TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush 427R Mustang

68fastback

Kinda nice, I think and probably respectable HP/weight ratio and good road performance.

I just wonder how much will be the asking price since you could do all the performance mods for maybe $8K in parts and $2K in labor on your own GT, but still a nice ride if you can deopt the stripes <yikes!>

<edit:> Ooops! Here's the link

Kinda nice, I think and probably respectable HP/weight ratio and good road performance.

I just wonder how much will be the asking price since you could do all the performance mods for maybe $8K in parts and $2K in labor on your own GT, but still a nice ride if you can deopt the stripes <yikes!>

<edit:> Ooops! Here's the link

My guess is nearly 60K as that is what the Stage 3 Roush is going for, more or less :doh:

My guess is nearly 60K as that is what the Stage 3 Roush is going for, more or less :doh:

Yeah, you're probably right... there's a lot of expendable income out there. I want something directly from Ford (GT500/Boss/etc) but I can see the attraction of the Roush... and they couldn't resist getting the 427 num in there <lol> I mean, we have this 427roush, everyone is doing 427CID 351-hi-deck stroker vrate-motors (including FRP), Ford stroked the V10 to 427CID for the 2004 427 concept, Shelby is making REAL racing 427 side-oilers out of the Gardenia CA shop. Now all we need is a real 427 in something

... and I'm holding my breath and hiding in the corner until I get it :hysterical:

;):baby:

Dan - you KNOW what I'm thinking, don't you?

"Baby, it just ain't my style - but you are." :rockon:

Excuse me, would you terribly mind passing the Bling?

:hysterical: exactly... and hold your pinky up when you say that, sir ;)

..and was that a proposal? :hysterical2:

I gotta wonder who's buying the bling-mobiles? They don't seem seductive to very many folks in here, so I'm figuring there are a lot of younger car-guys (and gals) liking that stuff. Hell, even for my '68 I went out of my way to opt it as low-key. The Roush is sedate compared to some, but still too 'gen-x' for me.

I guess Ford will do the 'classy' stuff, Shelby the 'quick-response' mods, and the aftermarket the niche-bling -- as long as everyone's happy! :doh:

:shift:

Archived