TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone here into Guns?????????????????

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If anyone has Sirius radio, my husband will be on NRA News tonight at 11 or 11:30pm discussing a big Second Amendment case we just won in NY State. Listen in! :yahoo:

Fill us in............dont haveSatellite Radio................. :shift:

Here's a couple of my IPSC race guns, the 1911 is a STI Eagle (.45ACP) with 14 round dbl. stack mags., comp and Aimpoint, it was built locally by Competition Gun Works. The Glock is a Robar custom model 34 (9mm) with beavertail and grip modifications, mag well, titanium innards, ported barrel with Robar's NP3 coating, adjustable sights and 21 round extended mags.

dpjy3s.jpg

Here's a couple of my IPSC race guns, the 1911 is a STI Eagle (.45ACP) with 14 round dbl. stack mags., comp and Aimpoint, it was built locally by Competition Gun Works. The Glock is a Robar custom model 34 (9mm) with beavertail and grip modifications, mag well, titanium innards, ported barrel with Robar's NP3 coating, adjustable sights and 21 round extended mags.

Damn, Jay! It seems that anything you do, you do very seriously. Beautiful firearms. Seeing as how I bought your Watts Link when you were done with it, let me know if you ever need to thin out your firearms herd -- seriously.

Jim

dpjy3s.jpg

Can I be your new bestest buddy?

Can I be your new bestest buddy?

Sure Doc, but only if you like .22 target pistols too... :)

The four High Standard pistols on the bottom of the picture and the one Pardini (lower right) are documented US Olympic team pistols that competed in the various Olympic matches over the last 44 years. The Pardini is a .22 short and was used in 10-meter rapid fire matches, it has a electrically activated trigger mechanism and wrap over wood grip.

vr6o01.jpg

108ehps.jpg

34ij03q.jpg

Top, High Standard 5.5" bull barrel Citation (.22 LR) with weights, removeable comp. and supported wood grip, bottom, High Std. long barreled Olympic Citation (.22 Short) 'space gun' with 10.5" comp. barrel on the bottom (1 of 250 made)

2yzh9ie.jpg

Top, High Std. Trophy (.22 LR) 8.5" barrel and presentation finish; bottom, High Std. Olympic (.22 Short) with gold inlay & Olympic rings in presentation finish (1 of 1000, but factory records report HS made less than 850)

2zpjf4i.jpg

High Std. Supermatic (.22 LR), "US" marked "6th Army Marksmanship Training Unit" pistol with 99% Parkerized finish, original mag. and box.

jrpweg.jpg

I am speechless....nice guns everyone!!!! And I thought I had a thing or two for firearms.....

I'm blown away too! Nice stuff. I don't have fancy pix of mine....S&W M&P 9mm std. No internal lock, no mag safety. 17 rds of Hornady hollow points.

For the legally astute in the room, please make note that I don't live within the city limits of Chicago. :slapfight:

bj

Thanks for posting that link, I've spammed it out to masses...

Anyone into M1 Garands or 1898 US Krag-Jorgensen rifles?

All correct, original finish Korea era Springfield M1 Garand

vpyixx.jpg

qzqgpk.jpg

All correct Italian walnut stocked 1898 Krag with original finish & 1900 cartouche (less than 10,000 made with Italian walnut stocks)

6ohquf.jpg

1zqx9nt.jpg

23jlwqu.jpg

That is a nice gun but I personally do not like revolvers without the hammer, I know it serves a purpose in the meaning that it wont get caught in your shirt or belt and its good for concealed but to pull the trigger and having a accurate shot you have to practice a lot. I've been looking for a S&W .38 special that interchanges with the .357 rounds-those are bad-a$$...

Any .357 revolver should be able to chamber .38+P ammo. If you buy a .357 you can just shoot it with .38 if you find it more controllable. Obviously, check the manual first to make sure its safe in your gun.

I have a S&W 360PD 1 7/8 in barrel. It a great little gun, kick is snappy but its got nice rubber grips that soak it up really well. It has a exposed hammer, weights 12 oz or so.

http://www.genitron.com/REV-SW-360PD/SW-360PD.html

BTW revolvers can jam, I've had cases ram against the recoil shield preventing the cylinder from rotating. Unusual, but it has happened to me 2 or 3 times over the years. It not quick to clear either.

I've never had a glock jam. Had misfires with "range ammo" a couple times. Never with commercial stuff. This is out of thousands of rounds.

Glocks are more suseptible to trigger snags, a good holster is a must, but they are pretty safe. In a perfect world, a glock with a grip safety would be good. There are situations where a clip disconnect could be a liability such as a broken clip. A single shot glock in a bad situation is better than a no shot one.

