TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for CS6 Hood Owners

Here's the deal. After having my CS6 hood on my SGT - I noticed that when I have the vent on inside and turned all the way down to cold . . . . . I still get hot (warm) air coming into the cabin. Even when it's 'cool' outside (like in the 50s) . . . . . . .

I've been looking over the photos of other SGTs and figured it out. . . . . . the CS6 hood appears to completely cover the air inlet on the cowl.

So I'm getting all the warm air from under the hood coming into the cabin through the vents.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? OR Has anyone else run into this? :headscratch:

Trevor

Here's the deal. After having my CS6 hood on my SGT - I noticed that when I have the vent on inside and turned all the way down to cold . . . . . I still get hot (warm) air coming into the cabin. Even when it's 'cool' outside (like in the 50s) . . . . . . .

I've been looking over the photos of other SGTs and figured it out. . . . . . the CS6 hood appears to completely cover the air inlet on the cowl.

So I'm getting all the warm air from under the hood coming into the cabin through the vents.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? OR Has anyone else run into this? :headscratch:

Trevor

Trevor, I don't think it is anything attributed to the CS6 hood, but more of a Ford issue...I've always noticed it on my old 96GT and I've noticed it on my new SGT...the VENT just doesn't seem to actually pull cool air from outside...it's more of a design thing that pulls air from the engine compartment and it's always warmer than the outside ambient temperature for some reason...I just quit using the vent unless it's like 30 degrees or so outside...but that hardly ever happens out here in West Texas! Now where you live might be another thing all together!

I'll have to take a look at this over the weekend when I'm done with work. Maybe this filter that 07-2937 has mentioned is plugged up with debris or something. This would make sense. . . . not allowing any 'cool' air to get in. Once I get a chance to look into this, I'll post an update.

I may have some other questions by then! ;)

Archived