TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone here into Guns?????????????????

Nice, but I dont want a Bolt Action. I want a 5 to 10 Shot Clip, OPPS....."MAGAZINE"........I'm to lazy to reload :hysterical:

David.

This fits that bill. This one was my 2007 rifle project based on a new LRB M1A forged reciever and all new-in-wrap USGI H&R parts including the walnut stock and barrel. It's a very spendy way to go if you can't do the assembly work yourself, as it sits below you're looking at apx. $2,200 and if I had to have a smith assemble it it would have been another $600-$800.

29gdc0j.jpg

Here's this years rifle project based on a LRB M25 forged reciever with integral scope base and rear lug.

30iby4w.jpg

I also assemble M1 Garands, just for kicks and grins... This is a match grade M1 in .308 Win.

2nght28.jpg

sb7rdy.jpg

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I got this far and I am COMPELLED to respond to these two posts. BOTH are so grossly in error that I cannot ignore them....

Not necessarily. If he sold to a friend and did not ship via mail, ups, fed ex, etc it would still be legal. If he drove to the friend's home, or vice versa, it is a legal transaction. However the communist democrats are trying to prohibit the sale of any firearm to another person without going through a dealer so they can track and keep records of whom owns what. Someday you may not be able to even pass a gun to your son or daughter without the government approving the transfer. You have to ask yourself why the liberals and democrats do not want citizens to have firearms? What do they fear? Let me see if I understand the liberals, make drugs legal to sell but not firearms.

You ABSOLUTELY CANNOT ship a gun to a friend. Period.

Anytime legal ownership is transferred, except for face to face transactions (void if in The People's Republik of Kalifornia) you must go through a licensed FFL holder. Period, no exception. If you get caught sending a gun to a private individual, you will be seeing the inside of a cell for a very, very long time.

I have to post this because people like you theorize incorrectly and if anyone reading it believes you, they could get in a world of shit because of it.

Stump, stay far away from Glock. In my learned opinion it is the most dangerous handgun, to the user, on the market. If you are going to buy a semi auto pistol ensure the firearm has a magazine safety disconnect. The glock does not. There are many, many state, federal and local law enforcement officers, not to mention civilians, that have shot themselves with their unloaded glock.

If YOU don't like Glock, that's fine, but that is your opinion, not an all-encompassing fact about the brand.

I will never, ever carry a pistol with a magazine disconnect, and neither will any instructor at Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, or any other institute or professional. In a tactical situation anything can happen, and if for any reason your mag drops free you at least have one viable round in the chamber that could mean life or death for you.

Instruction and safety are paramount, and the basis for any gun ownership. Proper training and reinforcement prevent accidental discharges and to say it is safer to have a mag disconnect because you're less likely to shoot yourself is flat-out stupid. If you neve rhave your finger on the trigger, then the gun cannot shoot you, period.

I own some of the best and most desirable pistols on earth and I place my good old Glocks right up there, and rely on one as a daily carry on many occasions. I hold no allegiance to any one brand, Glock or other, so I have no bias...

As an addition... not many pistols have a mag disconnect, and certainly none that are considered tactical weapons of any sort. Glock, HK, hell... the venerable 1911 do not have mag safeties. The 1911 platform is the most widely used and recognized pistol in the world (and guess what... Glock which is 20 years old is a very close 2nd) and does not feature a mag safety. And we're talking about a gun that is carried with one in the chamber, cocked and locked. Next I'd expect you to say that Condition 3 carry is the only smart way to carry a 1911.

PLEASE do not improperly project your personal views and opinions as fact.

Not gonna happen Bro, I buy ammo buy the can and stockpile it in case of bad times ;)

I agree...buy ammo whenever you can...the reason for me is that here in FL I've been through Hurricane Andrew back in 92 and the looting was just out of control...and so I live and learn, if we were to have another bad storm like Andrew here in South Fl I will be prepared to defend my "castle".....remember folks,guns don't kill people,people do.

