TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MFG-013

ShelbyGT/SC

I know that many of you know the story behind my license plate. For those of you unfamiliar, check out this link.

The reason for my post is that my good buddy Roger (who has the same plate but for RI) and I, from time to time have joked about starting a fun little MFG-013 club. So, for those interested in joining the club, all you need to is get the MFG-013 license plate for your state and it must be on your Shelby or Mustang.

Roger and I are really proud to have these plates on our cars. It is really fun telling people what it means. And, when Carroll signed my car at the birthday bash, he saw my plates and shook my hand again with emphasis while saying something about how proud he was that I had done my homework.

So, let's see if we can fill up the US and see how many international members we can get.

Adam

That's awesome. So we now have MA, RI, NY and of course CA. <br />Now you need to make the plate your avatar. Last year I made mine in MS Paint. It took me hours to get it right. Use mine from my photobucket site then just change the background to NY colors. <br />Who's next?

I know that many of you know the story behind my license plate. For those of you unfamiliar, check out this link.

...and I am glad to see that the SAAC publications still provide the straight scoop on the history and legacy for everyone to use...

...when Carroll signed my car at the birthday bash, he saw my plates and shook my hand again with emphasis while saying something about how proud he was that I had done my homework.

....and that you used the SAAC reference material as source. :superhero:

I have a set of the California MFG plates, with 1965 sticker, for my Cobra (replica), just for show...

The just look so good in the black and yellow.

...as well as a set of 1965 NY World's Fair plates, for fun as well.

I just checked and MFG 013 is available in CA if anyone is interested. I would go for it but I don't want to part with MYSHLBE or MY500SS.

WOW, that's awesome news. I envy the person who gets that. I figured it would have been retired years ago. Maybe someone at SAI can get it somehow and hang it from the muesum ceiling forever like they do at the sports complexes when they retire a jersey.

Just also remembered something. For those that can't get MFG-013 (MFG-ZERO13) try MFG-OHH13. That's what Roger did.

Can someone at SAI tell us what the Nevada plate is? I know it is a MFG plate as well and I think it is something like MFG-5967 but I can't recall specifically.

In Colorado you can order plates without a vehicle. You have to submit an application with the plate name (no way to check unless you know a cop). If approved you can send them $85 and they'll make it (10-12 weeks, mine took that 10). Once you get the plates you have one year to attach them or they are destroyed (and you lose your $85 and start all over again.)

They reset the registration to a year when you pick them up, so I'll get the second set this month so I don't have two registrations come due in June.

• 2 weeks later...

You can not request a three letter three number combination in Nebraska. They use this combination for the Omaha and Lincoln areas.

So that could mean some lucky sole has MFG 013 on his Toyota and does not know what it means to some of us. :censored:

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Adam, Roger and company. I am now a member of the club! In Iowa I had to use the letter O instead of zero, but it doesn't matter to me.

Dave

th_100_0463.jpg

Dave that looks great! Another memeber of "the Plate" club! Congratulations. :)

Archived