TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Cover

Sudguy4

I noticed some of you purchased car covers with your Shelby when bought new. Was this bought as an accessory at the dealership, or did it come from the factory with a cover? I do not recall seeing one in the options list in the brochure I had.

Also, how does it compare to the ones for sale in the Shelby Performance Parts catalogue?

Thanks!

John :shift:

Don't think the brochure had it, but if you look at the Order Guide (all years are available online here) it is listed as an option for $375. From what I understand, its shipped to the dealer parts department and they throw it in the trunk from there, not actually shipped with the vehicle.

Believe its the same, if not close, to what SPP sells, but someone may have a better ruling on that.

</Shack>

It figures that would be left out of the brochure! :angry2: But, I went ahead and ordered one from Shelby Performance Parts (blue with silver stripes) which looks great against my Alloy GT500. I have to say that this is an extremely HIGH QUALITY car cover, and it was about $400.00. I don't think it was made by Scott Drake. I remember a little brochure coming with it. Nonethless, it comes with it's own Shelby embossed carrying bag.

If anyone is interested, I would highly recommend it if you were like me and did not know about the "factory" covers. This is a custom-fit, very unique car cover.

Thanks to all who responded.......what does the factory cover look like?

MY VERT DID NOT COME WITH THE SILVER SHELBY CAR COVER. I ORDERED ONE FROM THE FORD DEALER.

IDENTICAL TO MM'S - SILVER WITH BLACK LETTERING/COBRA LOGO. = CUSTOM FIT.

VERY NICE, FYI CAR COVER BAG IS ATTACHED WITH A HUGH COBRA LOGO. SEE MM'S REAR PIC. YOU CAN SEE THE COBRA THROUGH THE CLEAR PLASTIC REAR LICENSE PLATE AREA. COVER EASILY STORES IN THE TRUNK. NOT VERY BIG AT ALL - COMPRESSES VERY WELL.

$200 = SWEET PRICE.

OVERALL I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE COVER AND WOULD RECOMMEND. MY CAR IS BLACK, I LIVE IN AZ, THE CAR IS STORED IN MY GARAGE 99% OF THE TIME, KEEPS THE DUST OFF.

The attached bag is connected with straps in such a way that the bag fits inside the trunk when the cover is on the car, thus providing a lock for the cover. I did not know this when I had my first one as there were no instructions and no one here had mentioned it. My second one, purchased right after Mid America last year, came with instructions on using the trunk as a lock. I also have vinyl coated cables and locks under the car for this one. It's not growing legs like the first one....

Very nice, light, breathable and waterproof cover. Some kind of new technology fabric. MUCH less bulky than the evolution3 fabric the SAI covers are made of. Stuffs easily in its pretty small bag and takes up very little trunk space.

The attached bag is connected with straps in such a way that the bag fits inside the trunk when the cover is on the car, thus providing a lock for the cover.
So, you just shut the bag in the trunk. Hmmm....let's just hope you don't forget and keep pulling and pulling.

Stuffs easily in its pretty small bag and takes up very little trunk space.
I wedged mine right on top of the sub woofer in the trunk. Takes up no space.

So where can I get a cover for $200.., that's a great deal...

I have one of these:

Covercraft Car Cover Dustop/Techsoft

Made in the U.S., by Kimberly-Clark, this flannel-like fabric is a 4-layer non-woven composite, ultrasonically laminated to provide a high degree of dust protection during inside storage, while remaining breathable and soft against any fine paint finish. Maximum dust protection, yet it's lighter and easier to handle, compared to traditional woven fabrics.

I had the cobra imprinted on the front end. I used it a few times before I decided to buy the SVT cover.

$125 shipped to you.

I have one of these:

Covercraft Car Cover Dustop/Techsoft

Made in the U.S., by Kimberly-Clark, this flannel-like fabric is a 4-layer non-woven composite, ultrasonically laminated to provide a high degree of dust protection during inside storage, while remaining breathable and soft against any fine paint finish. Maximum dust protection, yet it's lighter and easier to handle, compared to traditional woven fabrics.

I had the cobra imprinted on the front end. I used it a few times before I decided to buy the SVT cover.

$125 shipped to you.

any pics?

• 1 month later...

I neeed some tips on cleaning my Shelby Cover. Reason being, our two cats think it's the place to lay. :banghead: Not bad yet. But if I can't keep them off of it, I'm sure it will get dirt ground into it. Should I just wash it off with a mild soap and water while its on the car? let it air dry?

I neeed some tips on cleaning my Shelby Cover. Reason being, our two cats think it's the place to lay. :banghead: Not bad yet. But if I can't keep them off of it, I'm sure it will get dirt ground into it. Should I just wash it off with a mild soap and water while its on the car? let it air dry?

That's a good Questions SC5.4! I'm actually getting ready to wash mine here around the first week in September...I'm planning on just throwing it in the washing machine, and drying accordingly. I will follow the instructions that came with it though.

I'll let you know how it comes out.

Sudguy4 :lurk:

That's a good Questions SC5.4! I'm actually getting ready to wash mine here around the first week in September...I'm planning on just throwing it in the washing machine, and drying accordingly. I will follow the instructions that came with it though.

I'll let you know how it comes out.

Sudguy4 :lurk:

I see you picked one up at Shelby Performance. Mine came with the car, and I can't find anything about cleaning the cover. That's with what little paperwork that came with it. May be the same material. Let me know how it works out in the wash. Thanks!

Archived