Republican2-1.gif

Ok, I got this far and I am COMPELLED to respond to these two posts. BOTH are so grossly in error that I cannot ignore them....

You ABSOLUTELY CANNOT ship a gun to a friend. Period.

Anytime legal ownership is transferred, except for face to face transactions (void if in The People's Republik of Kalifornia) you must go through a licensed FFL holder. Period, no exception. If you get caught sending a gun to a private individual, you will be seeing the inside of a cell for a very, very long time.

I have to post this because people like you theorize incorrectly and if anyone reading it believes you, they could get in a world of shit because of it.

If YOU don't like Glock, that's fine, but that is your opinion, not an all-encompassing fact about the brand.

I will never, ever carry a pistol with a magazine disconnect, and neither will any instructor at Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, or any other institute or professional. In a tactical situation anything can happen, and if for any reason your mag drops free you at least have one viable round in the chamber that could mean life or death for you.

Instruction and safety are paramount, and the basis for any gun ownership. Proper training and reinforcement prevent accidental discharges and to say it is safer to have a mag disconnect because you're less likely to shoot yourself is flat-out stupid. If you neve rhave your finger on the trigger, then the gun cannot shoot you, period.

I own some of the best and most desirable pistols on earth and I place my good old Glocks right up there, and rely on one as a daily carry on many occasions. I hold no allegiance to any one brand, Glock or other, so I have no bias...

As an addition... not many pistols have a mag disconnect, and certainly none that are considered tactical weapons of any sort. Glock, HK, hell... the venerable 1911 do not have mag safeties. The 1911 platform is the most widely used and recognized pistol in the world (and guess what... Glock which is 20 years old is a very close 2nd) and does not feature a mag safety. And we're talking about a gun that is carried with one in the chamber, cocked and locked. Next I'd expect you to say that Condition 3 carry is the only smart way to carry a 1911.

PLEASE do not improperly project your personal views and opinions as fact.

Bandit, first, I stand by my statement re the transfer. I stated you coud NOT ship the weapon by UPS, Fed Ex, USPS, etc. I agree. I said you could sell to a friend, or family member, or anyone else for that matter, including in person, but not ship the weapon to them. We agree. And we agree that all bets are off in the Peoples RepubliK of Kalifornia.

Second, you told me not to inject my opinion as fact. But correct me if you did not do the same. I am curious what your experience is with firearms before we continue the debate. The M&P is every bit as much of a tactical weapon as the glock and there is a round in the chamber. You mentioned the mag safety as a disadvantage. It is a life saver and I personally know people, well trained government agents, that have shot themselves with the glock. The glock has a propensity for jamming. If you don't believe me check the city of NY. The NYPD had to have over 25,K glocks re tooled because of stage 3 jammings. The glock has had problems with slide rail failures and jammings. All documented. Back to the mag safety disconnect. I judge this feature on real world results, not what might happen. I am familiar with tactical reloads. I am not aware of anyone that has been shot while doing a tactical reload. Understand I am not knocking the tactical reload. It is a good idea. However, there are many, many people that have been shot accidentaily with the glock. And finally, if you ever have been involved with a hand to hand struggle of your handgun then you know the other person has the advantage. Due to simple leverage the other person can strip the weapon out of your hand. If you have a mag safety you can drop the magazine, the bad guy can have the pistol. It is now out of commission. Again, in the real world, the mag safety is a definite plus. I also like the 1911 and it is a tremendous platform. S&W is not the only offering of the mag safety. Sig Sauer also offers this feature. If you wish to continue this I suggest PM. I am also a certified instructor, armorer, with decades of experience. So wiht that I would ask that you not refer to me as stupid. Without knowing you, and your real experience as opposed to your posts, I very well may have more real life experience than you. Good Luck in your choice. But when we suggest weapons to those that do not use the weapon on a daily basis it is improper to suggest they use some of the weapns you suggest. These are meant for those that use and train with the weapon constantly. If not, the venerable revolver may be the best for a person that needs self protection. And again, in reference to my being stupid; you stated keep your finger off the trigger. That is rather difficult when disassembling a glock for cleaning. As you know you have to pull the trigger of the glock before it can be disassembled. In my opinion, that is a poor design. Again, good luck to all with their decisions.

