TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Cop Stories

I thought that there maybe more than a few interesting stories out there that I bet are funny(good) and not so funny(bad)

I will start with what happened to me last night. I was driving home from a local small car show about 9pm and a cop was following me for a while in the other lane(in a 2 lane road) starting to get nervous we came to a stop light and he pulled up aside of and yelled NICE RIDE I looked over suprised and smiled and then he held up a Car and Driver Mag with the GT500 on the cover and he started complimenting me on the car and telling me how he had a 03 corvette at home. The light turned green I gave him thumbs up and we went on our way. I thought that was a really cool moment until it got better, a few blocks and a couple of turns later, he happened to notice me still behind him so he slows down and says "you know alot of Waukesha cops are pretty cool, you can STEP ON IT once in awhile" with no delay I gave a big smile, put it in second, took her up to about 5k and popped the clutch, screeched the tires just a bit and took off like a bat out of hell and then braked right away, he cought up, turned his head to me laughing, and gave me thumbs up and turned off. How cool is that!

I was driving into downtown Carmel, Ca. with my wife. We pulled over to parallel park. A Carmel cop pulls up behind me stops, and puts on his flashing lights. We get out of the car and he comes over and asked if we could hang out for a few minutes because his boss really likes GT500's and would love to see mine. His boss shows up a minute later and we proceed to BS about the car for 15 minutes. All this while the lights are flashing and we're blocking the right hand lane of traffic. Amazing. Only in a Shelby!

Here's a reprint of a previous post within another TS forum a few weeks ago...

I was coming back from SAI and stopped at a gas station in Baker CA to stretch my legs and to grab a bottle of cold water for the road. Two C.H.P. officers were fueling their crusers and one of them flagged me over as I was pulling out of the parking spot. When I pulled up next to them, the officer that flagged me over said "that's a great looking car, LIGHT EM UP FOR US!"

I laughed and said, "Oh sure, I light them up and then you guys cite me for 23109VC (exhibition of speed)." He says "no, we won't. Seriously, go ahead and light them up for us"

So I :burnout:

Here's the really funny part of this story. When I came to a stop sign about a block or so away from the station, a guy in a pickup truck came up next to me and yelled "HEY BUDDY, YOU BETTER GET ON DOWN THE ROAD AS FAST AS YOU CAN, CUZ YOU JUST DID THAT BURNOUT IN FRONT OF TWO C.H.P. COPS; DIDN'T YOU SEE THEM??!!"

I just smiled and thanked him for the head's up and got on the freeway....

Ahh, It's like it just happened yesterday. Oh yea it was yesterday.

I was letting my friend drive my car respectively on some back roads and we kept getting followed around by the people that live there.

We went to go leave the neighborhood and at the end of the street there was one cop waiting for us.

He flags us over to the side and two more cops come along. I'm only 15 (I'm waiting for the crap) and he was only 16 and it was scary.

The stupid me reaches for the glove box for the registration and he tells me if i reach for anything he will screw a bullet in the side of my head.

Turns out they thought we were the people who recently stole from houses in the neighborhood and we were given a field something or other.

What, there's no pickup trucks in Nashville? :hysterical3:

When the new Nashville police chief assumed his duties a few years ago he directed his department to crack down on the traffic law enforcement in the city. The story goes that he was disturbed that people were passing him as he drove down the Interstate from the airport, (I noticed that most drivers in Nashville drive like they're on the NSCAR circuit too when I moved down here). The problem is the poilce officers think the laws only apply to the citizens, and NOT to themselves, (most states allow for emergency vehicles to ignore traffic laws ONLY when they're operating emergency lights AND siren). I have not been able to drive on the same road as a Nashville poilice officer without watching them break at least one traffic law. But I get a ticket for changing lanes too quickly to suit the police officer. A woman I know got a ticket for not stopping "long enough" at a stop sign to suit the police officer. As a former police officer myself, I am VERY disturbed when I see crap like this going on, and it's why you'll see posts from me expressing my problems with corrupt city courts around this country. It's not just in Nashvlle that this crap happens.

