TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great. Time to get the Shelby painted...someone scratched it to hell and back.

CRQuarto

This is one kind of atrocity that I wished this country still followed the laws of the old West when someone was caught having stolen someone else's horse....instant hanging....in my books malicious intent against another person's car amounts to the same thing and warrants the same kind of punishment.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For crying out loud, what have we become. I can't belive that some knucklehead thinks he is cute by keying a very rare car because he is some slug meister or in Bill's vehacular, a scum bag, that will never have the chance to own something this nice. There is some good news however, the supreme court affirmed today our rights to keep and bear arms to protect our lives, homes, and property. (in DC anyway) We've never had that problem in Texas. A simple permit and you are set to carry. It seems like a fair trade off to me, a door shot for a leg shot. O giess this would not happen again once the word gets out. It's amazing how the crooks have their own network for places to hit and those to avoid. I have zeor tolerance for this dype of behavior.

Sorry for what happend to you. I really do hope that you can find the person who did it. The exact same thing happend to me many years ago when I was in college. Someone had scratched both driver's side doors as well as the trunk of my car with a key. My car was only a couple months old then. Some people really have no respect for the property of others.

For crying out loud, what have we become. I can't belive that some knucklehead thinks he is cute by keying a very rare car because he is some slug meister or in Bill's vehacular, a scum bag, that will never have the chance to own something this nice. There is some good news however, the supreme court affirmed today our rights to keep and bear arms to protect our lives, homes, and property. (in DC anyway) We've never had that problem in Texas. A simple permit and you are set to carry. It seems like a fair trade off to me, a door shot for a leg shot. O giess this would not happen again once the word gets out. It's amazing how the crooks have their own network for places to hit and those to avoid. I have zeor tolerance for this dype of behavior.

Yeah, in addition, they just voted down capital punishment against a dirt bag who rapes a child. Our Supreme Court sucks (in that respect). The judges should be voted in, not appointed for life.

That's one of my biggest fears about getting a GT-500. I'm 22 so I got young haters looking at me over their shoulders constantly. If I was lets say 40 or something. They'll just be like: Its just another guy with a nice car. Since I'm young they'll be like: Look at this kid with that insane car! We all got Honda Civics and he's got some crazy Mustang that we don't even know the name of. Lets go mess it up hahaha.

If I buy this car, I won't have the money to fix it up for many many years and it will kill me if someone messes it up just out of envy. I been saving up for it since 2005 and I finally got enough to get one for 2009. Last thing I need is to start painting it and fixing broken windows or dents cause by there moron kids trying to be cool. Gotta admit though, life is a bit fair. That's why I'll be driving the Legendary Shelby GT-500 and they got their Civics and Scions! I would never mess with someone like that. They got no right and no real purpose to mess with other.

My friend got a nice SS Silverado. It's got a nice red color to it. It's a little dropped, gots huge tires (whide) and sounds like a damn boat. Beautiful truck. Every time we go to a parking lot or vallet hes so uneasy. He's caught a vallet guys flooring it on a corner and tearing up the asphalt on a straight away. And countless people have done countless BS to his baby. Some dude stuck a watter bottle in his muffler... He turns it on and that shit shot out like a bullet with a huge poping noise. We play paintball and other players would shoot his truck when we werent around. And the worse is when all these morons find him on the highway and cut him off just to provoke him to race. THERE IS NO NEED TO CUT SOMEONE OFF!!! If your dumb ass hits the tip of the car, you're both screwed!

So yea, it's a bit hard on the heart and wallet to have a car that stand out. Especially one that's just plain rare. I'm gonna put some sort of electricall shield around mine! Shock all them bitches before they even get the idea to be slick! :rip: :beatdeadhorse: :shades:

That's one of my biggest fears about getting a GT-500. I'm 22 so I got young haters looking at me over their shoulders constantly. If I was lets say 40 or something. They'll just be like: Its just another guy with a nice car. Since I'm young they'll be like: Look at this kid with that insane car! We all got Honda Civics and he's got some crazy Mustang that we don't even know the name of. Lets go mess it up hahaha.

If I buy this car, I won't have the money to fix it up for many many years and it will kill me if someone messes it up just out of envy. I been saving up for it since 2005 and I finally got enough to get one for 2009. Last thing I need is to start painting it and fixing broken windows or dents cause by there moron kids trying to be cool. Gotta admit though, life is a bit fair. That's why I'll be driving the Legendary Shelby GT-500 and they got their Civics and Scions! I would never mess with someone like that. They got no right and no real purpose to mess with other.