There's been controversy about Glocks since there were Glocks. I said I happen to like it for a carry gun, and I do. The 19 is small (little boxy, maybe), compact, and most of all, light.

I think it's the "light" bit that makes the gun so popular, and possibly also dangerous.

Considering it's lack of active safeties, it's an amazingly safe gun. Other architechtures would be firing left and right without their safety mechanisms. They NEED the safety mechanisms to keep the gun from firing. The Glock simply will not fire unless you pull the trigger. In a way, it reminds me of a double action revolver with the hammer down.

The difference, of course, is the trigger pull. It's a lot harder to pull the trigger on a revolver, and it's heavy.

I don't know the stats, but I can see accidental firings with a Glock being higher, just because the gun is light and easier to fire. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, or statistics, just common sense. Same goes for the magazine safety. It just eliminates an obvious accident waiting to happen ("I didn't know the gun was loaded").

Personally, I do not chamber a round in the Glock because it IS too easy to fire. Then again, I'm not prone to situations where a quick draw is likely. In those rare instances (twice, now) where it's a consideration and I chamber the round, I am VERY conscious of it.

If I were a cop, and kept a round in the chamber by habit, I would probably not use a Glock, as much as I like it.

Personally, I do not chamber a round in the Glock because it IS too easy to fire. Then again, I'm not prone to situations where a quick draw is likely. In those rare instances (twice, now) where it's a consideration and I chamber the round, I am VERY conscious of it.

If I were a cop, and kept a round in the chamber by habit, I would probably not use a Glock, as much as I like it.

Personally, I to do not keep a round in the Chamber of my 9MM. I also have a 32 Revolver and I only load it with 5 Bullitts making sure the first pull of the Triger will be an Empty Chamber for Saftey reasons.

David.

The only real "safety" is the human mind aka the "user". If you don't engage your brain when handling a weapon then you are prone to have a negligent discharge (notice I didn't say accidental discharge). You only put your finger on the trigger when you are ready to fire and aiming the weapon at the target you intend to shoot. Period. If you do it at any other time then you are tempting fate for a negligent discharge. If you are cleaning the weapon, you always remove the magazine and clear the chamber prior to ever putting your finger on the trigger. If you do put your finger on the trigger prior to those two steps, you're being stupid. I have a GLOCK 19 and it is my carry weapon. I have cleaned a GLOCK many times and never had a negligent discharge. Why? Because I remove the magazine and clear the chamber prior to ever putting my finger on the trigger. So to say it is a piss poor design is only making excuses for someone who acted in a negligent way. Personally, I like the point and shoot of a GLOCK or any double-action revolver as it removes the mechanics in a life threatening event that can mean the difference in life or death. Everyone has their opinions on what they like to carry and if they are willing to bet their life on it, then that is up to them. However, I wouldn't label the GLOCK as a poor design because people have shot themselves with one. How many people have shot themselves with weapons that have safeties? Lot's and that's partly why I like the GLOCK because you can't use the excuse "I thought the safety was on". How many times have we heard that one? If people can't handle a weapon safely then they shouldn't be handling one at at all. Do "professionals" have negligent discharges? Yep. And their number one excuse? "I thought the safety was on". By the way, the GLOCK 19 is carried by the CIA and has been considered by the USMC. The test weapons went thousands of rounds without a single failure, including a 3,000 foot drop from a helicopter, immersion in salt water for a week, etc etc etc.

The only real "safety" is the human mind aka the "user". If you don't engage your brain when handling a weapon then you are prone to have a negligent discharge (notice I didn't say accidental discharge).