Ahh, It's like it just happened yesterday. Oh yea it was yesterday.

I was letting my friend drive my car respectively on some back roads and we kept getting followed around by the people that live there.

We went to go leave the neighborhood and at the end of the street there was one cop waiting for us.

He flags us over to the side and two more cops come along. I'm only 15 (I'm waiting for the crap) and he was only 16 and it was scary.

The stupid me reaches for the glove box for the registration and he tells me if i reach for anything he will screw a bullet in the side of my head.

Turns out they thought we were the people who recently stole from houses in the neighborhood and we were given a field something or other.

They filled out a field interogation card out on you. It gives the beat officers in your area an information trail about who you are just in case a problem develops later in the area you were stopped at.

Alright, here's my story. Not a cop story, still a good story though. I was a cop wannabe lol

I found out GT-500 was coming out as a 07 in 2005. So, I did all the research possible. When the 07 finally came out, I didn't have the money to buy it so, I was a little bumed out about it. One afternoon, I was getting back to the office after lunch break and I heard thunder. Thunder.... Yeah right! I had a GT-500 in front of me!!! It was on a yellow light so he turned. I REALLY wanted to talk to him so, I took the red light and chased him down the street. At first he was a little unsure if he should stop or keep going. What would you do if you had a 20 year old screaming at you to pull over? LOL I was screaming at the guy to pull over that I needed to talk to him and I love his car. His wife looked terrified but, he was cool enough to pull over. So, again, I was screaming at this guy complimenting his car. He asked me: You want to steal it? I immediately toned down my voice and told him I been trying to buy one. So, we talked for a good 10 mins in some random parking lot. His wife didn't trust me one bit and kept pulling on his arm asking to leave. He seemed like he wanted to talk a littlle more but, I don't think he was too comfortable with the fact I pulled him over screaming lol. So, we said goodbye and they left. I'm 22 now and I've seen him in Costco and just driving around my office. Seen him in a Orange and a White GT-500. By the way, this is in Miami. So, if you recall a 20 year old guy pulling you over screaming, it was me! :hysterical: Sorry if I scared you, I was overcomed with emotion. Never seen a GT-500 on the move before. Just saw them at the car shows :woohoo:

Hope I get mine soon. Maybe some day I'll have a kid pull me over. I'll give him the best advice possible. If you want something, you gotta go for it. Make it happen! :petting:

When the new Nashville police chief assumed his duties a few years ago he directed his department to crack down on the traffic law enforcement in the city. The story goes that he was disturbed that people were passing him as he drove down the Interstate from the airport, (I noticed that most drivers in Nashville drive like they're on the NSCAR circuit too when I moved down here). The problem is the poilce officers think the laws only apply to the citizens, and NOT to themselves, (most states allow for emergency vehicles to ignore traffic laws ONLY when they're operating emergency lights AND siren). I have not been able to drive on the same road as a Nashville poilice officer without watching them break at least one traffic law. But I get a ticket for changing lanes too quickly to suit the police officer. A woman I know got a ticket for not stopping "long enough" at a stop sign to suit the police officer. As a former police officer myself, I am VERY disturbed when I see crap like this going on, and it's why you'll see posts from me expressing my problems with corrupt city courts around this country. It's not just in Nashvlle that this crap happens.