My friend got a nice SS Silverado. It's got a nice red color to it. It's a little dropped, gots huge tires (whide) and sounds like a damn boat. Beautiful truck. Every time we go to a parking lot or vallet hes so uneasy. He's caught a vallet guys flooring it on a corner and tearing up the asphalt on a straight away. And countless people have done countless BS to his baby. Some dude stuck a watter bottle in his muffler... He turns it on and that shit shot out like a bullet with a huge poping noise. We play paintball and other players would shoot his truck when we werent around. And the worse is when all these morons find him on the highway and cut him off just to provoke him to race. THERE IS NO NEED TO CUT SOMEONE OFF!!! If your dumb ass hits the tip of the car, you're both screwed!

So yea, it's a bit hard on the heart and wallet to have a car that stand out. Especially one that's just plain rare. I'm gonna put some sort of electricall shield around mine! Shock all them bitches before they even get the idea to be slick! :rip: :beatdeadhorse: :shades:

I'ts a sad world we live in Froz, sounds like you have your head screwed on right, go out and buy the Shelby don't let some punk azz stop you from your dreams, all the luck with it bud. :)

Charles:

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. It's not just paint scratching you have to look out for. You also have to worry about some %#)(*& putting crap into your gas tank. That's why I bought a locking gas cap; not just because of the cost of gas. I suggest that everyone cover that base too.

Charles:

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. It's not just paint scratching you have to look out for. You also have to worry about some %#)(*& putting crap into your gas tank. That's why I bought a locking gas cap; not just because of the cost of gas. I suggest that everyone cover that base too.

Good advice SD.

Just read this post, and I'm very sorry you had this happen. No one should ever have to go through this.

Two years ago someone keyed "bitch" across the driver's door of my F-150. Big letters,covered the whole door. It didn't go into the metal and I was amazed a body shop was able to buff it out, although some swirl marks remain.

I hope you catch the jerk that did this! Makes me want to leave my Shelby at home!

Keep us posted on the repairs.

CC

I'ts a sad world we live in Froz, sounds like you have your head screwed on right, go out and buy the Shelby don't let some punk azz stop you from your dreams, all the luck with it bud. :)

I appreciate that man. I'm sure as hell going for it. I can let these dream killers kill my car's esteem or use my drive as the steam to power my dream!

lol :grouphug:

Well, Jason from 281 Motorsports is coming through for me again. He hooked me up with an amazing paint shop, in fact, the name of the shop alone should please you guys: Newport Shelby Cobras. The guy who helped me was very passionate about how hard they are going to work to get the car looking BETTER than factory paint, and making sure it is perfect and to my expectations. The beast will ride again soon, the adjuster from my insurance is coming out next week to the shop to check out the car, so by next weekend at the latest they will start working on it.

Well, Jason from 281 Motorsports is coming through for me again. He hooked me up with an amazing paint shop, in fact, the name of the shop alone should please you guys: Newport Shelby Cobras. The guy who helped me was very passionate about how hard they are going to work to get the car looking BETTER than factory paint, and making sure it is perfect and to my expectations. The beast will ride again soon, the adjuster from my insurance is coming out next week to the shop to check out the car, so by next weekend at the latest they will start working on it.

I could never let my GT500 sit anywhere that I couldn't see it. I suggest using your mod money to buy a beater to sit out in the work parking lot, it's really a good feeling not having to worry about who you park next to or where you are parked.

I'm glad you found a good paint shop and hope you catch the SOB that keyed your car.

This makes me sick to my stomach as well and I can't imagine the feeling you must have had walking up to your car and seeing this!!

Stories and pictures like this remind me why I do not and will not drive the car anywhere and leave it parked while out of my sight. I'm even afraid to leave it unattended at shows because some people and their kids will inevitably lean up against it and leave a nice scratch from a zipper.

I went into a part time job I have (for fun) this morning and drove the car thinking I could trust the guys I work with there. Some mental midget comes and parks directly behind me in his early 90's suburban and leaves about 3 inches between his bumper and mine. Then thought it would be funny to leave my wiper blades sticking up for some reason. I didn't notice this until a few minutes after it happened and walked right up to him and let him know I didn't want to go to jail for assault today.

It amazes me how jealousy will get the better of people and make them act like children. Now I'm wondering if I can even drive the car anywhere unless it is just for a cruise with the start and end points being my garage. Even cruises aren't that safe anymore because someone will always end up tailgating me about a foot from my bumper to try and incite some anger. When this happens I usually just coast down to about 5 mph...then when they realize I am about to stop and woop them they change lanes and take off as fast as possible.

The good with these cars comes with bad unfortunately.

