TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-500 Kill!

piperpilotduane

An 07 GT500 is the fastest most powerful Mustang Ford has ever built. If you have one, or are getting one, you're glad. If you don't have one, and aren't getting one, you wish you were. Period. End of story. See ya later.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest evilchris

the truth hurts sometimes

:poke:

I don't think it's the truth. I don't think we'll ever see one tearing up road courses.

An 07 GT500 is the fastest most powerful Mustang Ford has ever built. If you have one, or are getting one, you're glad. If you don't have one, and aren't getting one, you wish you were. Period. End of story. See ya later.

Does it really matter....the "Ford has ever built" part? I'd actually prfer a 93' Saleen SA-10 over a GT500, but 8 or 9 exist!

When you take a GT500 to the track and get smoked by 9 and 10 second Fox's from the late 80's, early 90's, just tell him "My GT500 is the fastest most powerful Mustang Ford has ever built. If you have one, or are getting one, you're glad. If you don't have one, and aren't getting one, you wish you were. Period. End of story. See ya later. " ROFL

Guys(and Gals if any), how many times do I have to say this:

1. Shelby Sux

2. The GT500 is garbage and Ford/Shelby have managed to fool 1000's of muscle car nuts into buying it for an obscene price.

3. Is the GT500 even really a muscle car?? I mean if it can't run the 1/4 in 11 seconds, that's a joke.

4. The GT500 will lose 1/2 of it's value the second it leaves the lot, you're better off getting it totaled coming out of the driveway of the dealer.

5. The Z06 is the greatest car EVER built, bar none.

6. Dealers are getting stuck with the car. I drove past a dealership that had 6 on the lot and they were all marked down to $5K below MSP.

I finallly fiqured out where that dealership is, I bought all six so I am going to sell them on EBay. I think 40k over MSRP would be a good starting point, except for the vert at 50 over.

Thanks for the tip :cheerleader:

Guest evilchris

Just my two cents...the guy with the longest warranty wins. Oh, that would be the GT500.

lol! As we all know, REAL enthusiasts care about warranties!

If you think the car is such a piece of shit that you need to rely on that warranty, don't buy one.

I don't think it's the truth. I don't think we'll ever see one tearing up road courses.

Does it really matter....the "Ford has ever built" part? I'd actually prfer a 93' Saleen SA-10 over a GT500, but 8 or 9 exist!

When you take a GT500 to the track and get smoked by 9 and 10 second Fox's from the late 80's, early 90's, just tell him "My GT500 is the fastest most powerful Mustang Ford has ever built. If you have one, or are getting one, you're glad. If you don't have one, and aren't getting one, you wish you were. Period. End of story. See ya later. " ROFL

yes, but those Fox's from the late 80's, early 90's are all modded, and probably have much more horsepower than the stock Shelby GT500 - wait till someone mods the Shelby the same way

Guest evilchris

A bike? Dude, you're kidding, right?

If you want to get stupid like that, I'll race my truck against your bike - we each pull a 5000 lb trailer. See how bad your bike is then. Or hell, let's try it with 3 passengers each. Point is that most cars make more power than you're bike will ever dream of.

You goobers do know that you're in the "regular" Mustang forum, right? The brainwashed forum is down the hall a bit.

Other observations and musings:

Speed IS a function of money - unless apparently, you paid $60,000 for a GT500.

All he did was say that he smoked a GT500 at the track. Hell, the owner probably has no clue how to drive but if he smoked it, he smoked it.

I bet he's a better chance of killing a stock Z06 than a stock GT500 does.

You "GT500 people" sure are touchy.

Any 11 second run in street car is pretty good. You should check around other boards and you'll find out that that is a very respected time no matter what flavor you drive.

Interesting that the Z06 was brought into the conversation to defend the GT500's honor.

+ eleventy billion

It's like the Night of the Living Stupid.

There more to owning a car than who's fastest at the dragstrip. Offer to swap your new GT500 for one of those 9 or 10 second cars and most of 'em would do it in a heartbeat. The only ones who wouldn't probably already have a GT500 sitting in their garage!!

I KNOW you want one! :D

Guest evilchris

yes, but those Fox's from the late 80's, early 90's are all modded, and probably have much more horsepower than the stock Shelby GT500 - wait till someone mods the Shelby the same way

Mod for mod a Fox will smoke the crap out of the GT500 in the 1/4. My 92 weighs 3050 lbs.

What do you think will happen in a race with a 400HP fox versus a 500HP GT500 awatters?

Guys(and Gals if any), how many times do I have to say this:

1. Shelby Sux

2. The GT500 is garbage and Ford/Shelby have managed to fool 1000's of muscle car nuts into buying it for an obscene price.

3. Is the GT500 even really a muscle car?? I mean if it can't run the 1/4 in 11 seconds, that's a joke.

4. The GT500 will lose 1/2 of it's value the second it leaves the lot, you're better off getting it totaled coming out of the driveway of the dealer.

5. The Z06 is the greatest car EVER built, bar none.

6. Dealers are getting stuck with the car. I drove past a dealership that had 6 on the lot and they were all marked down to $5K below MSP.

`cobra76`

Do you have a 2007 Shelby or are you still waiting for it???????

Guest evilchris

There more to owning a car than who's fastest at the dragstrip. Offer to swap your new GT500 for one of those 9 or 10 second cars and most of 'em would do it in a heartbeat. The only ones who wouldn't probably already have a GT500 sitting in their garage!!

I KNOW you want one! :D

Ya I'll be getting one, but dude I wouldn't swap my 92 LX for one ever. Cars aren't about money for me, they're about passion and I've had that thing since March 1992 =)

It's important to know that the GT500 will ALWAYS need way more horsepower than its opponent to win, since most people aren't driving 3,900 lb performance cars.

I can't believe btw how defensive you guys are against someone who posted a kill. You don't have to defend the car guys, Ford isn't paying you.

Guest evilchris

I heard John Force will running a new Shelby GT 500 next year. He will just be making some minor mods and thinks he will be in the high 3's. Now lets see a ZO6 or a Mustang GT do that :rockon:

I wonder if 3's will ever happen. What are they at 4.4s now? The dragsters not the slow funny cars =)

I can't believe btw how defensive you guys are against someone who posted a kill. You don't have to defend the car guys, Ford isn't paying you.

Good point! But I don't like people calling my baby a pig- true or not! :D

Not all of us care about drag racing all that much. I just want to drive mine around with the top down and enjoy the experience- especially on twisty mountain roads. Then get on it from time to time when nobody's looking!

I wouldn't mind taking mine to a dragstrip or a road course a time or two and let it hang out a little- just to see what's it's like. I don't care if I beat anyone though.

Mod for mod a Fox will smoke the crap out of the GT500 in the 1/4. My 92 weighs 3050 lbs.

What do you think will happen in a race with a 400HP fox versus a 500HP GT500 awatters?

if you were to lighten the Shelby load to 3050 , well math should speak for itself

was your 92 3050lbs from the factory? also, my guess is that your 92 probably did not come factory equiped with a 400 HP motor either.

Guest evilchris

if you were to lighten the Shelby load to 3050 , well math should speak for itself

was your 92 3050lbs from the factory? also, my guess is that your 92 probably did not come factory equiped with a 400 HP motor either.

I guess thats all that matters. Everytime I'm at the tracks, all of us are all talking about "what it came from the factory with". LOL. That's actually an excuse used by losers.

I'd love to see a GT500 at 3050. It would be a skeleton!

Let me reverse your logic on you, to see if you're hypocrite. What would say if a GT500 beat a Z06, and the Z06 said " well you didn't have 600HP for the factory so nana nana boo boo ". Sounds pretty dumb.

Who cares what it comes from the factory with. Half of you people will cry "yeah but it's modded" when a GT smokes a GT500, yet you'll brag when a modded GT500 beats a stock Z06. Please explain.

Guest evilchris

Sorry to be rude but your in idiot to belive that you only spent that much on your gt. A paxton supercharger, nitrous, gears, tires and driveshaft... ohh and exaust. No way was that only 6 grand.

Yeah probably 10 unless he bought everything used

:banghead: You and I will never be "the best". If you purchase(as opposed to desire) a car just to claim bragging rights, your not an enthusiast. Buy it, justify it, and DRIVE IT!!!! Be real folks, there will ALWAYS be some person who spends more, sacrifices more and wastes more time, energy, and stomach lining on the(a?) car than you. If you are happy(contented) with your choice, go ENJOY IT!!! :shift:

Well said!

lol! As we all know, REAL enthusiasts care about warranties!

If you think the car is such a piece of shit that you need to rely on that warranty, don't buy one.

Whoa! Easy there gunner. I need a warranty. That's why I haven't bought a GT yet and added a supercharger...which would be the best option considering HP to weight while staying in the Ford family.

...and no, we don't all know what REAL enthusiasts care about. Apparently you do though. Now take your Midol and shut the eff up.

Guest evilchris

Whoa! Easy there gunner. I need a warranty. That's why I haven't bought a GT yet and added a supercharger...which would be the best option considering HP to weight while staying in the Ford family.

...and no, we don't all know what REAL enthusiasts care about. Apparently you do though. Now take your Midol and shut the eff up.

Your name fits you well I need to say nothing more.

EC, You're funny! The car is a fat pig piece of crap but you're gonna have one someday???? I think this thread would be totally acceptable san the slow slugish bull S**t comment. Maybe the driver was slow, and maybe even a PIA but that does not reflect on the equipment. Its still a high quality vehicle and, like it or not, the fastest Mustang to come out of the factory. Oh, and I have owned mustangs for longer than most of you have been alive. I like em all from 6'es to GT's to the Shelby. So some of you GT owners need to get the chip off you're sholder. Oh, one last thing, If Caroll says its a Shelby, thats good enough for me!

How long would that mod'd GT last on a road course flat out? Lucky to make 2-3 laps at Watkins Glenn or Road America before smoke would claim victory -- the only question is what would fail first: cooling or brakes -- just save the nitrous to change your tears to laughter <lol>

The GT500 maybe porky, but it's a very well-engineered total package that'll run a road course untill it needs a fill-up and then drive home in comfort. That's what a Grand Tourismo does well.

If straight line performance is all that matters get an early Fox (or a Hugo, for that matter) and put a biggest rubber band in it you can afford <lol>

Btw, my '92 Ranger smoked a GT today but he didn't know we were racing :hysterical:

Guest evilchris

How long would that mod'd GT last on a road course flat out? Lucky to make 2-3 laps at Watkins Glenn or Road America before smoke would claim victory -- the only question is what would fail first: cooling or brakes -- just save the nitrous to change your tears to laughter <lol>

The GT500 maybe porky, but it's a very well-engineered total package that'll run a road course untill it needs a fill-up and then drive home in comfort. That's what a Grand Tourismo does well.

If straight line performance is all that matters get an early Fox (or a Hugo, for that matter) and put a biggest rubber band in it you can afford <lol>

Btw, my '92 Ranger smoked a GT today but he didn't know we were racing :hysterical:

The GT500 will eat brakes fast as well 68, and the car is *not* engineered to hold up cooling wise on a road course. The blower will heat soak the engine and kill it. Just like term's and heat soak on cylinders 7 and 8 after prolonged sessions under boost. This car is no different.

The Smoooothest 500HP engine made!

True Ford - Mustang Enthusiasts don't Flame and Bash this car. They Celebrate it. Just as I do the 93' Cobra

through to the 03/04 Terminator.

My prediction, Ford will never build a +500 hp Mustang. This is it Folks. They may build something lighter and with IRS but not over 500hp. But, never say never. 09' BOSS anyone?

Guest evilchris

The Smoooothest 500HP engine made!

True Ford - Mustang Enthusiasts don't Flame and Bash this car. They Celebrate it. Just as I do the 93' Cobra

through to the 03/04 Terminator.

My prediction, Ford will never build a +500 hp Mustang. This is it Folks. They may build something lighter and with IRS but not over 500hp. But, never say never. 09' BOSS anyone?

Never say never. I know HTT said no more power anytime soon but you never know.

There is a difference between flaming/bashing and just refusing to WORSHIP the car man. I talk crap about my Fox's horrible bandaid braced chassis all the time.

The GT500 will eat brakes fast as well 68, and the car is *not* engineered to hold up cooling wise on a road course. The blower will heat soak the engine and kill it. Just like term's and heat soak on cylinders 7 and 8 after prolonged sessions under boost. This car is no different.

I don't know, EC... I've heard they flogged it for quite a while flat out in testing with good results. And did likewise in the AZ proving grounds for hours on end at 100+ and low humidity -- the scourge of cooling systems. Remember the GT500 has the Ford GT heads with thicker deck and much improved cooling. I thought the termies were based on the prior Cobra heads, and cammed for the s/c. And the S/C has it's own separate cooling system (did it on the Termies too?, dunno). I agree on the potential heat implications of a s/c motor, but I think they did their engineering homework on this car and the Ford GT heads are genuinely improved.

Of course all the goodies add up in cost, and one of the reasons it weighs 3940lbs too ;-)

Archived