TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great. Time to get the Shelby painted...someone scratched it to hell and back.

CRQuarto

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about your misfortune.

A few years ago, i had something similar happen to me. At 2:30am, some kids decided to damage my daily driver that was parked in the street in front of my house. Unfortunately for them, they weren't quick enough in their escape and i caught all 3. Must have been a sight with me standing there in my boxers. Anyway, one kid did the damage and was taken away in handcuffs. I got to have a lil' chat with the parents of all 3 kids the following day. I got $$$ for the damages and i haven't seen those kids since.

BTW, they didn't target me, it was just an opportune time for them to cause some mischief. I wasn't even mad over the damage because i caught them. Had they got away with it, i'd always be wondering who did it and why.

Sorry about your misfortune.

A few years ago, i had something similar happen to me. At 2:30am, some kids decided to damage my daily driver that was parked in the street in front of my house. Unfortunately for them, they weren't quick enough in their escape and i caught all 3. Must have been a sight with me standing there in my boxers. Anyway, one kid did the damage and was taken away in handcuffs. I got to have a lil' chat with the parents of all 3 kids the following day. I got $$$ for the damages and i haven't seen those kids since.

BTW, they didn't target me, it was just an opportune time for them to cause some mischief. I wasn't even mad over the damage because i caught them. Had they got away with it, i'd always be wondering who did it and why.

Good to know you caught the little creeps. Good deal! :)

Well, the car went into the shop yesterday, now it is just a waiting game, waiting for the adjuster from the insurance, waiting for them to OK the repairs, waiting for them to start painting the car, waiting waiting waiting...I MISS MY DAMN CAR ALREADY! :banghead:

Well, the car went into the shop yesterday, now it is just a waiting game, waiting for the adjuster from the insurance, waiting for them to OK the repairs, waiting for them to start painting the car, waiting waiting waiting...I MISS MY DAMN CAR ALREADY! :banghead:

Since it is there are they able to do the under tray grabber way?

Hopefully they get it taken care of for you quickly. Look at it this way - yer saving gas :)

Sorry - that was a bad one huh :)

Page

Hopefully they get it taken care of for you quickly. Look at it this way - yer saving gas :)

Sorry - that was a bad one huh :)

Page

Hehe, nah, not at all. Though it is true, I am saving a buttload in gas money :P I'll have to make up for it when I get the car back.

Just read this whole thread, it has really struck a nerve with all of us here . This is the kind of thing many of us worry about when we take our cars out and park them anywhere in public. I feel your pain.

Glad you found a great shop that takes pride in their work and cares about special cars like this. Hope everything works out to your satisfaction.

Are you going to have the stripes painted on while it's there getting painted ?

All the best ,

George......

It looks like it was keyed. That sucks

The only scratches I have on mine are some very light swirl from my cat, and what the mechanics at the dealer do to it around the

driver door handle. Pricks. :censored:

I don't even let people touch my car let alone lean on it due to the dust that will scratch the car no matter how good looking the wench might be. My wife thinks I am nuts. I tell wife can lean on it with her fluffy Maw Maw Moo Moo style night gown or naked while I wash and wax it. :D

She passes. :(

We have a new home and car security about to open down here in Texas.

It's called The Friendly Neighbor Security Company by ED HORN.

It's a great incentive not steal or vandalize if someone's life ACTUALLY depends on it.

When my McLaren Mustang was keyed, it was on purpose. The girl thought I had something to do with her drug dealing boyfriend arrest in a club for starting a fight. Funny part about it, keying it brought it under vandalism, which had a very low deductible. So they buffed out the scratches and then fixed a couple other things. I actually came out ahead, then the next time I saw the couple at the club my friend owns, three police made the girl come up and apologize. I thanked her for the all the fixes to my car, then one cop said that HE was the one that called for the arrest. I had nothing to do with it. You should have seen her face. I just smiled.

Several noted jealousy as motive but up here I worry about the "environmentalist" haters. I have received a few snide comments while at the gas station about fuel consumption.

Several noted jealousy as motive but up here I worry about the "environmentalist" haters. I have received a few snide comments while at the gas station about fuel consumption.

Sheesh, what morons. Uneducated people are what is ruining this country and the economy. Next time ask them if they ride bikes or ricshaws, and if they say no, remind them of how much garbage their cars contribute with all the rubber and plastic in them.

As for the Grabberized rear end, I won't be doing it right now, but I tagged the thread for later use, it does look very clean.

Hey Enis :) As you know from my PM, repairs are on schedule and the shop is taking care of me.