Like Robert D. Raford ("The BIG Show" on the Radio) always says, there is no such thing as an Accident.

I agree and add the following <"Someone will always be at Fault. If you dont believe me.................... ask the other persons attorney">....................................... :hysterical:

David.

You cannot use police as an indicator of the safety of a weapon. It is widely known in the industry that police are RARELY "gun people" and most only fire their weapon for mandatory qualification every year, or few years. Most don't even keep their weapon clean or in good functional order. I have seen so many cops with unfit weapons due to negligence that it's not even funny.

Keeping a loaded weapon with a round NOT chambered is useless. A Glock that has no "external" safeties (but 3 internal ones) is no more dangerous than a revolver. If you pull the trigger on a revolver it will go bang. That is exactly how a Glock works. No different. Saying you keep a Glock with no chambered round is as silly as saying you keep an unloaded revolver because you're afraid you might accidentally pull the trigger.

If you are in the habit of accidentally pulling the trigger, then you should not own any gun. If you need to rely on a mag safety to prevent you from shooting yourself, you should not own the gun to begin with. You need to learn how to safely handle a firearm.

Glock does not have a reputation for jamming. You must live in a small, sheltered world where everyone keeps their gun in piss-poor condition because Glock has the reputation for reliability, That is what they are known for... where have you been. Any 'machine' can break down, and Glock is no exception, but as a general rule Glock is known to be one of the most reliable semi autos ever made.

When you break down a Glock for cleaning, yes you have to pull the trigger... you claim to be an armorer and have experience... so you of all people should know that you must clear, inspect, and re-inspect the clear weapon before ever pulling the trigger. Doing anything else would be foolish and irresponsible.

In a struggle, or any situation where a magazine may be inadvertently dropped from the pistol, you want that one single round in the chamber to be active. S&W is one of the rare few who use a mag disconnect and for years they have been admonished for it by just about every authority on the subject at hand.

I spent many years (in a former life) as an NRA registered Safety Course instructor, and LVL2 Tactical instructor. And as such I would instruct any of my students on proper procedures to avoid letting anyone get that close to begin with, and if the assailant were already that close, the pistol would not be the weapon to draw... their knife would be. But assuming the pistol was drawn when the assailant was at a further distance and the situation escalated to the point where the assailant was on top of you in a flash... you certainly would NOT drop your magazine free in hopes that he would be stripping an unusable gun from your hands. You avoid him doing that at all costs and keep a viable weapon for your defense so that you can defend yourself.

I'm sorry if you feel I am attacking you, I am not. I am attacking your wild theories however, and doing so because what you are saying is not only wrong... it is PROVEN wrong. For those who may choose to hang out at gun forums (like our car forums) the anti-Glock sentiment has been re-hashed so much it is ridiculous, and the Glock-haters always try to use your argument as part of theirs... and are always proven to be way off base.

Again, if you think a loaded and chambered Glock is any more unsafe than a revolver... you are sorely misinformed.

Matt - let me know when I need to fire up the grill!

Maybe next Wednesday? I am staying up here in VA this weekend. Next weekend I go home for a long weekend. Once I know what the schedule is looking like, I'll give you a call. I should know by Monday of next week! :happy feet:

What about Rugers (sp ?)? Safety issues besides user? I just found out my son, who is 21, purchased one but it's being recalled - trigger issue. My problem/fear is that he has no proper training on gun usage/etiquette. I am considering taking him to the shooting range for training and it probably would do me some good as well.

Maybe next Wednesday? I am staying up here in VA this weekend. Next weekend I go home for a long weekend. Once I know what the schedule is looking like, I'll give you a call. I should know by Monday of next week! :happy feet:

Check. :superhero:

What about Rugers (sp ?)? Safety issues besides user? I just found out my son, who is 21, purchased one but it's being recalled - trigger issue. My problem/fear is that he has no proper training on gun usage/etiquette. I am considering taking him to the shooting range for training and it probably would do me some good as well.

