TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR #0009 in SoCal

MY500SS

$35655 for the package. An 80% upcharge, how crazy is that?

They will sell everyone of these and you can take that to the bank.

I agree about the price, but a big factor in that is your are paying for the exclusivity of this unit as well as all of the engineering, testing, etc.

With only 1700 units being produced that is why these costs are greater as the costs are being spread out thru only 1,700 cars.

When you have 50,000 cars produced of course the cost would be less, and so would the rarity that goes along with such a limited number production car.

I wish it had the six piston brakes and cross drilled rotors along with the 20" rims included in the price, but it is what it is, and in my opinion it is one hell of an automobile, well done.

The only thing that I did not understand was the mark up in the fuel surcharge.

I hate to bash this car but I'm extremely disappointed. ... wheels, spoiler, color and hood alignment :barf: Don't get me wrong I'd take it if someone was giving it away ... I would just have to upgrade to Alcoa 20's and live with the rest.

Going with 20's would be a downgrade not an upgrade performance wise.

Going with 20's would be a downgrade not an upgrade performance wise.

To each his own but I look for a balance of performance and appearance and IMO those stock wheels are hideous! Personally I would be willing to sacrifice the minor performance "downgrade" by going with 20's.

On a side note I don't have $100K+ laying around I can spend on another car so I guess this is a mute point :hysterical:

To each his own but I look for a balance of performance and appearance and IMO those stock wheels are hideous! Personally I would be willing to sacrifice the minor performance "downgrade" by going with 20's.

On a side note I don't have $100K+ laying around I can spend on another car so I guess this is a mute point :hysterical:

We shall see and only time will tell, as for me, giddy up and deliver mine as I am NOT buying it as a garage queen with any hopes of apprieciation, yes, it is pricey but have you looked at a gallon of milk lately, or the admission to a damn movie, everything is going up except our wages, for the most part, even if it does NOT go up in value I am fine with that as I am buying this simply becuase I like the car and I won't be driving past one on every corner.

If it deprieciates thus is life.

I take it no "real' hopes of you sobering up or my seeing the King during my trip there the 16th through the 20th?

It depends on what King you want see.

If its the KR, my guess is I will have moved on from booze and started putting things up my nose by then. :angry22:

Archived