TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My car delivered today DAMAGED!!!! ALSO Shelby factory DEFECT, IM PISSED

This is officially one of the worst days of my life. I need HELP, Please. I was literally crying and my wife was telling me it is only a car. The dealer has pics of the car leaving perfect and the driver of the carrier swears he never seen anything even when he picked it up. I hope the Factory Shelby defects will be taken care of from Shelby. It's under the hood scoop. The stripes are wrinkled under the scoop. (pics below) The out of state dealer told me he will call Shelby for me. Is there a phone number I could call to get this fixed??? Also with the delivery damage, if and when I get paid for it, CAN I SHIP THIS CAR BACK TO SHELBY and have them fix it?????. I will pay anything! Do you guys think this is possible??? I am just so upset. I will never buy out of state agian. I would rather pay sticker. I told the dealer to take this back and I would pay sticker for another one and thats not happening. Please someone give me advice. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

First the delivery damage...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...ydamage2002.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...ydamage2001.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...bydamage001.jpg

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...bydamage012.flv

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...bydamage002.jpg

And now the Factory damage.....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...bydefect001.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...bydefect006.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...bydefect009.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...bydefect010.jpg

I have seen wrinkled stripes like that on several cars at dealer lots. I would say it has something to do with the hood and scoop interacting through temperature changes. I am sure SAI and Ford Racing will take care of that through the warranty process. That won't cost you anything but time and frustration.

As far as the damage on the fascia and the driver side rocker strip. Was that damaged at the dealer you bought it from or in transit. I doubt the dealer would have accepted the car like that from SAI. So it happened at the dealership or in transit. It should be one of their responsibilities. I really feel for you. Good Luck.

The front fascia scuffs and side rocker panel decals are easy fixes and there is no need to ship the car back to SAI for repairs. You'll have to read the earlier threads on the hood scoop issues and decide a separate course of action for that.

I definitely feel for you. I would have freaked out too.<br /><br />Consider for the front fascia damage that the enclosed truck has the ramps to clear the wheel wells. To a much lesser extent, when we shipped our cars out to the Birthday Bash, I saw my fascia had a small amount of that same damage. the guy should have put a board under the wheels to lift it just a little to prevent the scraping/wear.<br /><br />For the side stripe, I would also consider the possibility that if the car wasn't covered, maybe he had straps coming around the fender and it could have worn the stripe.<br /><br />I'm not an expert, I am just giving a thought to reasons for the damage.<br /><br />Since I see you live in NY, I would strongly consider taking your car to Tasca Ford. Email Dennis Gomes (dgomes@tasca.com). I am confident he can make it perfect. If/when you come up, let me know ahead of time so we can meet. I am an hour away from Tasca.<br /><br />Good luck.<br /><br />Adam

I feel for you, I bought my red GT500 coupe from out of state and had it delivered.....never again! I came to work in the morning because I got the call the car was here. It was 6:00 am I drove the 27 miles and couldn't wait to see my Red Coupe!

I pulled in the lot and there sat the car hauler with my Shelby on the bottom row and a bunch of Beemers on the top! It looked terrible!!!! It was all grungy you couldn't even see out the winshield! The driver waited for me to pull it off and when it came off he showed me on the Right rear 1/4 where the dealer had a lot guy try to buff out a scratch and couldn't! I was pissed! I went next door and ran the Shelby through scrub-a-dub so I could see that it was really all red.

I contacted the dealer and they were very nice about trying to take care of the scratch.....but they should have told me! They gave me a $400.00 check back and I spent a couple of hours with 2000 grit sandpaper and buffing compound. I have a hard time finding it now even in the sun.

Moral of the story, buying without seeing in person and having transported is only for Beemers and Audi's...our Shelbys are just cars to most people!

I hope you have a happy outcome on this and wish you the best.

Steve

Adam,

Thanks for the info. Consider me coming up. You are DEAD BALLS CORRECT> The strap did this. I also noticed that the strap pulled the rocker panel away from the car and indented the fender (PICTURED BELOW) Do you still think he could make it perfect???

Driver's side....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...apdamage001.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...apdamage003.jpg

Pass side...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyy...apdamage004.jpg

I definitely feel for you. I would have freaked out too.