Find a local NRA firearms safety instructor or bring him to the next Nags Head outing and I will teach him! :happy feet:

Check. :superhero:

I'll bring the beer! :happy feet:

Find a local NRA firearms safety instructor or bring him to the next Nags Head outing and I will teach him! :happy feet:

I'll bring the beer! :happy feet:

You staying over so we can have more than 1? I've got a handle on the grill now - so we'll kick it up a notch from Brats!

And C is hoping to go down to Myrtle Beach next month with me. My Mustang club has an extra room on reserve. Let me know if you'd like it. There will be about 7 Mustangs from the club staying there. You met some of them in Nag's Head in April.

Traffic to and from Wilmington will be rough that whole weekend.

Laura - are you thinking about flying out to Myrtle Beach that week?

You staying over so we can have more than 1? I've got a handle on the grill now - so we'll kick it up a notch from Brats!

And C is hoping to go down to Myrtle Beach next month with me. My Mustang club has an extra room on reserve. Let me know if you'd like it. There will be about 7 Mustangs from the club staying there. You met some of them in Nag's Head in April.

WHEN IS THAT?

Man,Willmington NC...wish I was still stationed in NC....Williminton has some nice beaches and nice people but it does get kind of crazy up there during the summer time...it's a college town :rockon: :beerchug: :party: :party2: :tequila: ....aaaahhhhhh....the good times I've had overthere.

I brushed up on handgun training after receiving a couple of threats. I took a course at Front Sight in Nevada, and they worked almost exclusively with Glocks. I also has numerous 1 on training sessions with a relative who is very well qualified, and his recommendation was Glock.

You do need to get past the idea that there is no safety. Yes, some idiots have shot themselves with Glocks that they thought were unloaded. By the same token, other idiots have shot themselves with other guns when they thought the safety was engaged.

I have shot thousands of rounds through my Glocks and cleaned them without incident. Knowing that there is no safety and that releasing the magazine leaves a round in the chamber forces you to have a routine for unloading the gun that makes absolutely certain you do not leave a round in the chamber.

I like the idea that if I need to use either the Glock at my home or at my office that they are simple to operate and there is little to go wrong. Although there is no safety, that is only an issue if your finger is on the trigger, and training reinforces that the only reason for my finger to be on the trigger is to shoot.

You cannot use police as an indicator of the safety of a weapon. It is widely known in the industry that police are RARELY "gun people" and most only fire their weapon for mandatory qualification every year, or few years. Most don't even keep their weapon clean or in good functional order. I have seen so many cops with unfit weapons due to negligence that it's not even funny.

Keeping a loaded weapon with a round NOT chambered is useless. A Glock that has no "external" safeties (but 3 internal ones) is no more dangerous than a revolver. If you pull the trigger on a revolver it will go bang. That is exactly how a Glock works. No different. Saying you keep a Glock with no chambered round is as silly as saying you keep an unloaded revolver because you're afraid you might accidentally pull the trigger.

If you are in the habit of accidentally pulling the trigger, then you should not own any gun. If you need to rely on a mag safety to prevent you from shooting yourself, you should not own the gun to begin with. You need to learn how to safely handle a firearm.

Glock does not have a reputation for jamming. You must live in a small, sheltered world where everyone keeps their gun in piss-poor condition because Glock has the reputation for reliability, That is what they are known for... where have you been. Any 'machine' can break down, and Glock is no exception, but as a general rule Glock is known to be one of the most reliable semi autos ever made.

When you break down a Glock for cleaning, yes you have to pull the trigger... you claim to be an armorer and have experience... so you of all people should know that you must clear, inspect, and re-inspect the clear weapon before ever pulling the trigger. Doing anything else would be foolish and irresponsible.

