TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MUSTANG SHELBY GT 500 KR

dupuyf

It's a Ford Racing system but don't know the part number.

( 2008 MUSTANG SHELBY GT 500 KR EXHAUST)

I CALLED FORD RACING PART , HE SAID HE DID NOT KNOW

THAT THEY MUST NOT BE ON THE MARKET YET. I TOLD

HIM I WOULD CHECK BACK LATER

THANKS

FD

Originally they stated it was the SVT1. Now I hear they may have changed it, but nothing official.

You should be able to stop by Shelby when you get your Starbucks tomorrow and see where the heck my car is. The mocha latte with whipped cream is good. :happy feet:

You should be able to stop by Shelby when you get your Starbucks tomorrow and see where the heck my car is. The mocha latte with whipped cream is good. :happy feet:

I drove your KR today, had to strap some wood blocks on the pedals to reach them though.

Sorry, I don't have a part number for you, but here are a couple of close up pictures of the KR's exhaust pipes that I took yesterday.

th_070208011.jpg

th_070208013.jpg

th_070208014.jpg

The sound of this car is very distinct and wonderful. The canisters are straight as opposed to the FRPP/Borla's that are angled behind the rear wheels.

If and when these resinators become available, they are going to be a big hit with GT500 owners.

You're not trying to be funny are you?

I believe this site has rules about personal attacking?

I can't help it if I'm a little short?

Hey, just because I'm a squirrel, doesn't mean I am attacking you. I'm short too.

I'm still taller though :tease: Shortstuff. :hysterical:

Guys the mufflers or resonators as some call them are nothing special, they are the axle backs from the 08 Bullit

Chuck:

I will have to disagree. The KR axle-backs are NOT from the Bullitt, which are oval shaped. The axle-backs on the KR are round (see post #16 for pictures). However, the exhaust tips from the two look to be the same.

BTW - the Bullitt mufflers are now available from FRPP (PN M-5230-GTB). The FRPP site shows the Bullitt mufflers to be oval shaped - so they are not the KR mufflers.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...tKeyField=10540

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, I don't have a part number for you, but here are a couple of close up pictures of the KR's exhaust pipes that I took yesterday.

th_070208011.jpg

th_070208013.jpg

th_070208014.jpg

The sound of this car is very distinct and wonderful. The canisters are straight as opposed to the FRPP/Borla's that are angled behind the rear wheels.

If and when these resinators become available, they are going to be a big hit with GT500 owners.

The KR exhaust tuning that you guys are liking so much was developed by a highly trained SVT engineer named Bill Woebkenberg who has many many years of experience in exhaust engineering.

I guess this will be one of his last marks on the GT500 because Ford laid him off the other day. :banghead:

The KR exhaust tuning that you guys are liking so much was developed by a highly trained SVT engineer named Bill Woebkenberg who has many many years of experience in exhaust engineering.

I guess this will be one of his last marks on the GT500 because Ford laid him off the other day. :banghead:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=31662&hl=

Hmmmm.....now that Ford let Bill go and Bill is the one that developed this maybe Bill could find a company to make this exhaust by just changing something on it where the sound is the same. Then Bill could make some nice income off this! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

All those wanting to sign up for a set say I

The sound just doesn't come from the mufflers only, the added "H-Pipe" makes a different sound also (with an addtionial SAI mod done to it) & when both are combined together it has it's own Unique sound & can't be replicated unles you have all 3-components....H-pipe, Mufflers & the special mod part SAI adds to the H-Pipe

So would a Proud KR owner please post a picture of the 'H' pipe that is on their car. i got to believe at some point some one will have it up on a lift and be able to get a nice picture of it.

i for one am willing to custom fabricate one of these for my own use, and with resonators to go after the sound.

Archived