I have an idea that you may benefit from. After getting the adjustment from insurance and every thing is ok to go with painting why not trying to work on the scratch/gouge as per this link if that great body shop is ok with that, ...if something goes wrong it will painted any way and if not then great you will be able to fix those scratches without going through the whole painting thing...i thought that could be something good coming from this ordeal.....at any rate i hope there will be a pleasant ending to bad experience ..wish you all the luck and please keep us posted.

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/70028-...5-56k-owie.html

So, I am coming out of work today, and I walk into our parking structure we have. I walk upstairs, and over to my car, and of course, immediately notice this crap:

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

Wow. No note, nothing. I can tell exactly what did it too...someone had a duffel bag over their shoulder, and drug it across the side. I REALLY hope it wasn't someone I work with. This gouge goes all the way to metal on the door, and stretches from the front fender, all the way back to the rear quarter panel and ends at the wheel well. I am sick to my friggen stomach, I had just worked 20 hours of overtime this past week to pay for a bunch of mods I had planned, and instead I get to spend $500 chunk of it on my insurance deductible to get this fixed. Guess I will be calling GAS up to see if their body shop will take me...

At least if the person who had done it had left a note saying, "Hey I scratched your car I am sorry here is my phone number and name blah blah blah" I would honestly not have been mad, I would have just been bummed, but at least he person fessed up. It's crap like this that makes me REALLY pissed off. Honest people are few and far between now.

Your car is worth more with the original paint. I would not repaint the car! Have only the panels that can not be buffed out or cleared again repainted. Factory paint is more desired 99% of the time. The only person that will tell you different is a person that stands to take some of your money. Who gives a Rats Ars if the insurance will paint the whole car, try to keep your original paint.

After your car is fixed are you going to continue to park it in that parking structure ?

Unfortunately, until I can scrape together enough cash to buy a beater, yes.

I know that original paint is worth more, ect ect, but honestly I never plan to sell this car. I had intended on wet sanding it and painting on the stripes some day anyways. Nearly the entire car needs to be blended at at this point according to several painters, so basically the only completely original paint would be the right door, fender, and quarter panel. I am not worried about it honestly, by the time this car will be worth anything as a collector, I probably won't care as I will still be driving it myself or my kids. I bought the car to enjoy, and I want it to look perfect, and so it will. I trust the shop I am taking it to, and they promise that the results will exceed my expectations.

At this point it is looking like I won't have to pay the deductible because it was vandalism, so hopefully I am still on track to order my 2.6" pulley, idler combo, exhaust, and getting it tuned.

Unfortunately, until I can scrape together enough cash to buy a beater, yes.

I know that original paint is worth more, ect ect, but honestly I never plan to sell this car. I had intended on wet sanding it and painting on the stripes some day anyways. Nearly the entire car needs to be blended at at this point according to several painters, so basically the only completely original paint would be the right door, fender, and quarter panel. I am not worried about it honestly, by the time this car will be worth anything as a collector, I probably won't care as I will still be driving it myself or my kids. I bought the car to enjoy, and I want it to look perfect, and so it will. I trust the shop I am taking it to, and they promise that the results will exceed my expectations.

At this point it is looking like I won't have to pay the deductible because it was vandalism, so hopefully I am still on track to order my 2.6" pulley, idler combo, exhaust, and getting it tuned.

Glad to hear your mods are still on schedule! Hope you can get in and get it repaired soon.

CC

Looks like it, and I'm sure it was.

Another guy posted over a year ago on hear where he parked way out in a parking lot away from everyone with not one car in site. To come out and find his antenea was broken off and car was keyed.

I myself has even gotten a few middle fingers while cruzin down the freeway from a few import drivers as they passed.

These incidents are from pure ignorance and jealousy, which is a bunch of :censored:

CR, I'm sorry that happened to you.

On the way home from the dealer some kid in an old pickup drove way over on to my side of the highway going head on. I came to a complete stop before he pulled back over, he was laughing his head off. I've been almost afraid to drive mine, let alone leave it alone in a parking lot. I've never had this problem before with a car before...I can hardly wait for the new Camaros to come out so someone else can have the attention.

CR, Sorry about your car.

On the way home from the dealer some kid in an old pickup drove way over on to my side of the highway going head on. I came to a complete stop before he pulled back over, he was laughing his head off. I've been almost afraid to drive mine, let alone leave it alone in a parking lot. I've never had this problem before with a car before...I can hardly wait for the new Camaros to come out so someone else can have the attention.

CR, Sorry about your car.

Sheesh, what a friggen creep, I would have chased his ass down and beat him stupid...wait, too late.

Archived