TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No Boost

rheller

After several hundred miles on the odometer, it began to dawn on me that the supercharger has never kicked in (duh) on my 2008 coupe. And, yes, I have not driven the beast hard. Today, I took 95 north to Portland Maine and twice tached it to 5,000+, resulting in no supercharger and no movement on the PSI boost gauge. With that, I called my dealership service manager and made an appointment to bring it in next week. Of course, they want me to leave the car, which I have initially declined to do. I said I would wait. Is this a result of improper dealer prep after initial delivery?

Nada. No whine, no supercharger, no boost. Yeah, I got on it pretty good, so something is wrong.

So is the belt on the pulley is the pulley spinning? I mean its a pretty simple design so unless the pulley isn't attached to the screws it should whine.

So is the belt on the pulley is the pulley spinning? I mean its a pretty simple design so unless the pulley isn't attached to the screws it should whine.

Try disconnecting the battery for 5-10 min. and turn on the headlightswitch to fully drain any power in the car. then reconnect and try it. IIRC there is some kind mode that wont make boost. The service manager told me to do it first thing when I bought mine. Hopefully it helps.

sc engagement is a function of a couple of things; I would go on a highway, and in second gear at about 3k rpm floor it and see the reaction of the car and gauge. You should feel the car start to really take off after a second or two, and some whine (although muffled with the stock air cleaner) and you should see some boost after a few seconds. You do need to leave it floored for more than a couple of seconds though, so do it without other cars around. good luck

I will second what KCMO-GT500 has said. You mentioned that you took the engine to 5000 RPM, but you didn't mention if you were flooring it or not. Unlike less sophisticated superchargers of the past, ours does not develop boost all the time. There is a waste gate function that dumbs boost until the accelerator is in the last inch or so of throttle movement. By putting it in second gear and flooring it from about 40 mph you'll have about 3 seconds to read the boost gauge before you hit 80 and have to shift to 3rd. gear. Hopefully you'll find that every thing is fine.

thanks for going into more detail, I forgot to mention how quickly third and fourth gear come up :hysterical:

I am guessing that the OP is not a real aggressive driver (which is fine, probably a better trait than like I am :superhero: ) since he did not worry about the sc kicking in for this long. That was the first thing that I checked :o

:hysterical3:

After several hundred miles on the odometer, it began to dawn on me that the supercharger has never kicked in (duh) on my 2008 coupe. And, yes, I have not driven the beast hard. Today, I took 95 north to Portland Maine and twice tached it to 5,000+, resulting in no supercharger and no movement on the PSI boost gauge. With that, I called my dealership service manager and made an appointment to bring it in next week. Of course, they want me to leave the car, which I have initially declined to do. I said I would wait. Is this a result of improper dealer prep after initial delivery?

:headscratch: OK, let me get this straight....."the supercharger has never kicked in" :headscratch: Well, lets get to the bottom of this conundrum, maybe the Eaton is rusted shut??? no, no.... :nonono:... :headscratch: the dealer must have forgotten to remove the throttle stop from the bottom of the accelerator pedal...no, no, highly unlikely, part of the 40 point pre assembly inspection... :headscratch: MAN, what could it BE????? :idea: WAIT....I got it.... :poke::poke: Your dealer installed Mad Max shift lever mounted supercharger on off switch is stuck in the OFF position :doh:

I dont really mean to come off like a d!*%Head, but is this post really for real????? :hysterical::hysterical2: But on a serious note, your one and only problem is that you need to kick that mule in the guts!!! Wring that bitch out like a wet dish rag...Put it in first gear and "lay a big ole fat patch down brutha!!!!!"

AKA, drive it like Max would :rockon: NOT like your mother... :chairshot:

Visited my SVT Ford mechanic today and he checked out the beast. Bottom line is that he said there was no problemo with the car. The problemo is with the driver (that would be me). Yikes! That qualifies me as a wuss. Ok, I'll go pull out my Devo album "Are We Not Men" and flog myself a time or two.

Wow, i can't believe what i just read. I almost feel embarrassed for the OP.

Don't be scared to drive the car hard, that's what it was built for. You'll probably do more damage driving it like an old lady as opposed to beating on it.

Visited my SVT Ford mechanic today and he checked out the beast. Bottom line is that he said there was no problemo with the car. The problemo is with the driver (that would be me). Yikes! That qualifies me as a wuss. Ok, I'll go pull out my Devo album "Are We Not Men" and flog myself a time or two.

Where are you located? I ask cause you said "towards Portland Maine". I'm in the Manchester, NH area, come on out and I'll teach you how to get that blower goin' :happy feet:

thanks for letting us know how it turned out; don't feel bad, not everybody is a natural hot rodder, and the car really does have quite a bit of power even without the sc kicking in. Word of advice, full throttle at too low a speed can easily put you sideways, so be prepared, and try it out under various situations to get a good feel for using it to the full potential.

Where are you located? I ask cause you said "towards Portland Maine". I'm in the Manchester, NH area, come on out and I'll teach you how to get that blower goin' :happy feet:

I'm in the Dover/Rochester/Lee area. There is another red coupe in my town of Barrington. His is an 07. His plates read "07COBRA" while mine read "GT500." Ok, so he has more balls than I, but I plan on addressing that ASAP.

Archived