+1 well said snake doctor

Alright, here's my story. Not a cop story, still a good story though. I was a cop wannabe lol

I found out GT-500 was coming out as a 07 in 2005. So, I did all the research possible. When the 07 finally came out, I didn't have the money to buy it so, I was a little bumed out about it. One afternoon, I was getting back to the office after lunch break and I heard thunder. Thunder.... Yeah right! I had a GT-500 in front of me!!! It was on a yellow light so he turned. I REALLY wanted to talk to him so, I took the red light and chased him down the street. At first he was a little unsure if he should stop or keep going. What would you do if you had a 20 year old screaming at you to pull over? LOL I was screaming at the guy to pull over that I needed to talk to him and I love his car. His wife looked terrified but, he was cool enough to pull over. So, again, I was screaming at this guy complimenting his car. He asked me: You want to steal it? I immediately toned down my voice and told him I been trying to buy one. So, we talked for a good 10 mins in some random parking lot. His wife didn't trust me one bit and kept pulling on his arm asking to leave. He seemed like he wanted to talk a littlle more but, I don't think he was too comfortable with the fact I pulled him over screaming lol. So, we said goodbye and they left. I'm 22 now and I've seen him in Costco and just driving around my office. Seen him in a Orange and a White GT-500. By the way, this is in Miami. So, if you recall a 20 year old guy pulling you over screaming, it was me! :hysterical: Sorry if I scared you, I was overcomed with emotion. Never seen a GT-500 on the move before. Just saw them at the car shows :woohoo:

Hope I get mine soon. Maybe some day I'll have a kid pull me over. I'll give him the best advice possible. If you want something, you gotta go for it. Make it happen! :petting:

Nice one! With that type of passion for this car you will have your turn some day. I waited 25 years. Never owned a Mustang before because I have always been waiting for this one that I have now.

Couple of Stories: We just purchased our 2005 GT Mustang. Dealer installed plate “smoke” covers. Just mashed the gas and roared into town. Look up and right behind me was the Sheriff. Told my wife their punching us into the computer. She laughed and said you’re going to jail! The Sheriff followed us up main street and turned on the lights. Nowhere to pull over so pulled over at the police station.

The officers get out of the car with their hands on their pistols, Slowly walked to the car. Ask whether I was the owner of Car? I replied yes. Request License and registration. All the while the second officer had watch over the car. “Where was I to Run? Directly into the Police Station?”

Whole time I’m telling my wife that they’re going to handcuff me and walk me directly into the Police station. :angry22:

Officer came back and ask do you know why I pulled you over? I reply nope! “Whole time expecting because you where speeding” Officer replied – You have illegal license plate covers on your car and you must remove them now or it’s a 120 dollar fine.

I don’t have any tools in the car. Ok we’ll follow you home.

On the way home a young kid blew through a red light in front of us and the officer left to chase them.

I did remove the plate covers :superhero::superhero: :jackinbox:

6 weeks later the sheriff pulls me over again. Same reason. This time my wife made me remove the plate covers. :slapfight:

Cops are funny. They see you in a normal car, they bust you so fast you barely have time to think. They see you in a rare car, they just want to see it in action lol. Even if it means breaking the same laws they would arrest a normal driver for breaking.

I wasn't that lucky;

One month after I purchased my car I was driving a major road and made a right turn

from a stop onto a 3 lane roadway flat and straight with no traffic or pedestrians in

sight on a clear sunny day. Perfect I thaught time to nail this BEAST and TACH it up

to the limit...... :happy feet:

At 80+ MPH in 2nd gear close to red line :censored: I noticed a CHP on the other side

of the road :banghead: . Of coarse he tuned his lights on as I passed his location and

I pulled over and waited (all in less than .5mi) as he pulled up behind...............I thaught to

myself this car should have included a Radar Detector or I should have purchased one :finger: ........

First time I have been poled over in 10+ years...........

Anyway the officer seemed uptight and avoided conversation so I politely handed him

my lisc. and Dealer registration and he wrote me up for 78 Radar, and the posted limit is 40 :banghead: .....

Interesting that he cited me for CVC22350 which is "UNSAFE SPEED"for road conditions and no mention

in the code of a speed limit.........

Was going to do traffic school but 38 over the limit cancels that option.........

I decided to fight the ticket (381.00 fine) on law as I found this qualifies as a "SPEED TRAP"

since the Traffic&Engineering report does not support the speed limit and "SPEED TRAPS"

are ILLEGAL in California according to law.

