TEAM SHELBY FORUM

recall on passenger seat? airbag

i read a thread about this a while back, but i cant find it.

has anyone had any trouble getting thier's fixed? if i remember right...i read that they can screw up the engine tune if done incorrectly.

just wondered because i am fixin to bring mine in to have it fixed.

i read a thread about this a while back, but i cant find it.

has anyone had any trouble getting thier's fixed? if i remember right...i read that they can screw up the engine tune if done incorrectly.

just wondered because i am fixin to bring mine in to have it fixed.

They don't have to program the PCM. They only need to flash the RCM. I made that clear to the dealer and he did it right.

Read here...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27817

It was just above your opening post, but the title was driected to owners of Shelby supercharged cars. This advice is NOT limited to supercharged cars, it applies to all who have a Shelby tune. Have your dealer call the telephone numbers for complete directions.

Just to clarify... if we are running all stock and we take the car in for this recall, regardless of if they do the RCM or PCM, both or either, we should be ok? Just cars with tunes "may" have issue? I am going to take my car in to get the oil changed soon, and want to take it to the dealer, so I am sure they will run the recall... want to make sure!

Just to clarify... if we are running all stock and we take the car in for this recall, regardless of if they do the RCM or PCM, both or either, we should be ok? Just cars with tunes "may" have issue? I am going to take my car in to get the oil changed soon, and want to take it to the dealer, so I am sure they will run the recall... want to make sure!

Done right, you should be okay, as long as the dealership doesn't flash the PCM.

All SGTs have a custom tune from Shelby. This tune is necessary to accommodate the open air filter element and 90mm MAF. If the dealership restores a standard Mustang GT tune, the car won't run.

Have your dealer contact Shelby for specific instructions BEFORE they address the recall.

I had the recall done on my SGT last week. The service manager assured me he only had the RCM updated and not the PCM. Now you guys have got me scared. I am waiting on the service manager to call me back to re-assure me that he didn't mess with the PCM. Since i've driven the car a few times after the RCM update, i've had no engine problems. Does this mean I'm ok?

I had the recall done on my SGT last week. The service manager assured me he only had the RCM updated and not the PCM. Now you guys have got me scared. I am waiting on the service manager to call me back to re-assure me that he didn't mess with the PCM. Since i've driven the car a few times after the RCM update, i've had no engine problems. Does this mean I'm ok?

I'm sure it's fine. I think one person has posted they had an issue.

No need to contact the SM, Chris, if you drove your SGT home from the dealership, everything is okay.

If any dealership flashes over an SGT/Shelby tune, the car won't run. You will know this immediately.

Done right, you should be okay, as long as the dealership doesn't flash the PCM.

All SGTs have a custom tune from Shelby. This tune is necessary to accommodate the open air filter element and 90mm MAF. If the dealership restores a standard Mustang GT tune, the car won't run.

Have your dealer contact Shelby for specific instructions BEFORE they address the recall.

I have a GT500 not an SGT. So does the same apply or am I good on the stock GT500?

I have a GT500 not an SGT. So does the same apply or am I good on the stock GT500?

The SGT is a Shelby production with a Shelby tune. The GT 500 is a Ford production with a Ford tune. The stock factory GT 500 tuning should be at any dealer's fingertips, IMHO, you're okay.

The SGT is a Shelby production with a Shelby tune. The GT 500 is a Ford production with a Ford tune. The stock factory GT 500 tuning should be at any dealer's fingertips, IMHO, you're okay.

That is what I figured and another reason I was keeping mine stock for a while. Want all the bugs worked out before I add my CAI and tune. Thanks

so i just tell them to make sure to flash the RCM, but not the PCM?

hmm sounds simple enough...do they need to call SAI to get this done?

Sure, it sounds simple, but this is where "simple is as simple does" comes into play. All it takes is one lazy tech to say "screw it, I'm zapping everything and going to lunch", and your SGT tune is toast.

So...Wouldn't hurt to have a chat with the service manager, and give him SAI's phone number...Just in case? Also wouldn't hurt to follow the link I posted in post #3 ^ there?

Sure, it sounds simple, but this is where "simple is as simple does" comes into play. All it takes is one lazy tech to say "screw it, I'm zapping everything and going to lunch", and your SGT tune is toast.

So...Wouldn't hurt to have a chat with the service manager, and give him SAI's phone number...Just in case? Also wouldn't hurt to follow the link I posted in post #3 ^ there?

gotcha......thanks :bandance:

Archived