In a struggle, or any situation where a magazine may be inadvertently dropped from the pistol, you want that one single round in the chamber to be active. S&W is one of the rare few who use a mag disconnect and for years they have been admonished for it by just about every authority on the subject at hand.

I spent many years (in a former life) as an NRA registered Safety Course instructor, and LVL2 Tactical instructor. And as such I would instruct any of my students on proper procedures to avoid letting anyone get that close to begin with, and if the assailant were already that close, the pistol would not be the weapon to draw... their knife would be. But assuming the pistol was drawn when the assailant was at a further distance and the situation escalated to the point where the assailant was on top of you in a flash... you certainly would NOT drop your magazine free in hopes that he would be stripping an unusable gun from your hands. You avoid him doing that at all costs and keep a viable weapon for your defense so that you can defend yourself.

I'm sorry if you feel I am attacking you, I am not. I am attacking your wild theories however, and doing so because what you are saying is not only wrong... it is PROVEN wrong. For those who may choose to hang out at gun forums (like our car forums) the anti-Glock sentiment has been re-hashed so much it is ridiculous, and the Glock-haters always try to use your argument as part of theirs... and are always proven to be way off base.

Again, if you think a loaded and chambered Glock is any more unsafe than a revolver... you are sorely misinformed.

Bandit, I concur that many police officers take very poor care of their weapons.

Concur that keeping a weapon without a round in the chamber is useless.

The point I stressed about the glock is that it is a poor design to have to pull the trigger in order to disassemble. They could re-design the breakdown process and remove the factor from the equation.

When you mention that S&W is admonished by every authority on the subject. Questionable. I must assume you have no military experience with firearms or law enforcement experience. S&W has chosen to have a mag safety disconnect because their customer, police officers, demand this feature. If the feature was so poor as you state you would think that S"&W would have dropped the feature decades ago. Rather they continue to design new pistols with the feature.

If you have no military experience with firearms, and do not carry a firearm professionally every day then some would refer to you as a wannabe. You read the magazines and attend some schools. That is commendable. But until your life is on the line every day you are not in position to preach to others. The issue with NYPD retooling 25K glocks is fact. The slide failures on glocks are fact. I am sorry if you allow facts to get in the way of a discussion.

You tell your students not to allow someone to get that close. Again, you betray your lack of experience in the real world. Check the FBI statistics. The average police officer is killed from less than 10 feet. The battle is over in 5 seconds. Again, you can preach from your class room but until you are in that position you should not criticize those that have to make those decisions. And no I do not choose to hang out on gun forums. That is where we differ. I am not on any gun forums. But I have researched pistols with the authority to buy in large quanties after performance testing. I must assume you have not been charged with such responsibility. Again, I do not hang out on forums. Nor do I preach to students that are not professionals or operators. I have also attended some of the finest schools and have learned from the best. When you have over 38 years experience with laying your life on the line, going over the wire, struggling to retain a handgun in a life and death battle, then you may address me. Until then, the term wannabe seems appropriate. You say I preached wild theories. Again, you, obviously, have never been in these positions. Police officers are forced to deal with subjects up close and personal. Try working undercover in large urban cities buying dope and try to do it beyoned the reactionary gap of 20+ feet. Tell an undercover officer not to pull the firearm but rather a knife is ludicrious. If your weapon is not accessible there is a problem. And yes dropping the magazine is a smart decision under certain circumstances. Then drawing a back up weapon. Again, you appear to preach without experience. When you have the experience, real world, we can talk. I suggest we be more civil to each other in the future and discuss by PM. I would not have responded tonight as I have had you not made such accussations.