So I wrote this up and lost on the Trial by Declaration and requested an in person trial

with basically the same Motions for Dissmissal. Funny that this whole prosses lasted over

9 months.

At the court before trial the officer showed up and he braught me to the side and offered to change

the CVC from 22350 to 22349 which is "OVER THE MAX" and the Judge would allow Traffic School

to keep the record clean and dismiss the charge......I was not sure about this and thaught I still

had a great chance to win but I chickened out in front of the Judge and took the deal................ :finger:

Walking out of the coart room I had a good conversation with the Officer and 2 of his partners

and they complimented me on my car and said they were jealous driving Crown Vics.......... :hysterical:

Good conversation with them and I thanked them for their service but also asked them to

:hysterical3: STOP RUNNING ILLEGAL SPEED TRAPS???????????????????

A freind of mine was going to Salt Lake City for HazMat training put on by the state. He was riding with an officer in a marked police car. The officer's main job was truck and DOT issues. Between Green River and Price (many miles of roads - no towns) the officer had his radar detector on. When they encountered a speeding car the officer would turn on his lights. If the driver slowed down but proceeded the officer turned off the lights and everyone kept driving to their destinations. If the speeder pulled over and stopped, the officer turned around and wrote them up.

If you pass an officer who turns on his lights you have no way of knowing whether it's for you or the officer just received and emergency call and is responding to that. So get back below the speed limit but don't stop unless he (or she) pulls in behind you. You may have some explaining to do, but if you're busted you're busted.

Last Thanksgiving my brother got married. He got married in our home town at my parents church because he and his wife are living in Louisiana. He had never driven one of my Shelby's so I told him he could have the SGT all weekend (it was to cold to drive the 500). Before he went to the church he took his future brother in-law for a ride. He gets out on the high-way and hammers it. He barley got up to 80 when he noticed a county deputy hiding be hind a van needless to say he got a nice ticket. The worst part was for the deputy. He told my brother that he saw me driving down the highway the day before to my parents house and was looking forward to pulling it over and giving who ever was driving a big ticket. The problem for the deputy was that my family is good friends with the Sheriff. Bill(the sheriff) told my dad that since it was my brothers wedding we could dive his or my cars as fast as we wanted as long as it was safe with no fear of being ticketed. When I told the sheriff at the wedding what had happened he told me that he would take care of the deputy. Latter that week my dad saw the deputy he apologized and told my dad that he had to work every holiday and nights for the next year. My brother still had to pay the ticket but the deputy got the short end of the stick LOL.

Do not get me wrong I do not think racing on public roads is safe but when you live out in BFE and there is no one else on the road I think you should be able to open them up a little. I do feel a little sorry for the cop but he did not have to be a azz.

ShelbyGT/GT500

We were hanging out at the local meeting place in Montreal for muscle cars and tuners when minding my own business the local police arrived. The officer asked who owned the alloy Shelby. I figured oh boy, here we go again, now what did I do wrong. I put my head inside the officer's vehicle when he said.... nice shelby, I own one too... but its getting supersnaked. The officer happens to be a member of this site. We talked for a good 45 minutes about our cars. He was down to earth with everyone there. As I was leaving the lot he gives me the sign to do a burn out... LOL ya right...200 cars in the lot if I start, it would'nt end. It was a pleasure meeting Alexandros.