Consider for the frond fascia damage that the enclosed truck has the ramps to clear the wheel wells. To a much lessre extent, when we shipped our cars out to the Birthday Bash, I saw my fascia had a small amount of that same damage. the guy should have put a board under the wheels to lift it just a little to prevent the scraping/wear.

For the side stripe, I would also consider the possibility that if the car wasn't covered, maybe he had straps coming around the fender and it could have worn the stripe.

I'm not an expert, I am just giving a thought to reasons for the damage.

Since I see you live in NY, I would strongly consider taking your car to Tasca Ford. Email Dennis Gomes (dgomes@tasca.com). I am confident he can make it perfect. If/when you come up, let me know ahead of time so we can meet. I am an hour away from Tasca.

Good luck.

Adam

Scotty, You have a couple of things working in your favor here...If you'll go back to your post "Money Talks", and you look at the picture of the car on the top, you'll notice that the side rocker stripe is NOT damaged in that photo, AND you can see the cause of the damage on the front facia from the rails at the front of the truck...He hit them when he pulled it up there...in other words, "He Parked it by EAR!!!" So with the exception of the stripes, and I'd almost bet they were like that before the car ever got on the truck, you've got proof of how the damage occurred and that it was not there before the car was loaded on the truck! GO GET THE DRIVER AND DELIVERY COMPANY on that one!!!! Print out your pictures and keep them handy!!!

Good luck brother! Your wife is right, it IS only a car...it can be fixed, and SAI or the dealer will make the stripes right somehow when they figure out how to do it right! I guess I'm one of the lucky few who have not experienced the dreaded hood scoop issues, (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!), but if I do, I'll be looking for the CS8 hood or another alternative...Yes, I like the scoop, but if it's that big of a PITA, it should be recalled and something else done...just my $.02 worth, but we all know what that'll get you too....LOL

Relax, Take a Deep Breath, and get a chunk of the deliver companies butt on this one, then go for the dealer on the hood stripes....

The stripe issue around the hood scoop appears to be a common issue. We have one that has the same issues and that is how it came from SAI.

The side stripe is a simple fix. Just need to replace that small front section is all.

The front facia is a Ford factory part and has nothing to do with SAI. That part can be ordered through any Ford parts department and easily replaced at any Ford body shop department.

The driver should have forms filled out showing whether there was any damage present when picking up the car. They are responsible for looking over the car and inspecting for any damage. For the most part those drivers look them over pretty close because in cases like this they become responsible for the damage if they don't catch it prior to picking up the car. So if the damage was there they should have caught it and checked it off on their paper work along with getting a signature from the dealer acknowledging it was there so the driver is not held responsible.

As for the hood scoop issue, here are pics of the one I have sitting on the showroom floor.

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

The stripe issue around the hood scoop appears to be a common issue. We have one that has the same issues and that is how it came from SAI.

The side stripe is a simple fix. Just need to replace that small front section is all.

The front facia is a Ford factory part and has nothing to do with SAI. That part can be ordered through any Ford parts department and easily replaced at any Ford body shop department.

The driver should have forms filled out showing whether there was any damage present when picking up the car. They are responsible for looking over the car and inspecting for any damage. For the most part those drivers look them over pretty close because in cases like this they become responsible for the damage if they don't catch it prior to picking up the car. So if the damage was there they should have caught it and checked it off on their paper work along with getting a signature from the dealer acknowledging it was there so the driver is not held responsible.

As for the hood scoop issue, here are pics of the one I have sitting on the showroom floor.

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

That's awful to have that sitting on the showroom floor!!! Who would buy one with that already on there? I certainly wouldn't, not even if there was a huge discount associated with it....Fix it, then put it on the show room floor...What is the CSM number on that one by the way? Inquiring minds want to know!

Motorjock,

Man you are right. Thats where the damage came from. That is exactly where the damage took place. Damn, It's my fault. I told the guy to put it up top. And I should of payed the extra $500 for an enclosed transport. SHIT. :rant2:

Scotty, You have a couple of things working in your favor here...If you'll go back to your post "Money Talks", and you look at the picture of the car on the top, you'll notice that the side rocker stripe is NOT damaged in that photo, AND you can see the cause of the damage on the front facia from the rails at the front of the truck...He hit them when he pulled it up there...in other words, "He Parked it by EAR!!!" So with the exception of the stripes, and I'd almost bet they were like that before the car ever got on the truck, you've got proof of how the damage occurred and that it was not there before the car was loaded on the truck! GO GET THE DRIVER AND DELIVERY COMPANY on that one!!!! Print out your pictures and keep them handy!!!

