TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SoCal Team Shelby Weekend

ShelbyPilot

I have an idea for an unofficial SoCal Team Shelby and friends weekend.

The weekend July 26 & 27th

Saturday July 26th

1. Cars & Coffee

2. A mid day rally

3. John Force Cruise Night (hosted by OC Mustang Club)

Sunday July 27th

1. Open Track event at CA speedway (SpeedVentures)

I know it is only about a month away but I just noticed the pieces fitting together. I will do the planning and contacting if there is enough interest. I am also open to ideas for Friday evening. Maybe something in the LA or South Bay area. What night is Bob's Big Boy cruise. The Saturday events I have are free and will only cost you gas and food. The track event will probably be about $250 plus extras if you want a garage, transponder or instructor. However, typically they have an autocross practice set up for about $75. I'll have to confirm the autocross.

I would like to keep it open and informal. That way people can attend what portions they would like and not be roped into the whole weekend. Any registration will be on your own. If we get enough people to commit and register for the track event, I MAY be able to get us an exclusive run group.

I will already be attending the John Force Cruise and track event.

Anybody interested????

Saturday July 26th

1. Cars & Coffee

2. A mid day rally

Sunday July 27th

I know it is only about a month away but I just noticed the pieces fitting together. I will do the planning and contacting if there is enough interest. I am also open to ideas for Friday evening. Maybe something in the LA or South Bay area. What night is Bob's Big Boy cruise. The Saturday events I have are free and will only cost you gas and food. The track event will probably be about $250 plus extras if you want a garage, transponder or instructor. However, typically the have an autocross practice set up for about $75. I'll have to confirm the autocross.

I would like to keep it open and informal. That way people can attend what portions they would like and not be roped into the whole weekend. Any registration will be on your own. If we get enough people to commit and register for the track event, I MAY be able to get us an exclusive run group.

Anybody interested????

I'm in. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thats a pic of MY500SS's S/S from cars and coffee last Saturday. As far as # 3, I need to check my wifes schedule!

Ah, got it.

Shelby #18 had his 3 day old SS at the same track event in May. He had plenty of fun.

Also, those interested. Keep in mind I want to do this weekend so you can attend all or part of the activities. The more the merrier but if you can't come to the track it would still be great to see you Saturday for all or part. The opposite would be true if you can't make it Saturday.

As far as Friday. If there isn't a cruise night or something to do we may be able to just have a meet and greet at a local establishment. Maybe even one that serves adult beverages.

Sure, I'm in, and I'm fairly certain that Shelby Steve would like to attend as well as a few other TS members that meet in Calabasas almost every Sunday morning; especally on the last Sunday of the month.

With regards to Friday nights, Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake (Burbank) is always a lock unless it's raining or too cold. Bob's has been there for decades and always has a good family vibe going on. There is also a gathering in Northridge at a restaturant called Flames, and while there is a good complement of classic hot rod's there, a few of the other attendees of this gathering can be a bit more "edgy" (Lambo doored Chrysler 300's, Mitsubishi Evo's, modded honda's, who love blasting their sub-woofers).

There is also another Friday night gathering that only runs through the summer months, and it's held at the Ruby's diner located at the Redondo Beach Pier. This gathering also has a good family atmosphere; has a very good turn out of cars, and a very nice view of the sun seting behind the Marina.

For logistical reasons (Friday night traffic jams on almost every freeway), Bob's would be the best venue IMO because it usually remains crowded until well past 10:30PM as opposed to the other gatherings that tend to break apart around 8:00PM.

Enis,

Thanks for the friday night insight. As I read it I was thinking about the Ruby's option until you mentioned traffic. Oh, the details. Bob's Big Boy is more of a classic and might work. We should keep in mind that Cars & Coffee is an early affair the next morning. Of course we don't have to do all my ideas. Keep the brain storming going.

Tentative attendees

Me

MY500SS

SonofGT

Ducatirider

Thanks Chris;

I am doing the OCTA Bus Roadeo the morning Saturday 26 but will definately be at

John Force that afternoon and also interested in the other weekend events...............

Hi Chris,

I am interested. Only two "if's." One is whether we are done with the umpiring by then (about 50/50). The other is whether I will have my car. It is just a measure of my life that I can control neither. So, put me down as a definite maybe.

Jim

Saturday July 26th

1. Cars & Coffee

2. A mid day rally

Sunday July 27th

I know it is only about a month away but I just noticed the pieces fitting together. I will do the planning and contacting if there is enough interest. I am also open to ideas for Friday evening. Maybe something in the LA or South Bay area. What night is Bob's Big Boy cruise. The Saturday events I have are free and will only cost you gas and food. The track event will probably be about $250 plus extras if you want a garage, transponder or instructor. However, typically they have an autocross practice set up for about $75. I'll have to confirm the autocross.

