TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt500 vs. The Shelby GT article

ColdwaterHotrod

my question is why they had a 'vert with 2 coupes? makes now sense? of course its gonna be heavier and softer because its a 'vert. I just dont understand y they paired the coupe with a 'vert

I tend to agree but when you get invited to these drive events, you drive what they have. I would have preferred road testing a coupe myself in this comparison but they did not have one available out here.

BTW: 07SHEL, I like your avatar. I was at that photo shoot with David Newhardt when he shot that picture.

Excellent article!!!! :rockon:

This article just confirms for me that the car I want is the Shelby GT (Dons flame suit). It's more of the track car and the GT500 is the drag strip brute. Whats sweet is that the Shelby GT can be ordered with the FRPP supercharger which will give about 400 + rwhp in a car that is 350 lbs lighter than the GT500. Supposedly this will be with the full factory warranty. :woohoo: Plus you can add other Shelby licensed performance mods without hurting the registry of the car.

What I don't agree with is that the GT500 will be the more collectable car. No doubt it will collectable in it's own right, but fewer Shelby GT's will be made than the GT500 and they are modified at Shelby's facility. The Shelby GT also has the certification number and the dash plate. Little touches that should have been on the GT500 IMO.

Both cars are awesome machines and I love the GT500 and am not bashing it in any way. It clearly is the superior machine. For my taste, the Shelby GT just suites me better. :shift:

I would have to think that it is each individuals preferance as both cars are as they say a WINNER. Great article just the same.

Both cars are winners, I totally agree. Whats so awesome is the fact that we will be able to choose from the GT500, Shelby GT, Bullitt, and hopefully the Boss. It's a great time to be a Mustang enthusiast. :bandance:

Archived