TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Glass top Blk on Blk spotted

JeffJ

While at the Mustang Challenge and Grand Am Rolex race this weekend in Mid-Ohio, I caught these shots of a Manufacturer's Black on Black GT500KR test car with a glass back roof. It was very dirty from all the rain we got, but was still pretty cool. There was no dash plaque, so a real test car. Note the manufacturer plate and yellow sticker in the windshield. This is Ford's test car number. Sorry for the quality, this is from my camera phone. Enjoy

GT500KR8.JPG

GT500KR7.JPG

GT500KR6.JPG

GT500KR5.JPG

GT500KR4.JPG

GT500KR3.JPG

GT500KR2.JPG

GT500KR1.JPG

That's got to make Ron Pratt Happy to see considering he was to have & purchase the ONLY ONE EVER MADE! So much for exclusivity at BJ/SAI even if it's a proto-type

Coldy, I think that Ron spent the money for the opportunity to have one of very the first production KR's (#2?), and Carroll's KR is supposed to be the only one with a GB roof on it.

Coldy, I think that Ron spent the money for the opportunity to have one of very the first production KR's (#2?), and Carroll's KR is supposed to be the only one with a GB roof on it.

One-of-a-Kind means just that in my book

he's the link to the story about it from TS

http://www.teamshelby.com/index.php?catego...2_articleid=219

Shelby GT500KR with Glass Roof

The 540-horsepower Shelby GT500KR on the block at Barrett-Jackson is a unique rendition of the most powerful factory-built Mustang ever. Shelby GT500KR production began in Las Vegas on Jan. 11, Carroll Shelby’s 85th birthday. The one-of-one ebony black GT500KR up for auction will feature the same full glass roof that is being offered as an option on the 2009 V-6 Mustang and Mustang GT models only.

The glass roof provides a third roof option for customers and responds to their growing desire for more natural light. The glass is tinted, which reduces both infrared rays and vehicle cool down time by 50 percent. Production of large sunroofs has increased nearly 200 percent in North America since 2003, according to Just-autos.com.

While the Shelby GT500KR coupe features racing stripes over the roof, the unique glass roof on the auction model features stripes etched directly into the glass.

“Barrett-Jackson will be a rare opportunity for one lucky bidder to own a Shelby GT500KR with a glass roof, a car no one else can even buy,” said Carroll Shelby. “It’s been too long, but I’m very excited to have the ‘King of the Road’ back.”

Guys this is the prototype, it is scheduled to be destroyed. Ron Pratt will have the only one. we just finished it, the one in the pictures above was the one shown at BJ, it was built for the show, has no badge, wasn't built at Shelby, it will be destroyed.

Amy

Thanks Amy. I certainly wasn't meaning to cause any strife. Just saw the car and thought it would be neat to catch some shots. To bad about it's destruction, :cry: but I know that is what happens to these prototypes.

Guys this is the prototype, it is scheduled to be destroyed. Ron Pratt will have the only one. we just finished it, the one in the pictures above was the one shown at BJ, it was built for the show, has no badge, wasn't built at Shelby, it will be destroyed.

Amy

If they need someone to destroy it, let me know...... LOL... what a shame....How about I buy it for cheap, take off the KR stuff?

Personally, I just don't like black on black. The stripes don't "pop" nor do the door stripes. Great find though...hmm, if that car just happened to dissapear...just like the original James Bond car. Was stolen and had not been seen since. Check out this link for those who might not know about this mystery: 007 theft story

Amy

Thank you for clearing this up AMY, hope my comments didn't offend you. But why is the car still around if it's a proto-type & no longer needed?

Someone at FORD needs to stuff this car in a corner of some forgotten warehouse only to be resurrected in 30+ years.

This way we'll have these cool one-offs, like the '68 Green Hornet (Shelby Coupe).

Now, if we can only find "Little Red" the '67 Shelby Coupe....

Thank you for clearing this up AMY, hope my comments didn't offend you. But why is the car still around if it's a proto-type & no longer needed?

They are storing it and I believed it was being moved when these were taken. I heard it went on the destroy list last

Amy

While at the Mustang Challenge and Grand Am Rolex race this weekend in Mid-Ohio, I caught these shots of a Manufacturer's Black on Black GT500KR test car with a glass back roof. It was very dirty from all the rain we got, but was still pretty cool. There was no dash plaque, so a real test car. Note the manufacturer plate and yellow sticker in the windshield. This is Ford's test car number. Sorry for the quality, this is from my camera phone. Enjoy

GT500KR8.JPG

GT500KR7.JPG

GT500KR6.JPG

GT500KR5.JPG

GT500KR4.JPG

GT500KR3.JPG

GT500KR2.JPG

GT500KR1.JPG

Nice

Why do they have to destroy it, can't they donate it to SAI for display?

LOL, that would be great then there would be 2, not one....

Archived