KC666 :rockon:

Sure Doc, but only if you like .22 target pistols too... :)

The four High Standard pistols on the bottom of the picture and the one Pardini (lower right) are documented US Olympic team pistols that competed in the various Olympic matches over the last 44 years. The Pardini is a .22 short and was used in 10-meter rapid fire matches, it has a electrically activated trigger mechanism and wrap over wood grip.

vr6o01.jpg

108ehps.jpg

34ij03q.jpg

Top, High Standard 5.5" bull barrel Citation (.22 LR) with weights, removeable comp. and supported wood grip, bottom, High Std. long barreled Olympic Citation (.22 Short) 'space gun' with 10.5" comp. barrel on the bottom (1 of 250 made)

2yzh9ie.jpg

Top, High Std. Trophy (.22 LR) 8.5" barrel and presentation finish; bottom, High Std. Olympic (.22 Short) with gold inlay & Olympic rings in presentation finish (1 of 1000, but factory records report HS made less than 850)

2zpjf4i.jpg

High Std. Supermatic (.22 LR), "US" marked "6th Army Marksmanship Training Unit" pistol with 99% Parkerized finish, original mag. and box.

jrpweg.jpg

I like everything that goes boom! From the 22 cals to the 8" howitzers I had the pleasure of shooting when I was in the Marine Corps.

Any .357 revolver should be able to chamber .38+P ammo. If you buy a .357 you can just shoot it with .38 if you find it more controllable. Obviously, check the manual first to make sure its safe in your gun.

I have a S&W 360PD 1 7/8 in barrel. It a great little gun, kick is snappy but its got nice rubber grips that soak it up really well. It has a exposed hammer, weights 12 oz or so.

BTW revolvers can jam, I've had cases ram against the recoil shield preventing the cylinder from rotating. Unusual, but it has happened to me 2 or 3 times over the years. It not quick to clear either.

I've never had a glock jam. Had misfires with "range ammo" a couple times. Never with commercial stuff. This is out of thousands of rounds.

Glocks are more suseptible to trigger snags, a good holster is a must, but they are pretty safe. In a perfect world, a glock with a grip safety would be good. There are situations where a clip disconnect could be a liability such as a broken clip. A single shot glock in a bad situation is better than a no shot one.

I know I've been out of guns for 15 years, but back in the day a revolver jam like that was from over-pressured rounds displacing the primer. It's a warning.

I'm blown away too! Nice stuff. I don't have fancy pix of mine....S&W M&P 9mm std. No internal lock, no mag safety. 17 rds of Hornady hollow points.

For the legally astute in the room, please make note that I don't live within the city limits of Chicago. :slapfight:

bj

I have a S&W M&P in 45 cal and 9mm sub-compact. They are nice guns, IMHO. I just ordered a set of Crimson Trace grips for the 9mm because my bi-focals screw with me trying to get a sight picture.

I have had a revolver jam only one time and it was my fault. I had placed too much lubrication under the star extractor and unburnt powder collected there which pushed the casings backward. I learned my lesson. The ultra light weight revolvers will jam with the 357 if you do not use the correct weight of bullet. There is so much kinetic energy that after the first couple of shots the bullets actually move forward and out of their seating in the casing. It acts just like a bullet puller with pulling the projectile forward and it will prevent roration of the cylinder. Usually the instructions will say to use at least 125 grain. I concur re the 38+P in the right configuration.

I like everything that goes boom! From the 22 cals to the 8" howitzers I had the pleasure of shooting when I was in the Marine Corps.

Morning Doc and Semper Fidelis my fellow Devil Dog, I knew there were other reasons why I like you :D

I wanted to post up some pictures of my sniper rifles but wasn't able to get to it done yesterday, it will have to wait now until Monday.

Morning Doc and Semper Fidelis my fellow Devil Dog, I knew there were other reasons why I like you :D

I wanted to post up some pictures of my sniper rifles but wasn't able to get to it done yesterday, it will have to wait now until Monday.

Ooooh-RAH!

Sniper rifles? Now I know I want to be your bestest buddy! I definitely want to see those pictures. The rifle that I used as a police sniper was totally custom made based on a Mauser 98 action, (at that time, Remington 700 actions were hard to come by). The guys used to give me crap because of the long barrel - saying that all I had to do was reach out and smack the suspect on the top of the head with the end of the barrel - but the dang thing tightly key-holed three shot groups at 100 yards with cheap, Black Hills, (at least it was cheap in 1992), 150 grains. I had it set up for optimum weight of bullets of 168 grain HP Federal Match Grade ammo. The trigger pull was set at 1 pound, (couldn't get a double set trigger for the 98). My scope was a Redfield police sniper scope.