I urge all to receive the proper training, and ongoing training, in whatever they choose. Remember to buy what works for you. Everyone, and their needs, are different. Research the firearm like you would the purchase of a Shelby. Then practice. Remember that an automatic can jam. If you cannot diagnose the type of jam in a matter of seconds, in the dark, and properly clear the jam, then you should probably buy a revolver. Don't listen to amateurs, wannabes, and gun magazine whores that will say anything to sell magazines. Buy the weapon as though your life depends on it as it does. Get different opinions and be willing to listen to both sides of an argument. Good luck to all whatever you decide. And don't buy something just because your local police department or the military have purchased that weapon or that caliber. Remember, buy for your special needs. The military is a great model for this. They do not have a one gun fits all policy. Rather there are many different weapons for the particular mission. And buy premium ammo. Not just hollow points but premium hollow points. Don't scrimp when your life is on the line. You can practice with the practice ammo but your carry ammo should be the best there is. Again good luck to all and no hard feelings towards anyone.

Well, either today or tomorrow, the Supreme Court should be handing down that decision in a gun case. This is the first case in I don't know when to squarely present the question of the meaning of the Second Amendment.

We shall see.

:lurk:

Well, either today or tomorrow, the Supreme Court should be handing down that decision in a gun case. This is the first case in I don't know when to squarely present the question of the meaning of the Second Amendment.

We shall see.

:lurk:

It is expected to be pro-gun. But we cannot expect the liberals to give up on this issue. The obamas and others of their ilk are already talking about what they can do, working with the court decision, to eliminate guns. Their is one big issue on the horizon. The UN is attempting to restrict all small arms around the world. The Klintons supported this issue. The Bush administration made it very clear they would not support any issue that restricted American's rights under the 2nd amendment. However, if another Klinton or obama is president, and if the UN passes the legislation, all the democrat congress and democrat president have to do is approve and sign the treaty with the UN. We are one of the very few countries where we can own pretty much what we want. The majority of the world, as usual, are against us. Where is Reagan when we need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are issues on this thread that Bandit and I , and other disagree. However, I think it is safe to say that Bandit and I will agree on one thing. If you love your liberty, your freedom, the right to protect yourself and family; then join the NRA. This is one of the only groups fighting to protect your rights. The NRA has about 4 million members and has been cited as one of the most effective lobbying groups on Capital Hill. In 1995, if I remember correctly, then President Klinton; in his state of the union address, pointed to the chairs of democrats that lost their election in 1994 and said it was all the fault of the NRA. The NRA said they took that as a compliment. Again, join the NRA. As the numbers swell it is tough for politicians to vote against our rights when they know they will be removed from office.

And as we approach the 4th of July lets think, and support, our military service personnel. Without them we would not have a 2nd amendment, our lifestyle, or even the 4th of July. Support the USO. Support the politicians that support the military. I think Bandit and I, and others will agree. Remember, if you can read this post, thank a teacher. If you can read this post in English, thank a soldier (or Airman, Marine, Naval, or Coast Guard).

It is expected to be pro-gun. But we cannot expect the liberals to give up on this issue. The obamas and others of their ilk are already talking about what they can do, working with the court decision, to eliminate guns. Their is one big issue on the horizon. The UN is attempting to restrict all small arms around the world. The Klintons supported this issue. The Bush administration made it very clear they would not support any issue that restricted American's rights under the 2nd amendment. However, if another Klinton or obama is president, and if the UN passes the legislation, all the democrat congress and democrat president have to do is approve and sign the treaty with the UN. We are one of the very few countries where we can own pretty much what we want. The majority of the world, as usual, are against us. Where is Reagan when we need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Republican.jpg

BTW- I watched a speech of obama about 2-3 months ago. He had won a state in the primaries and was giving a long speech about how wonderful he is. He mentioned he supported the individual right of firearm ownership. He supports hunters, he supports the second amendment. He then switch on to other subjects, and about 5-10 minutes later was saying that the violence in our cities is too high and he supports the Washington DC total gun ban. He not only contradicted himself, flagrantly, but he did it within 10 minutes within the same speech. The liberals are now saying they support hunting, etc, but behind the scenes are working to take everything away. This next election will be the most important in our history.

Archived