Wayne

Marji and I were driving to Vegas for the grand opening of the Shelby Corner Cafe when we got pulled over. CHP officer says " your car is required to have a front license plate". I said yah, but doesn't it look cool without it. He laughed and said take care of it when you get home and let us go on our way. :happy feet:

Not more then 10 miles later, we got nailed again. :banghead: I think damn, is this what it's going to be like on this trip. The officer says " do you know why I pulled you over?. I said because of no front plate. He laughed and said no sir, my buddy radioed ahead and told me to check out the great looking Shelby he just pulled over. :hysterical:

th_IMG_2331.jpg

Marji and I were driving to Vegas for the grand opening of the Shelby Corner Cafe when we got pulled over. CHP officer says " your car is required to have a front license plate". I said yah, but doesn't it look cool without it. He laughed and said take care of it when you get home and let us go on our way. :happy feet:

Not more then 10 miles later, we got nailed again. :banghead: I think damn, is this what it's going to be like on this trip. The officer says " do you know why I pulled you over?. I said because of no front plate. He laughed and said no sir, my buddy radioed ahead and told me to check out the great looking Shelby he just pulled over. :hysterical:

I went past a state trooper doing the speed limit (I know better than speeding in this car as it has STOP ME written on the side). He pulls out and turns on his lights. Problem is that he is about 1/2 mile behind me and stays there just barely creeping up, so I am not sure who is pulling over. Since I am puttering along in the right lane all the other cars pass me and by elimination he has to be after me (he is still 1/4 mile behind me). No clue what game he was playing? I pull over, he runs to the front and comes back and asks me where my front plate is. I tell him its in the trunk since I don't want to drill holes in a $2000 bumper. He says: "I can understand that." He tells me that I wasn't speeding. He tickets me and says: "Nice car." I'm thinking: "Thanks a-hole"

My wife calls in to find out what the fine is ($86). And the lady says: "What else (offense) is on the ticket?"

"Nothing."

"No other offense?"

"No."

"Speeding?"

"No."

"Hmmm. well..?"

I went past a state trooper doing the speed limit (I know better than speeding in this car as it has STOP ME written on the side). He pulls out and turns on his lights. Problem is that he is about 1/2 mile behind me and stays there just barely creeping up, so I am not sure who is pulling over. Since I am puttering along in the right lane all the other cars pass me and by elimination he has to be after me (he is still 1/4 mile behind me). No clue what game he was playing? I pull over, he runs to the front and comes back and asks me where my front plate is. I tell him its in the trunk since I don't want to drill holes in a $2000 bumper. He says: "I can understand that." He tells me that I wasn't speeding. He tickets me and says: "Nice car." I'm thinking: "Thanks a-hole"

My wife calls in to find out what the fine is ($86). And the lady says: "What else (offense) is on the ticket?"

"Nothing."

"No other offense?"

"No."

"Speeding?"

"No."

"Hmmm. well..?"

seems like this guy just wanted an excuse to pull you over to check out the car.

I have never been a good public speaker as of lately. Every where I go I am opening up the hood, showing off the supercharger and showing them the red devil interior. So far I think in the last month since I have bought the car every single day I have talked to some one about the power the looks I get. From the corner of my eyes I can see guys hitting their buddy on the shoulder and pointing to my car when I am stopped at a red light or just driving by. I love that so much thank you Shelby.

On my way home last week from a mustang meet I was pulled over by 2 cop cars. Both lights were flashing. Both sets of car police officers got out of their cars. I did not know what to expect. I was asked to step out of the car. So I did. I asked if there was a problem.

The older of the 4 cops asked to see if they can have a look at things. I was unaware that they only wanted to look at the enigine instead of searching for drugs. We talked they turned up the stereo and I even let one take her for a spin with me in the passenger seat.

Canadian cops are really not that bad after all. Ha ha.

"Nothing."

"No other offense?"

"No."

"Speeding?"

"No."

"Hmmm. well..?"

When I was a police officer we referred to minor infractions like this as "Chicken Shit" tickets, and those were reserved for assholes or supportive tickets for DWI cases. Most officers I knew wouldn't write them on their own.

