TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Dodge Outstanding Recalls

Below is a link to a Chrysler website where you can enter the last eight digits of your Shelby Dodge vin number and it will tell you if your car has any outstanding recalls. I've run some vins thru it that I know have and have not had recalls performed and while not 100% accurate was right on for some.

Keep in mind that if your car does come up with an open recall the odds are pretty slim that Chrysler can still perform the recall. Most recalls include replacing parts and these parts are long gone from Chryslers inventory.

IIRC most of the Whittier cars had a recall. Most of the 1987 cars were recalled for the rear disc brakes. The 1986 S car was recalled for a shift pattern decal and the 1987 S car was recalled for a horn button decal. The 1989 Dakota had a brake hose recall and a frame reinforcement recall.

There were other Whittier recalls but the ol memory isn't what it used to be. One of these days I'll dig out all the recall notices and post them.

Steve

Chrysler Recall Link

Well, wouldn't you know it....

It don't like my S car VIN...says it doesn't exist.

Why should this be any different than going to the part store... :lol:

Hmmm. I just tried six different 1986 S car vins and all came back as invalid. So I tried some 1985 and some 1984 vins. Same thing they too came up invalid.

So it looks like this recall info only applies to 1987 & newer cars.

Steve

Hmmm. I just tried six different 1986 S car vins and all came back as invalid. So I tried some 1985 and some 1984 vins. Same thing they too came up invalid.

Steve

My personal guess is Steve, they figure if we're crazy enough to drive around in a 20 year old mid 80's econo car that wasn't really made to last over 5 years..most of us wouldn't be too worried about a little o' recall.. :kuko:

My personal guess is Steve, they figure if we're crazy enough to drive around in a 20 year old mid 80's econo car that wasn't really made to last over 5 years..most of us wouldn't be too worried about a little o' recall.. :kuko:

Yup I'm guessing that they are using a 20 year cut off so I wouldn't be surprised if the 1987 cars start becoming "invalid" soon.

Steve

Archived