TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My SS is Home

aobrien

Well,

The wait was worth it. I picked up my SS on Monday, long trip home to Canada but made it with no real issues. I would like to thank, Bud (aka Santa), Adrianne, Cynthia, Brain and everyone who worked on my car or made it happen. Big Thanks! Even though I have been to SAI before going back to pick up the car was really special. Everyone was so helpful, I had a blast! I took my 17 year old son with me, he was amazed at all the excitement around cars and the number of people taking the tour and pictures of my car. This is truly something he will always remember, that and I let him drive it around the block when we got home. He won't see those keys for a long time.

While we were there I saw at least 7 car haulers full of KRs arriving, very cool to see so many in one place. I saw a couple of Red GT500s verts arrive for conversion, from Colorado (I think).

I know the rule is to post pictures, but these are all I have so far. I will post more after it is all cleaned up.

My car waiting at SAI

IMG_0513-1.jpg

Some Bling from Polished Kenny Bell!

IMG_0515-1.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

My son with the car

IMG_0512.jpg

KRs arriving

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS to you sir! You've been waiting a long time for this day. May you have many, many, years of happiness with your car, and welcome to the SS brotherhood!

Just make sure that you have PLENTY of laterial space around the car when you stomp the pedal down to the floor for the first time!

Congrats on the SS. They are great cars. I hope you were able to read my instructions on how to post pictures! If not, you did a good job figuring it out!!

The black with polished S/C is a great combo.

michael morris

Michael, Your Instructions were great thanks.

Al

Congrats on the car! That is a great look. How much of your hair turned grey when your son was driving? I'll bet he hasn't stopped smiling; hide the keys well!

I was hoping we'd meet next week, when I pick up my completed 40th on Tuesday. But I'm glad you got your car. Maybe we'll get together in the Okanagan sometime, it sort of half way... Have fun!

Congrats on the car! That is a great look. How much of your hair turned grey when your son was driving? I'll bet he hasn't stopped smiling; hide the keys well!

I was hoping we'd meet next week, when I pick up my completed 40th on Tuesday. But I'm glad you got your car. Maybe we'll get together in the Okanagan sometime, it sort of half way... Have fun!

It would have been great to meet you, to bad we were a week apart. In fact I did get a few grey hairs as it got it a little loose once when he was driving it. :censored::redcard::angry22::talkhand::hysterical:

I live in the Okanagan so if your every in the area lets try to get together.

Al

It would have been great to meet you, to bad we were a week apart. In fact I did get a few grey hairs as it got it a little loose once when he was driving it. :censored::redcard::angry22::talkhand::hysterical:

I live in the Okanagan so if your every in the area lets try to get together.

Al

My wife and I were out there twice last year for some golf. Nice trips in the convertible, when it wasn't too hot... I'm sure we'll be back for more pain and punishment (from golf, not the heat :hysterical: )

My wife and I were out there twice last year for some golf. Nice trips in the convertible, when it wasn't too hot... I'm sure we'll be back for more pain and punishment (from golf, not the heat :hysterical: )

Just PM me if your headed this way.

Al

Awesome, totally fantastic. The black looks great.

P.s i cant believe you let your 17 year old son drive it around the block !!!!!

My eldest son is also 17, and i have said to him he can drive it when he is 30 !!! maybe 25 hahaha

He is gagging to have a go. Maybe sometime out of town when the conversion is done (maybe !!!).

Awesome, totally fantastic. The black looks great.

P.s i cant believe you let your 17 year old son drive it around the block !!!!!

My eldest son is also 17, and i have said to him he can drive it when he is 30 !!! maybe 25 hahaha

He is gagging to have a go. Maybe sometime out of town when the conversion is done (maybe !!!).

Thanks, Black looks great but it is a career. :hysterical:

Yeah I didn't think I would ever let my son drive it, but since he spent 5 days in the truck with me to pick it up, I caved in. He may not see those keys till he is 40 but he can always say he got to drive a SS side ways.... :hysterical: Well only one small fish tail.

Al

I let my wife drive the SS once. It scared here just a bit. Now shes not interested anymore!!

michael morris

Your brave. My wife would scare me more than she would be scared. Talk about going grey fast, that would do it for me. :hysterical:

Awesome car!!! This must be the first one so far in Canada. When the first announced it, I wasn't sure about black on black. As it turned out, it's one great looking color combo. Suits this car very well. Congrats and thanks for the pics!

Awesome car!!! This must be the first one so far in Canada. When the first announced it, I wasn't sure about black on black. As it turned out, it's one great looking color combo. Suits this car very well. Congrats and thanks for the pics!

Thanks,

Not sure if it is the first in Canada or not. I heard there were some 40ths with performance upgrades already here. It certainly is an early one. It draws attention, thumbs up from other drivers, people coming around it when I fill up, stares when you drive by. Had two older stangs want to race me and I have only driven it three times since I got it home last week. :hysterical:

Al

Thanks,

Not sure if it is the first in Canada or not. I heard there were some 40ths with performance upgrades already here. It certainly is an early one. It draws attention, thumbs up from other drivers, people coming around it when I fill up, stares when you drive by. Had two older stangs want to race me and I have only driven it three times since I got it home last week. :hysterical:

Al

If you get a chance smokem all....

Thanks,

Al

YAYAYAYAY!! Congrats Mr. O'Brien :) I am happy for you and it definately was a pleasure to meet you!!

:happy feet:

Archived