One little thing I left out for you all....I didn't post it before because I was so sick to my stomach...again...that I didn't want to think of it. Two days after my car was keyed, I was at a grocery store and someone backed into it and drove off. I didn't see it, and no note. Is this world full of assholes or something?

So yeah...two claims in a week on my baby. The shop was freaking out too because when they tried to order a new drivers side quarter panel (it was crunched by whoever backed into it....luckily all this damage has been on one side, sheesh), Ford told them there was a 6 month back order on it. Luckily they found one in another state and ordered it for me. The car should be done in a week and a half starting monday. I might get my mirrors painted while I am at it, but I dunno. Either way, Jason from 281 set me up with a great shop. These guys call me every day giving me updates, and they haven't even started the car yet. They care about me and the car, which makes me really happy. The owner said he works on a lot of lambos and ferraris, but seeing a car like this is worse ;)

Unbelievable! Some people are just plain jerkwads. :censored:

Sorry to hear about your crunched quarter panel.

I wish you better luck once you get your car back.

Thanks Rob :) I think it was just a crappy week is all. At least when I get it back, not only will it look good as new, I will appreciate it that much more (if that is possible!).

Curiously, how difficult was it for you to climb under your car and clean up all that rust, as was mentioned in your post about it? Did using the rhino ramps help, in conjunction with the jack stands?

Thanks Rob :) I think it was just a crappy week is all. At least when I get it back, not only will it look good as new, I will appreciate it that much more (if that is possible!).

Curiously, how difficult was it for you to climb under your car and clean up all that rust, as was mentioned in your post about it? Did using the rhino ramps help, in conjunction with the jack stands?

The rust clean up was not that bad of a job. All the instructions for the job are in my rust thread. Read it again, before you undertake the job. Tips on jacking and covdering the car to protect it from overspray are all in there. You can do the job in a couple of evenings, and then throw the tires back on.

The rust clean up was not that bad of a job. All the instructions for the job are in my rust thread. Read it again, before you undertake the job. Tips on jacking and covdering the car to protect it from overspray are all in there. You can do the job in a couple of evenings, and then throw the tires back on.

Thanks Rob! Looks like I will have to save this for a weekend when I don't need to drive anywhere :)

Hey Enis :) As you know from my PM, repairs are on schedule and the shop is taking care of me.

One little thing I left out for you all....I didn't post it before because I was so sick to my stomach...again...that I didn't want to think of it. Two days after my car was keyed, I was at a grocery store and someone backed into it and drove off. I didn't see it, and no note. Is this world full of assholes or something?

So yeah...two claims in a week on my baby. The shop was freaking out too because when they tried to order a new drivers side quarter panel (it was crunched by whoever backed into it....luckily all this damage has been on one side, sheesh), Ford told them there was a 6 month back order on it. Luckily they found one in another state and ordered it for me. The car should be done in a week and a half starting monday. I might get my mirrors painted while I am at it, but I dunno. Either way, Jason from 281 set me up with a great shop. These guys call me every day giving me updates, and they haven't even started the car yet. They care about me and the car, which makes me really happy. The owner said he works on a lot of lambos and ferraris, but seeing a car like this is worse ;)

UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!

Hope your luck changes for the better CRQuarto

Sweeeeeet :happy feet:

Car will be done either Monday or Tuesday, it would have been done today, but they are waiting for the racing stripes to come in. I also got the estimate in the mail for the damage....."drumroll": just a hair under $10,000. Man, I hope I find out who did this crap so I can nail them for felony vandalism.

Whatever, I just want my car back!

Car will be done either Monday or Tuesday, it would have been done today, but they are waiting for the racing stripes to come in. I also got the estimate in the mail for the damage....."drumroll": just a hair under $10,000. Man, I hope I find out who did this crap so I can nail them for felony vandalism.

I'm happy it's working out. Are they actually investigating it, or just letting the report stand as is?

Sheeeesh! Sorry to hear you go through all this. I have been following the thread and it does make me wonder about parking my car in public areas. Luckily, no dings or scratches yet. I hope your baby comes back soon.

I'm happy it's working out. Are they actually investigating it, or just letting the report stand as is?

Well, at the moment it is simply a "whodunnit" report. There are no cameras in the structure, and no witnesses. Another car was keyed in the structure this week, a Lexus, and I am going to bill the department for my deductibles, as the parking structure is supposed to be a secure area and have security guards that walk it to prevent this. Maybe if they keep getting billed for $500 deductibles every time someone keys a car, they will do something about it. In the meantime, I am going to get a car cover and just pray that they leave it alone.

Thanks for the kind words idrathergolf, its a damn shame we have to be afraid of crap like this :(

Archived