TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dyno Day

kevhead20

Not sure if this is the right thread but anyway....

I just left Sutton HP in Matteson, IL after getting some exhaust work done. BTW, great job. They had 3 other GT500 in there also, ,which was cool to see.

Anyway, to my point. Doug wanted to know if any of us 500 owners wanted to do a dyno day at the shop? I am testing the waters to see if there is any interest.

I would think some Saturday, maybe the first or second in August might work. I am not sure of the cost.....might depend on how many cars we could get to go. I'll talk with Doug as things develop.

So anyway, I thought this might be fun. Maybe I could even bring a grill and BBQ some food. Let me know what you guys think.

email or pm

kevhead20@comcast.net

Just GT500s?

Dunno.....I asked him about that and he seemed to indicate such. I think it would be better if we could all come. Maybe they are more comfortable or have done more work with the 500? I am just speculating.

I know that if I told Doug that I had two 500's and 8 Shelby GT's it would be no problem. The more the merrier IMO. Furthermore, he'd be silly to turn down the opportunity to hang out with us. :rockon:

So what I'll do is when we have a date and a number confirmed, I'll let him know and we'll go from there.

Any suggestions?

Just GT500s?

That would go against the grain of my past experience with Sutton. If it's a Ford, they will dyno it and tune it if you wish.

I know Doug, Randy, Jerry and a few others in the shop, and I've been trying to encourage Sutton to become a Shelby mod shop. I talked to Randy about this, but haven't heard much lately, been kind of laid up with health issues. I'll look into this sometime this week.

Dyno days can be a lot of fun, let's plan something?

Doug said that all we need to do is pick a Saturday and line up some cars. Doug was hoping for mostly Shelby's because, as you mentioned, they are contemplating becoming more involved with the site.

Well guys and gals, let's get started on this?

First...For those of you who haven't heard of Sutton Ford, it's a full scale Ford superstore located on the south side of Route 30, 500 yards west of I-57. Very easy to get to.

Second...Sutton has their own in-ground DynoJet 240 in house. Sutton is very active in local and national drag racing circles and their top wrench, Jerry Van Derlinde, is a factory trained/certified SCT tuner. He's one of the best in the country.

So...Post up if you are interested, and let's pick some dates?

I'm waiting for a return call from Doug, and I'm sure he will be wanting some focus (excuse my pun) so there is no confusion with racing engagements.

Generally speaking (and not speaking for Sutton here), dyno days out this way tend to be 50 bucks for two pulls, and 75 bucks for three. Personally, I prefer three so I can average the sums.

Thanks LuLu for the help..........I'll keep you posted if I get anything through either PM or my email. The most important thing is obviously the date.

I'm good the last 2 weeks of July and the first 2 weeks of August. Any Saturday. I suggest we take a couple of Saturdays to Sutton and see which/if any will fit into their racing schedule and go from there.

Should be fun :happy feet:

Hello

I wanted to send this out to everyone on this site. If we can line up at least 10 we will do three pull for FREE!!!

The midwest has been very good to our shop and this is our way of saying thank you.

Keep us updated

randy@suttonhp.com

Thank you, Randy, this is a very generous offer.

There you have it, gents, FREE!...If we can get our ducks in order and get 10 cars together. I believe this is quite possible. I think we had 11-12 at our last meet. When was the last time any car event, show or go, was free?

I'm in...And any Saturday is fine with me, I'll be there.

Post up!

Cool..........I send Doug an email and see about the 9th. That's four so far. C'mon Boys.

I apologize but the 9th will not work as we have a race in Atco NJ that weekend. I need to check with the other guys but maybe the following weekend on the 16th of August. I will check and post up.

I want this to be a great event for everyone.

WTF........Doug!!

just kidding.....let us know about the 16th.

I'm from Iowa City, Iowa about 230 miles west on I-80, but for free dyno pulls I'd be willing to make the drive, maybe I could get a better tune while I'm there. Would Sutton's be up for doing some tunes too? I think I could make August 16th work.

Dave

I'm from Iowa City, Iowa about 230 miles west on I-80, but for free dyno pulls I'd be willing to make the drive, maybe I could get a better tune while I'm there. Would Sutton's be up for doing some tunes too? I think I could make August 16th work.

Dave

Hey Iowa Dave,

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, Jerry the tuner will not be available until that following Monday, so no tuning on Sat. Just free dyno pulls. They would obviously love to work with you so maybe you can work out some time of scheduling with the guys on Saturday to get a better tune. Let me know if you are still interested so I can mark you down.

Thanks again.

P.S. We are going with Aug 16th :happy feet:

Hey Iowa Dave,

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, Jerry the tuner will not be available until that following Monday, so no tuning on Sat. Just free dyno pulls. They would obviously love to work with you so maybe you can work out some time of scheduling with the guys on Saturday to get a better tune. Let me know if you are still interested so I can mark you down.

Thanks again.

P.S. We are going with Aug 16th :happy feet:

If the weather is good I will try and make it. Sorry, I can't give a firmer commitment than that.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As of right now, no. We only have 4 cars committed and according to Sutton it's just not enough to tie up the dyno for.

It certainly isn't dead though.....maybe we back the date up and we might have more success rounding up some cars after vacations are over? September?

As of right now, no. We only have 4 cars committed and according to Sutton it's just not enough to tie up the dyno for.

It certainly isn't dead though.....maybe we back the date up and we might have more success rounding up some cars after vacations are over? September?

I really don't want to see this opportunity die. It's a very generous offer from Sutton, and it will be a fun day. Back it up a bit on the calendar and maybe more members will be available?

BTW...I will not be available between 23 and 30 Sept., because I'm going to Terlingua!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived