TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-500 Kill!

piperpilotduane

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest evilchris

Well I finally had a chance to go up head to head with a $60,000 SHELBY GT 500 last night at the strip. What a suggish pig of a mustang. :shift: We ran the 1/4 mile and I busted him by 4 car lengths with my 06 GT with about 6k in mods! The crowd went wild! I should have run for Pinks! After the race the guy ducked out the exit. Busted!!! :finger:

What mods are on the GT and what were the times?

I think a lot of GT500 buyers don't know to drag race and will be embarassing the cars capabilities doing 15 second 1/4s etc.

Well I finally had a chance to go up head to head with a $60,000 SHELBY GT 500 last night at the strip. What a suggish pig of a mustang. :shift: We ran the 1/4 mile and I busted him by 4 car lengths with my 06 GT with about 6k in mods! The crowd went wild! I should have run for Pinks! After the race the guy ducked out the exit. Busted!!! :finger:

Excellent! :bandance:

The crowd must have been really loud for you to hear them 1/4 mile away!

What WAS your ET, and how did you know he paid $60,000 for it? Sounds fishy.

How about some details though. You running a tire? What mods you got? The Crowd went wild???? :lol:

If you're ever North of the Border look me up. You can embarass me too..... :)

Then when did you wake up?

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Now aren't you the hero!!!! Lets hear your times and what mods are you talking about.

You have to post more than twice on this site to establish your credibility.

Lets see your time slip or zip the lip!!! :shr :wacko: ug:

OK, Ill try to answer all questions in order.

MODS: Paxton Novi 2200, Zex 100HP shot, 3000 rpm stall converter, DSS 1 pc driveshaft, 4.10 gear, JBA long tube headers, H-pipe and after cat exhaust.

Times run 11.80-11.95 consistantly.

My son and friend were in the stands and heard the crowd go wild. Thursday is grudge night. $10 and run untill closing.

$60 K is what he was announcing to all the people eyeballing it.

Tires M/T slicks.

AS to hero statis no by no means. Its just that some people buy the GT 500 and think they will be special. Within 2 years it will be the most produced Shelby at 20,000 units and probably never hold the value of a real shelby. The Shelby registery doesn't even recognize them. There will always be someone faster, but he brought a knife to a gun fight.

I do not have a scanner, or I would post a slew of timeslips.

Believe what you want, but plenty of mustangs can school the GT500 :baby:

good night!

How about some details though. You running a tire? What mods you got? The Crowd went wild???? :lol:

If you're ever North of the Border look me up. You can embarass me too..... :)

In most cases, I don't believe that a stock GT500 is gonna fare very well against a properly modded Mustang GT.

Y'all give him a break - your precious GT500's (though nice) aren't ALL that. When the FI goes on my car, I will look very forward to lining up against a GT500, too.

MODS: Paxton Novi 2200, Zex 100HP shot, 3000 rpm stall converter, DSS 1 pc driveshaft, 4.10 gear, JBA long tube headers, H-pipe and after cat exhaust.

My son and friend were in the stands and heard the crowd go wild. Thursday is grudge night. $10 and run untill closing.

Tires M/T slicks.

AS to hero statis no by no means. Its just that some people buy the GT 500 and think they will be special. Within 2 years it will be the most produced Shelby at 20,000 units and probably never hold the value of a real shelby. The Shelby registery doesn't even recognize them. There will always be someone faster, but he brought a knife to a gun fight.

good night!

and plenty of other cars will school the GT, including the Shelby that people spend the time to mod properly.

Sounds like sour grapes to me :stirpot:

Enter round 2........................

:banghead: You and I will never be "the best". If you purchase(as opposed to desire) a car just to claim bragging rights, your not an enthusiast. Buy it, justify it, and DRIVE IT!!!! Be real folks, there will ALWAYS be some person who spends more, sacrifices more and wastes more time, energy, and stomach lining on the(a?) car than you. If you are happy(contented) with your choice, go ENJOY IT!!! :shift:

:banghead: You and I will never be "the best". If you purchase(as opposed to desire) a car just to claim bragging rights, your not an enthusiast. Buy it, justify it, and DRIVE IT!!!! Be real folks, there will ALWAYS be some person who spends more, sacrifices more and wastes more time, energy, and stomach lining on the(a?) car than you. If you are happy(contented) with your choice, go ENJOY IT!!! :shift:

Hear Hear :beerchug:

Tires M/T slicks.

good night!

Uh huh. For half of the $6k you spent modding your GT I can buy a bike, school you and still get 30 mpg. SO WHAT?!?

Did the guy talk smack to ya?

Did he dis your ride?

What's the point of this thread?

If you want me to be happy that you can run 11.8-11.9 all night, I say CONGRATS. Thats pretty damn fast.

I choose to drive a 2007 Shelby.

Its just that some people buy the GT 500 and think they will be special. Within 2 years it will be the most produced Shelby at 20,000 units and probably never hold the value of a real shelby. The Shelby registery doesn't even recognize them.
When the first Shelbys were introduced there was no Shelby regestry.

Does it provide you with pleasure to denigrate the 2007 Shelby owners?

One other tidbit, 11.9 ETs ain't no

...gunfight...
11.9 ETs on SLICKS is playground stuff. Try your luck against a TT Fox-body stroker on radials sometime. Then we'll see who forgot to even bring a knife to the gunfight.

There is plenty of room on the road and the track for all of the Mustangs ever built. Go Kill a stock Z06, and then brag a 1/4 mile at a time as he runs circles around you.

06 Mustang GT @ MSRP + $6,000 isn't that much less than a Shelby @ MSRP, and a lot of us are getting or going to get one for that. Which would you rather have considering the overall cool factor, and looks?

With that being said, the guy driving the Shelby deserved what he got if he was acting like a turd.

LOL, I have ownwed Cobra's for years and Some people just dont get it. SVT product are about the whole package. They generally handle better, brake better and go better than the standard Mustang. Thats why you pay more! Of course, anyone can go out, spend money and go faster! And despite what some have said here, the Shelby will be worth more in the end, you cant argue that. SVT products, Shelby or not, will always hold thier value better than a standard GT. I tell ya what, lets head out to the road course and see what you can do against my 97 Cobra. :) I take no plearsure passing another stang. Now put a Corvette in front of me and :happy feet: Anyway, since you take pleasure in you're kill, try this guy next

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...amp;#entry41980

A bike? Dude, you're kidding, right?

If you want to get stupid like that, I'll race my truck against your bike - we each pull a 5000 lb trailer. See how bad your bike is then. Or hell, let's try it with 3 passengers each. Point is that most cars make more power than you're bike will ever dream of.

You goobers do know that you're in the "regular" Mustang forum, right? The brainwashed forum is down the hall a bit.

Other observations and musings:

Speed IS a function of money - unless apparently, you paid $60,000 for a GT500.

All he did was say that he smoked a GT500 at the track. Hell, the owner probably has no clue how to drive but if he smoked it, he smoked it.

I bet he's a better chance of killing a stock Z06 than a stock GT500 does.

You "GT500 people" sure are touchy.

Any 11 second run in street car is pretty good. You should check around other boards and you'll find out that that is a very respected time no matter what flavor you drive.

Interesting that the Z06 was brought into the conversation to defend the GT500's honor.

Uh huh. For half of the $6k you spent modding your GT I can buy a bike, school you and still get 30 mpg. SO WHAT?!?

Did the guy talk smack to ya?

Did he dis your ride?

What's the point of this thread?

If you want me to be happy that you can run 11.8-11.9 all night, I say CONGRATS. Thats pretty damn fast.

I choose to drive a 2007 Shelby. When the first Shelbys were introduced there was no Shelby regestry.

Does it provide you with pleasure to denigrate the 2007 Shelby owners?

One other tidbit, 11.9 ETs ain't no 11.9 ETs on SLICKS is playground stuff. Try your luck against a TT Fox-body stroker on radials sometime. Then we'll see who forgot to even bring a knife to the gunfight.

There is plenty of room on the road and the track for all of the Mustangs ever built. Go Kill a stock Z06, and then brag a 1/4 mile at a time as he runs circles around you.

Isn't this soo mutch fun. Lets start some more stuff for you SVT GT500 boys. The real shelby will be out in January. It may be slow, but it will have a Shelby serial number!

Can I play?

I have little 64 Falcon. It is a modded Mustang kinda, runs high 9's, street car barely, no twisties though unless your talking the tire twist :hysterical:

I'd love to play. Heck Iv'e been beat by a Turbo charged Bug before. It just was not street legal and ran 10.45 in the 1/4

Guys(and Gals if any), how many times do I have to say this:

1. Shelby Sux

2. The GT500 is garbage and Ford/Shelby have managed to fool 1000's of muscle car nuts into buying it for an obscene price.

3. Is the GT500 even really a muscle car?? I mean if it can't run the 1/4 in 11 seconds, that's a joke.

4. The GT500 will lose 1/2 of it's value the second it leaves the lot, you're better off getting it totaled coming out of the driveway of the dealer.

5. The Z06 is the greatest car EVER built, bar none.

6. Dealers are getting stuck with the car. I drove past a dealership that had 6 on the lot and they were all marked down to $5K below MSP.

Archived