TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fuel Filler Door

Has anyone added the billet looking fuel door? Shelby or other? I like the look but have only seen them on Roush cars at the dealer. I am not sure if it will look too busy or complement my silver razors. Any pics out there?

I as far as I know, the Shelby logoed doors are not available yet. I have billet fuel doors on both cars. A natural brushed one on the orange car and polished on the white one. You can see the orange car's brushed fuel door in the signature picture below.

Has anyone added the billet looking fuel door? Shelby or other? I like the look but have only seen them on Roush cars at the dealer. I am not sure if it will look too busy or complement my silver razors. Any pics out there?

I got this one at Silver Horse Racing

Silver Horse Racing

Good Luck

Andrew

Mustang_Fuel_Door_4.jpg

Mustang_Fuel_Door_4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I as far as I know, the Shelby logoed doors are not available yet. I have billet fuel doors on both cars. A natural brushed one on the orange car and polished on the white one. You can see the orange car's brushed fuel door in the signature picture below.

I'm waiting impatiently for the Shelby logo'd one...I've seen it in a Mustang Magazine, asked SAI about it and they swear they'll have it by August...Still waiting...Still waiting...Still waiting...LOL :waiting:

Mine is a satin FRPP.

Matches my stripes. Easy install. Me likey.

Jer

Shelby1.jpg

Shelby1.jpg

I'm waiting impatiently for the Shelby logo'd one...I've seen it in a Mustang Magazine, asked SAI about it and they swear they'll have it by August...Still waiting...Still waiting...Still waiting...LOL :waiting:

I just saw it on the SPP Website. Cool, but is it REALLY $149???

Ouch.

Yes, I know: "This from a guy who bought the $250 floor mats...".

:fool:

Jer

Mine is a satin FRPP.

Matches my stripes. Easy install. Me likey.

Jer

post-12143-1215577369.jpg

Jer, your car looks great. I didn't think I'd like the satin finished fuel door on the SGT but it does look good. Tell me about your quarter window louvers. Which make and did you install them yourself?

Thanks

Jim

Jer, your car looks great. I didn't think I'd like the satin finished fuel door on the SGT but it does look good. Tell me about your quarter window louvers. Which make and did you install them yourself?

Thanks

Jim

Thanks!

I "installed" them myself (3M sticky tape, so very easy... just be sure to get it right the first time, or FUHGEDDABOUDIT... they'll never move!)

All my mods are reversible, in case I suddenly decide Ilmor's right. (not poking fun, there's a real fear in my mind when I do stuff to the car, this statement is pretty true!)

I like that they are louvered, that is, no decals stuck to them to APPEAR louvered - I wanted to retain visibility, which I did. The 3D Carbon ones, etc... didn't do it for me.

EDIT:

http://store.apexshoponline.com/info.html is where I got 'em, prepainted, for $189/pr.

Jer

Louver1.jpg

Louver2.jpg

Louver1.jpg

Louver2.jpg

Hey there,

I got the one on my Mach1 from a company called FuelDoors.com

They dont currently have them for the S197 body, but maybe if enough of you called and harrassed him he would make them. I know he has made ONE prototype for the S197 because I saw it at a customers shop. The doors are solid billet, and can have a remote control feature.

The one pictured below (on my Mach1) uses a special key of sorts to open it. The door pulls outwards away from the body of the car, and then pivots clockwise (while staying attached) to move out of the way of the fuel cap inside. The top picture is of the door closed (almost impossible to get into without the key - or the remote if you have that option). The bottom picture is of the fuel door open, and the splash guard pulled out (protects paint from fuel splash). The top picture is a link directly from the FuelDoors.com site. The bottom one is the door on my car :)

Hope this helps some

Page

pol_bru_combo2.jpg

FuelDoor3.jpg

I just saw it on the SPP Website. Cool, but is it REALLY $149???

Ouch.

Yes, I know: "This from a guy who bought the $250 floor mats...".

:fool:

Jer

Ha Ha...Yup, it's $149.00 but it looks pretty cool too! I'm gonna have to get me a paper route to pay for all the stuff I want!

Thanks!

I "installed" them myself (3M sticky tape, so very easy... just be sure to get it right the first time, or FUHGEDDABOUDIT... they'll never move!)

All my mods are reversible, in case I suddenly decide Ilmor's right. (not poking fun, there's a real fear in my mind when I do stuff to the car, this statement is pretty true!)

I like that they are louvered, that is, no decals stuck to them to APPEAR louvered - I wanted to retain visibility, which I did. The 3D Carbon ones, etc... didn't do it for me.

EDIT:

http://store.apexshoponline.com/info.html is where I got 'em, prepainted, for $189/pr.

Jer

post-12143-1215579804.jpg

post-12143-1215579817.jpg

Jer; do these just stick on the glass? What would you have to do to remove? Any outward vision reduction/issues?

I wish that Ford had designed a locking fuel door on all new Mustangs. At least the fuel fill is on the drivers side now. Kinda wish it had been located closer to the fuel tank and fill hose further from the exhaust system so that it wouldn't be so temperamental about filling tank when the car is hot. I can't imagine how the 2005 car was to fill before the fuel-fill-fuel tank redesign and update on 2006 to current models.

I had a FRPP fuel door i installed, never drove it with it on. (winter months) but it just seemed to detract from the overall appearance and different mods i was trying to accentuate.

Needless to say if it doesnt feel right ,it doesnt happen !! It really bothered me and tore my eyes straight to it. I put the stock one back on and all my stress melted away.

In my oppinion the stock door gives a much cleaner look and doesnt force everyone to think about you filling your car up with gas.

However i did sell it pretty fast on ebay !! guess they will have to find out for themselves.

Jer; do these just stick on the glass? What would you have to do to remove? Any outward vision reduction/issues?

They just stick on the glass, nothing to modify, excellent outward vision (which was a selling point for me)...

Jer

Archived