TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upshift Indicator

TX08SS

Guys,

That indicator light is apparently tied to the adaptive learning in the PCM. Mine hasn't come on for well over a year!

How,you ask, did I accomplish this?

Three straight days of Open Track driving at last year's Mid-America Meet did the trick. Running that puppy up over 5500 rpm for every shift for 3 days in a row........ :shift::shift::shift::banvictory::banvictory:

Shift indicator light is now history!

Guys,

That indicator light is apparently tied to the adaptive learning in the PCM. Mine hasn't come on for well over a year!

Three straight days of Open Track driving at last year's Mid-America Meet did the trick. Running that puppy up over 5500 rpm for every shift for 3 days in a row........ :shift::shift::shift::banvictory::banvictory:

Maybe you just burned it out from overuse! :hysterical:

Guys,

Or I just turned it off in your tune :D. Which is pretty much what I always do, unless someone requests that I leave it on.

That's the Performance Shift light you're referring to, the one that's adjustable for RPM. The upshift indicator is not adjustable and I agree it's pretty annoying.

When you're trying to be consciencous of MPG the little arrow light is very helpful.

I played with the SVT shift light and tone last night. I just have to set the RPM's for them now.

When you're trying to be consciencous of MPG the little arrow light is very helpful.

I played with the SVT shift light and tone last night. I just have to set the RPM's for them now.

05FSTBK,

If your worried about the MPG for this beast, then you bought the wrong car!!! :burnout: If your anything like me your really not too concerned about the fuel economy, your just diggin the ride!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

Mike

05FSTBK,

If your worried about the MPG for this beast, then you bought the wrong car!!! :burnout: If your anything like me your really not too concerned about the fuel economy, your just diggin the ride!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

Mike

Well, since this is my DD it's kind of nice not to have to fill up ever other day. :slapfight:

But I know I can run with the best of them if needed.

I definitely didn't buy it based on the MPG rating. :superhero:

I punch the button doing 70mph and show 25.8 mpg kinda cool.

Is my car broken or something? I purchased my 08 GT500 in November 2007 and have yet to see the MPG display more than 20 MPG. The 20 MPG was after a 200 plus mile trip on the Interstate. I am usually looking at like 14 MPG around here. I am not unhappy with that but I keep seeing things like this with people getting like 25 Plus MPG and just wonder what I am doing wrong. My car is bone stock in the engine and gearing department.

Is my car broken or something? I purchased my 08 GT500 in November 2007 and have yet to see the MPG display more than 20 MPG. The 20 MPG was after a 200 plus mile trip on the Interstate. I am usually looking at like 14 MPG around here. I am not unhappy with that but I keep seeing things like this with people getting like 25 Plus MPG and just wonder what I am doing wrong. My car is bone stock in the engine and gearing department.

You won't get 20 MPG unless you're cruising at 60 - 65 MPH in 6th gear on the freeway. You'll get less if you're driving around town with occasional freeway traffic. This is not the car to have if you're concerned about gas milage but if you want to see better numbers, hit the "RESET" button to re-start the average MPG computations and go do some freeway driving - you'll see better gas milage. I have not reset my trip computer in quite a while - I'm seeing 15.8 MPG but I drive pretty conservatively and don't see much of the freeway.

• 3 weeks later...
Or I just turned it off in your tune :D. Which is pretty much what I always do, unless someone requests that I leave it on.

I really, really hated this **** orange stupid aroow. There was now way to deactivating it. And then, I bought all the stuff from Justin. I was more then surprised that there is no longer this little orange dwarf which drives me crazy all the time. Thanks Justin! This change alone is worth it to buy the kit :baby:

Some of us "control freaks" don't like a computer telling us when we SHOULD shift. I'll make that decision, thank you very much.

Uh, it doesn't force you to shift, so you are still 'making that decision'. Just ignore it if you don't like it telling you when you should shift. I'm amazed that it bothers so many people. I just ignore mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps they should have made it a different color, like green. Many of us have been trained over the years that a red or yellow light on the dash is a warning of something bad. That is why my eyes are drawn to it when I make a quick glance at the dash.

Archived