TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For those of you that replaced the Chin Splitter

venom

I have a brand new splitter sitting in the box in the basement. Stock replacement since the dealer messed up the OEM splitter when it was delivered.

So how many fasterners hold it on and how easy is it to swap out? Any difficulty at all?

I tried a sanding block with 150 grit sandpaper. Didn't seem to do anything but make it worse!!

Easy.

Couple screws at the side fenders (need to turn the wheels a bit to get to them), and a few (6?) bolts/screws under the front.

Once you loosen all the screws and bolts it will still hang on the car. You have to slide it back. When I installed the new one I started a couple of the side screws in the fender then slid it back into the bumper and put some screws in the other side before putting any bolts in the bottom.

Once you loosen all the screws and bolts it will still hang on the car. You have to slide it back. When I installed the new one I started a couple of the side screws in the fender then slid it back into the bumper and put some screws in the other side before putting any bolts in the bottom.

Cool. Thanks Guys!

I have a brand new splitter sitting in the box in the basement. Stock replacement since the dealer messed up the OEM splitter when it was delivered.

So how many fasterners hold it on and how easy is it to swap out? Any difficulty at all?

I tried a sanding block with 150 grit sandpaper. Didn't seem to do anything but make it worse!!

Thats funny because I have the same scenario. Damage at delivery, so I scored a new one for "future" when I hit something. The damage on mine is minor, but enough to warrent a replacement.

• 3 weeks later...

it take about 25 min because there are 20-30 total screws or so

do any of you have the part number for the splitter. The ford dealers I call seem to have no idea what I am talking about based on the picture they look at. Any help would be great. Thanks

Take a look at the picture that Sharabi posted in post #5. It shows the splitter and what I believe is the part number = 17626.

do any of you have the part number for the splitter. The ford dealers I call seem to have no idea what I am talking about based on the picture they look at. Any help would be great. Thanks

I just ordered one so I have a back up. My dealer is charging me $74.55.

Part number 7R3Z*17626*AB

Archived