TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2 GT500KRs through Military Car Sales

I believe the price is MSRP. I read it before but I think it was $79K....Could be wrong but I think it was right around $80K...

http://www.encs.com/promotions.aspx?id=1050

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. He's a MEDEVAC pilot soon to be Shelby GT500KR pilot...

I thought he was sick and tired of me talking about my Shelby GT all the time. He got the bug enough to put his name in the drawing. :)

"Sir,

You wont believe it but your name has been pick to purchase one of 2 KR’s we will get this year. Can you call in ASAP? I have all the details and you will receive confirmation from the office tomorrow and also the winners for the right to purchase one will be posted on our website (www.encs.com). However, I need a copy of your orders and the deposit as soon as you can get in here.

Thanks..."

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

He needs to join Team Shelby now :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks Friends. This is incredible. What were the odds? I am so excited for him and he is the lucky winner. I am just a witness to the winner of the only KR in offered in Iraq. I have some more details:

Of the 2 2009 KRs for the military, a silver/blue model went to Europe. A black/vapor(?) KR went to the Persian Gulf and was won by my roommate.

We've been pouring over the Shelby, Mustang, and every hot rod magazine we can get our hands on since I ordered my 08 SGT for the last six months and this is just too incredible to be true.

He is expected to take delivery in November.

A little humorous history. He is a chevy bowtie, Dale Jr, kinda guy but I told him not to worry, as the President of Shelby Automobiles, AmyB, is a chevy girl too :)

I have to get him to sign up for Team Shelby and join the fun.

I am going to remember this deployment for the rest of my life. 2 Shelby's in our unit, my 08 SGT convertible and my roomdog's totally awesome 09 KR.

I look forward to seeing him and all you guys at the Shelby and other car shows for years to come.

Sounds like his lucky day. Now it's just a matter of coming up with 80K plus 6-7K in taxes and fees. It's alot of doh. :spend:

Too bad they don't just give it to him.

That is true but considering the current and future market value and the fact it is the first and maybe only OIF KR, chances are his decision to purchase will be an excellent investment. The car will probably be worth $350-500K in 40 years. I don't have a crystal ball but I am pretty sure this car will be uniquely historic.

edit: seeing they are selling for $125K+ that is an immediate $45 ROI plus "it's also a lot more fun than a mutual fund!" Carroll Shelby

That is true but considering the current and future market value and the fact it is the first and maybe only OIF KR, chances are his decision to purchase will be an excellent investment. The car will probably be worth $350-500K in 40 years. I don't have a crystal ball but I am pretty sure this car will be uniquely historic.

edit: seeing they are selling for $125K+ that is an immediate $45 ROI plus "it's also a lot more fun than a mutual fund!" Carroll Shelby

Your right...he could flip the car and make some cash easy. The car is unique, and only time will tell if it will appreciate in value.

IMO, You should NEVER buy a car as an investment. Buy it to enjoy and have fun with. :shift:

Your right...he could flip the car and make some cash easy. The car is unique, and only time will tell if it will appreciate in value.

IMO, You should NEVER buy a car as an investment. Buy it to enjoy and have fun with. :shift:

Speaking of flipping... I read in the fine print of this contest, the owner has to agree not to sell the car for 1 year from actual date of purchase.

Not sure how easy to enforce, but it is in the rules.

I'm happy for the man, and a bit envious as well!

Keith

Speaking of flipping... I read in the fine print of this contest, the owner has to agree not to sell the car for 1 year from actual date of purchase.

Not sure how easy to enforce, but it is in the rules.

I'm happy for the man, and a bit envious as well!

Keith

If I remember correctly, that's true of all military sales vehicles due to the discounted prices.

+1 for the Give.

Ford should consider a drawing for a few KR's. Think great PR.

Deployed service members could enter in it .

Most enlisted members are not going to be able to afford to buy a KR at msrp.

My thoughts exactly.

Correct me if I am wrong. Military personnel don't pay sales taxes.

Yes and no. No sales tax until you register your vehicle with your state for license plates. I paid almost $2500 on my SGT for Maryland tags.

Yes, you have to keep any car purchased thru ENCS for 1 year.

How about K.R draw for Team Shelby members only?????????????

:hysterical3:

Robert and Sharon would have to raise the membership price a bit. They have their own KR to pay for you know!! (unless Amy gave them one @ no charge)

:hysterical2:

Well, well. After all the excitement, my roommate decided to let the MSRP KR go. So good luck to the others on a second chance. After all the speculation, he was concerned that the KRs might still be sitting on the lots at or below MSRP, making it a risky short term investment.

"The one that got away" :)

Well, well. After all the excitement, my roommate decided to let the MSRP KR go. So good luck to the others on a second chance. After all the speculation, he was concerned that the KRs might still be sitting on the lots at or below MSRP, making it a risky short term investment.

Car's like this are meant to drive and have fun with. It sounds like your friend made the right choice. No new car is a good investment.

2nd Chance!!! Oh yeah!

Sign me up again :happy feet:

Keith

Yeah, I signed up when I heard that they were giving away the chance to buy. The next day I registered here. They are also giving away 6 GT500s. But considering 500s are selling BELOW MSRP, I'd probably turn that one away. If I'd one the KR...I would have found the cash. I might have had to sleep in the car...but I'd own it!!!

BTW - Keith (aka stpracer43) I'm at Yongsan too!!!

Archived