If you shoot yourself, then you are being negligent. For a personal self-defense firearm, I like the Glock for simplicity. Many people in the heat of the moment have not got a round off in self-defense (including police officers) because they forgot to click the safety off costing them precious seconds in a life or death situation. You can minimize this with repeated training, unfortunately many people don't ever put in this kind of effort and have never been faced with a life threatening event where even the simplest of actions become difficult. So I personally believe in the Glock or a double action revolver like a S&W...especially for women. If you treat the weapon as if it were loaded at all times, never point it at anything you don't intend to shoot and keep your finger straight and off the trigger at all times until ready to shoot, you will be fine. When deciding to do any kind of maintenance, clear the weapon by first removing the magazine and then ejecting the chambered round!

Went back and re-read some old posts. I'm really not THIS far behind. That said...............................

+1111111111111111

My M&P 9mm has no internal lock or mag disconnect. It also has a doofus-proof sentence on the side of the weapon that states that it can fire with the mag out. The S&W M&P series can be bought with no safety in most states. When I was growing up, with firearms, I was tought to never have your finger in the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot (the last thing you do after making certain that you're never pointing that thing at something you don't intend to destroy).

I use a Blackhawk holster that requires my forefinger to be straight down the side of it to release the weapon. As it clears, my finger naturally lies down the side of the weapon, over the trigger guard.

As a pilot and a SCUBA instructor, I understand the value of repetition. It is practice....practice again....review and practice again. I've never understood how a pilot can have fuel exhaustion or how a diver can run out of air. For those same reasons, I can't understand how any responsible gun owner can shoot themselves or anyone else by accident. I have two friends that have shot themselves in the ass with a 1911 be tugging it out of a holster. Freakin amazing.

bj

Went back and re-read some old posts. I'm really not THIS far behind. That said...............................

+1111111111111111

My M&P 9mm has no internal lock or mag disconnect. It also has a doofus-proof sentence on the side of the weapon that states that it can fire with the mag out. The S&W M&P series can be bought with no safety in most states. When I was growing up, with firearms, I was tought to never have your finger in the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot (the last thing you do after making certain that you're never pointing that thing at something you don't intend to destroy).

I use a Blackhawk holster that requires my forefinger to be straight down the side of it to release the weapon. As it clears, my finger naturally lies down the side of the weapon, over the trigger guard.

As a pilot and a SCUBA instructor, I understand the value of repetition. It is practice....practice again....review and practice again. I've never understood how a pilot can have fuel exhaustion or how a diver can run out of air. For those same reasons, I can't understand how any responsible gun owner can shoot themselves or anyone else by accident. I have two friends that have shot themselves in the ass with a 1911 be tugging it out of a holster. Freakin amazing.

bj

Many have shot themselves with the glock when it is time to clean. Yes everyone should drop the mag first and then rack the slide. But some forget. That is why I recommend the S&W M&P, with mag safety disconnect, for everyone that wants an auto. That way it is no longer an issue. To me the glock is a good gun but it has a failed design. That being that you have to pull the trigger before disassembling. That is not necessary with the M&P. S&W sat back for many years and started their design with a clean sheet of paper. I had input in the design and stressed the need for a mag safety disconnect. I also think the interchangable back straps to accomdate different size hands is a plus for everyone. The glock was good but like anything else it has been vastly improved upon with the new M&P IMO. Both are very accurate, very reliable, but the M&P is, IMO, safer.

Many have shot themselves with the glock when it is time to clean. Yes everyone should drop the mag first and then rack the slide. But some forget. That is why I recommend the S&W M&P, with mag safety disconnect, for everyone that wants an auto. That way it is no longer an issue. To me the glock is a good gun but it has a failed design. That being that you have to pull the trigger before disassembling. That is not necessary with the M&P. S&W sat back for many years and started their design with a clean sheet of paper. I had input in the design and stressed the need for a mag safety disconnect. I also think the interchangable back straps to accomdate different size hands is a plus for everyone. The glock was good but like anything else it has been vastly improved upon with the new M&P IMO. Both are very accurate, very reliable, but the M&P is, IMO, safer.

I don't mean to hijack the thread and speaking of the Glock how about a little comic relief, You may have already seen this but as serious as it is notice how the "instructor" plays it off and the student’s reaction to his picking up another weapon. "I'm the only one in this room professional enough to carry this Glock .40". Very funny stuff.

I don't mean to hijack the thread and speaking of the Glock how about a little comic relief, You may have already seen this but as serious as it is notice how the "instructor" plays it off and the student’s reaction to his picking up another weapon. "I'm the only one in this room professional enough to carry this Glock .40". Very funny stuff.

I believe he was a DEA agent. He sued the DEA after this film made the you tube circuit claiming that he had been ridiculed by his own agency and that they had released the film. I do not know if he was awarded any monies or not.

Hey all you GUN Owners. Check out what R Elect President wants to do in the near future. I think Obama does have a highER Calling.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_s...omo_code=70E5-1

Why didn't we ALL know this before he was elected

Or did we.

Archived