But here's a cop story to learn from:

I was on duty when I pulled a woman over for speeding, (52 in a 40). She had a bad attitude during the stop, which wasn't unexpected, but it didn't affect my decision whether to write her the ticket or not. I was walking back to my car after giving her the ticket when she intentionally spun her tires so as to pelt me and my car with gravel from the shoulder of the highway. My buddy, (the most laid back, caring guy, to ever wear a uniform), was passing by while she did this. I calmly got back into my car and pulled her ass over again while my buddy made a U-turn to back me up. She said, "Why don't you just go do your *&%$ job!" I told her, "Ma'am, you're about to see me do just that!" While I was in my patrol car writing her for five more charges, (careless & imprudent driving, excessive acceleration, failure to signal a turn, not wearing a seatbelt, and inoperable break light), my "Laid-back buddy" was chewing her ass out for what she did, and how lucky she was that I didn't charge her with assault on a police officer too. I would've sworn he was about to pull her through the keyhole of her door! I'd never seen him that upset! Anyways, she earned herself 6 tickets that morning rather than one.

First, I will preface this story by telling you that i'm a retired LEO. Sometimes I get a pass and a few times haven't. Depends on ususal stuff, traffic conditions, mood and maturity of officer and degree of "offense".

A month after I got my '08 Vapor-blk stripe with blk/red interior I was coming home from a buddies place in Auburn Ca. West bound on I80 going thru Fairfield. Midday, light traffic. Group of sheep going 65. Boring! Dropped her into 3rd at 60 and went just up to the century mark. Cleared the herd and backed off. Shit!-CHP Beemer with lights flashing. Put on signals and pulled over. He was a little leary (cautious) and didn't get directly behind -stayed to left-until i stopped. Hands on wheel he walks up (rt side) and asks for my license. I hand him my lic and my retired LEO id. He is holding his radar unit (LIDAR) and says "why so fast" I see he is not angry! He turns the radar unit around to show me the readout-"93". I look at him and say " Is it broken?" He looks at me-and just starts to crack-up. I mean he is laughing so hard he has to step back. Then he says" lets see the motor" Few mins we talk and he says-" slow down a little". Normally their policy is to let the violator get into traffic first. Well, this kid (I had 20+ years on him) pops a wheelie getting back on the road. Hummm, so I get in behind him and light-em up. Still behind him, he shifts into 2nd and son-of -o bitch, he raises the front wheel again. Ok-I shift hard into 2nd and the rear steps out a little. He exits the next ramp (Travis) and I continue w/b with a grin on my face. Guess he couldn't wheelie in 3rd! :dance:

Last night i was back from our office in romeo MI (Where Niche engine plant is :spiteful:) , i was heading south and on the way i was sprinting from the traffic light to see in the rear view mirror the cop was right behind me....He followed me for a while and i thought that is it , am pulled over...but then he let go....his car had SHELBY POLICE on it, and i was in SHELBY town .....i think he cave me a break for my Shelby gt500, and my plate GO SHELBY...!!!

When I was a police officer we referred to minor infractions like this as "Chicken Shit" tickets, and those were reserved for assholes or supportive tickets for DWI cases. Most officers I knew wouldn't write them on their own.

I was very respectful and polite to the officer. The only issue was that it took me a while to find the registration as I don't regularly drive that car.

I always run into these kind of things. I got a ticket in NC once from the local deputy sheriff who claimed I was doing 70 in a 55 as he came towards me in the opposite direction around a curve. I was doing 63 (as soon as I saw him coming around the curve towards me - I looked at the speedometer), but I figured his cousin was probably the local judge so I didn't contest it.

Another time, me and a friend were driving in NC along another back road. He had wanted to stop and look at something, but I told him no because if I stop, a cop will show up within a minute or two and hassle me. It became night and as it was a back road with absolutely no lights and no traffic, I stopped so we could hop out and take a look at Halley's comet which was in the sky at the time. Litterally within 30 seconds deputy Bubba and deputy Jim Bob appear out of nowhere. To this day I have absolutely no idea where they came from. Bubba shines his big flashlight in my face and asks me: "Whatya doin stopped heer?" I tell that we stopped to look at the comet. He turns around and shines his big flashlight at the sky! Me and friend get back in the car and he says: "I see what you mean."

Archived