TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Comparison Road Track Test

ilmor

I love this R/T test but I am just as biased as the guys that performed the test..........

But don't think they will score many points here with their comments on Shelby/SVT?????????????

how come the ferrari's lap time is 1:48.167 which is faster, lags behind the GT500 1:52.402 lap time?

hmmm.... :redcard:

Last video says all..............the GT500 could not get any close to the red devil...........is that the reason for switching to the rear view cam?... :hysterical:

However i like the use of the left foot for the break while still doing throttle steering with the right.

However i like the use of the left foot for the break while still doing throttle steering with the right.

That is a fun way to drive when you get the hang of it...that used to be my autocross technique.

The result makes little sense...Faster car = 3rd place? What would happen after 10 laps when our cars are heat soaked?

Remember our impression of the GT500 vs Challenger comparison? The Shelby was better in nearly all categories but it lost. Same thing here only now the result is in our favor. Nonetheless, it seems inaccurate.

The result makes little sense...Faster car = 3rd place? What would happen after 10 laps when our cars are heat soaked?

Remember our impression of the GT500 vs Challenger comparison? The Shelby was better in nearly all categories but it lost. Same thing here only now the result is in our favor. Nonetheless, it seems inaccurate.

I would agree. Four second a lap is a substantial difference. However, I think there is a major difference between the two comparison tests. The GT500 vs Challenger was between cars that sell for a relatively similar amount and are aimed at the same crowd. With that in mind, which one performs the best should have been the determining factor in that comparison.

In this case however, while the Ferrari's performance advantage is indeed substantial, it's price disadvantage is absolutely HUGE. I guess the Ferrari didn't perform up to these guys expectations, considering its price and reputation, while the GT500, often criticized by the press, overachieved in their eyes.

Funny, biased and I am going to have to go run that track. That looks fun.

Ilmor. Thanks for the fun vid & article. It's about time the mag rags get off this solid axle BS. Ford racing and SVT has several race cars that win with this set-up.On the street SVT did a great job with a compromise to comfort. Add a few mods and you have one sombitch fast car. I got to see the Mustang Challenge @ Road Atlanta and those cars were very close to the SGT set-up. Well let me tell you they were fun to watch and sounded GREAT on the track.

I was hoping you GT500 guys would like it - glad you are. I wonder how the SGT would have fared in that test, probably not too shabby.

I would agree. Four second a lap is a substantial difference. However, I think there is a major difference between the two comparison tests. The GT500 vs Challenger was between cars that sell for a relatively similar amount and are aimed at the same crowd. With that in mind, which one performs the best should have been the determining factor in that comparison.

In this case however, while the Ferrari's performance advantage is indeed substantial, it's price disadvantage is absolutely HUGE. I guess the Ferrari didn't perform up to these guys expectations, considering its price and reputation, while the GT500, often criticized by the press, overachieved in their eyes.

AM not sure if it was the case in the last vid....seems like the red devil was on the loose........

I was hoping you GT500 guys would like it - glad you are. I wonder how the SGT would have fared in that test, probably not too shabby.

If you get a chance go see the Mustang Challenge those cars develope 325 HP . They are a real blast to drive and handle like a race car that they are.The specs are real close to the SGT.

If you get a chance go see the Mustang Challenge those cars develope 325 HP . They are a real blast to drive and handle like a race car that they are.The specs are real close to the SGT.

Yes, I know about them - I've been wanting to go to one of their races or at least see on tv!!!

Archived