Anybody interested????

sounds good, what can we do to help?

Hey there,

Would ya mind a Non-Shelby (a Mach1) meeting up with ya at Cars and Coffee? :) Not sure how much of the other stuff I could partake in - but ya never know :)

Page

All our friends are invited. Team Shelby or Shelby car not required. As I type I am trying to talk a SRT8 friend into coming out to the track.

Hi Chris,

I am interested. Only two "if's." One is whether we are done with the umpiring by then (about 50/50). The other is whether I will have my car. It is just a measure of my life that I can control neither. So, put me down as a definite maybe.

Jim

Jim, I hope you have your car by then but it isn't required. Maybe their are some GT-Hs left at the airport.

Screw it, ill suck down a gallon of coffee and dust off the haze from Vegas. I am going to go to the track meet on the 27th to at least meet some of you all :) I wish I was going to be back in time from Vegas to do the entire weekend, I am bummed!

Cool, I'll put you down for Sunday.

Speaking of which, the information for the track event was just posted today and registration is now open.

The Track fee is $240. Extras (helmet, transponder, garage, instructor) cost more. The autocross practice is $80.

http://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=176

I have to work that weekend but Friday night at Bob's Big Boy sounds doable. What time does that start? One of these days I'll have a weekend off for these local meets. I was thinking of doing the Cars & Coffee thing the next weekend I am off but that is the 4th of July weekend. Will any of you guys be there that weekend?

Tony

Jason,

Sorry not the big oval this month. They do the motorsport "roval" course in November. On that course you come on to the oval in turn 4 through the front straight, turn 1 & 2, then turn into the interior on the back straight.

On July 27th they are using the 1.5 mile interior road course. The only speed limt is your nerve. On the front straight I hit at least 125 and some are faster. For those with little or no experience they will group you into the "White" group and give you an instructor for the first half of the day for free. You can pay for the second half at a beginner discount. In May I was grouped into the White because I had not been with them and had only one previous track day. I didn't use an instructor. By the end of the day they allowed me into an intermediate group. You'll have fun either way.

I did notice they are not having the autocross practice on Sunday.

The course is the black outline in a clockwise direction

Fontana15.jpg

I am registered for Sunday. My cost is $280. $240 entry fee, $20 for a transponder, $20 for a garage spot. You only need the transponder if you want your laps timed. There is free parking in the paddock but it is July and Fontana. $20 is worth it to me. Those spaces are limited.

PS.

The track day organizers provide water through out the day and lunch.

http://speedventures.com/events/attendees....?id=-1999999705

EDIT:

Here is the confirmation email you will receive for Sunday.

Thank you for signing up for Speed Ventures at California Speedway's Short Road Course (Infield). If you did not sign up for our autocross (an additional $70 for those signed up for the track event), I urge you to seriously consider it. Even advanced roadracers have a great time running the autocross course in between run sessions on track. Below is some important event information. Please read it carefully to make sure you do not encounter any problems at the track.

1). Please show up at the track by 7am and go straight to the Garage #3 (G3), the first garage you come to - nearest to the gas pumps - to check in. Please check in BEFORE unloading or working on your car. Check-in will close at 7:55 and the Drivers' Meeting will begin at 8:05am. The Drivers Meeting is mandatory for all drivers - unless you have received clearance from Speed Ventures to show up late.

2). GASOLINE: Make sure you show up with enough gas to run your first session at least! There will be no gas available until 8:40am. Following 8:40am, gas will be available every other hour on the hour (10am, 12 noon, 2pm and 4pm). The attendant will only wait for 10 minutes to sell gas. Gas is purchasable only using CASH. Please bring lots of CASH!

3). LOADING IN ON FRIDAY NIGHT: If you want to unload on Friday night you may do so between 3pm and 8pm. Please notify us if you wish to do so.

4). Car Numbers: You must have car numbers, at least 8" tall, located on both sides and either the front or back of your vehicle. This is mandatory for all drivers. You can make up a 3-digit number - we will notify you if it is in use by another driver at the track.

5). TOW HOOKS are required. If you do not have a tow hook on your car, please figure out a tow point we can use to hook on to in order to pull you off track in the event of a mechanical problem. You are responsible for establishing a tow point - Speed Ventures will not be responsible for any damage done to your car.

6). The tech form is a must-have at the event. Be sure to print it out, fill it out before the event, and bring it with you to registration:http://www.speedventures.com/events/tech.doc

7). There is also a track event checklist available if you're not sure what you should bring: http://www.speedventures.com/events/trackchecklist.doc As always, the FAQ should answer the most commonly-asked questions:http://www.speedventures.com/faqs.aspx thanks,the Speed Ventures crew

Archived