.

http://speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=176

Second, by pure chance I discovered a $20 discount for Speed Ventures by registering to use the Cars & Coffee forum. The offer came in a welcome email from the Cars & Coffee people.

http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/

Drive them well,

Chris

I checked out Cars & Coffee today. We will need to roll in by 6:30 if we wish to park together. Tony and some of his friends rolled in about 7:00 am and had to park in an over flow area. Lots of great cars from Model-A to Ford GTs and BMW "Bubble Window" to F430s. There is coffe and a continental style breakfast selection of food for purchase.

I then drove the rally course. I have the course locked in except for the very begining and end.

Yup, we were banished to the outer reaches. I was with a group organized by my local Mustang specialty shop, GTR Hi Performance. We still had fun; both getting there and while we were there. We were supposed to be there earlier but the guy who had been there before arrived late and so we left late.

I ran into Chris (ShelbyPilot) with his new FRPP wheels (still an awesome car, Chris), Mike Lutz (mikesdream) who brought his gorgeous 6 month old daughter, and Alan "I won't tell you my screen name because I don't post much" Jones (20+yearShelbyOwner) who was wearing his TS shirt (just playing with you Alan). Alan was one of the Dodge Shelby guys at the Birthday Bash and it was nice talking with him.

All in all a very nice day. But rally course? I didn't hear anything about a rally course. When, where, how?

Tony

All in all a very nice day. But rally course? I didn't hear anything about a rally course. When, where, how?

Tony

It is part of the Saturday activities. In reality it is more of a scenic drive with a few scavenger hunt questions.

Jason,

Its on my to do list.

I'm just curious. I know there are going to be S197 GT500, Super Snakes, 40th Anniversary, Shelby GT and at least on Shelby GT/SC coming out. Is anybody bringing another sort of Shelby vehicle? A Cobra, Shelby Dodge, Ford GT, Tiger, 60's era GT350 or GT500, a Series 1?

Archived