Good luck brother! Your wife is right, it IS only a car...it can be fixed, and SAI or the dealer will make the stripes right somehow when they figure out how to do it right! I guess I'm one of the lucky few who have not experienced the dreaded hood scoop issues, (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!), but if I do, I'll be looking for the CS8 hood or another alternative...Yes, I like the scoop, but if it's that big of a PITA, it should be recalled and something else done...just my $.02 worth, but we all know what that'll get you too....LOL

Relax, Take a Deep Breath, and get a chunk of the deliver companies butt on this one, then go for the dealer on the hood stripes....

That scoop is unacceptable!

The response has to be: If you find a scoop with the dreaded "hood scoop rot" let us know and we'll tell SAI to try to figure out what made that one right so they can copy it and propagate the fix to the rest of us.

They all look like that and we are waiting... Even my second car with only 16 miles and never been out of the garage has it.

Im sorry that the car got damaged. I have shipped a bunch of cars the last year or so. Only one had damage. The transporter covered it and everything is OK. Now it took some time for me and the customer to talk them into paying, but it finally happened.

They do have a fix for the stripe wrinkle, I think. We sold one with the problem and SAI sent new stripes and VERY CLEAR instructions on how to put them on. I think the problem was that SAI was putting the scoops on before the stripes cured and got hard.

Its just a car and it WILL BE FIXED!! I know it can be VERY disappointing when you get this excited about a car and then this happens, but dont let it get you to down. Its going to be fixed and youre going to get to meet ADAM and ROGER!!!!

michael morris

Wow, sorry to hear of this. Adam is right on the straps. That was the first think I though of. The loading, same thing. He hit that facia when moving onto the truck.

It looks like it's more than the side stripes though. Looking at your fender and following the lower body line into the door it looks like it's tweaked. Or is that an optical illusion? Is there paint missing on the inside lip of the fender also?

Not to make you more upset but the carrier is responsible and carries insurance for just this type of thing. They should pay for the damage.

On the hood stripes I was able to see a car that has been on the lot for a few months. Same issue. Warranty will take care of that.

As for having a car shipped sight unseen. I have done my last 3 cars that way and had no issues. Most of what you see is the transporter. It will be fixed and look great. Hang in there and we are here for support when you need us. It will be fine in the end.

Roger

Sorry about the damage, but you'll hopefully be up and running and this ordeal will be history before you know it.

Mustang Scotty- If that was my car I would have been upset as well. That being said I will say this, it will all be repaired and you will meet some incredible people in Ross and Adam. They are absolute Shelby conisuers and will direct you to the right people to take care of your baby. Yes it is just a car but it is your Shelby GT and that makes it a special limited edition factory race car, so any feeling you have had is justified. BUT that being said, dude don't bite your finger nails any lower or you'll be getting blood and then a hospital stay for an infection! Just relax Scotty and all will work out as you have the best helping you, I know that for sure.

Swede

NOTE: Really leave the finger nails alone! :hysterical:

Yes Roger, The body line is tweaked. I hope it can be fixed as new. I just will always know that it was not factory whem I got it. Do you think dennis can fix it right?

Wow, sorry to hear of this. Adam is right on the straps. That was the first think I though of. The loading, same thing. He hit that facia when moving onto the truck.

It looks like it's more than the side stripes though. Looking at your fender and following the lower body line into the door it looks like it's tweaked. Or is that an optical illusion? Is there paint missing on the inside lip of the fender also?

Not to make you more upset but the carrier is responsible and carries insurance for just this type of thing. They should pay for the damage.

On the hood stripes I was able to see a car that has been on the lot for a few months. Same issue. Warranty will take care of that.

As for having a car shipped sight unseen. I have done my last 3 cars that way and had no issues. Most of what you see is the transporter. It will be fixed and look great. Hang in there and we are here for support when you need us. It will be fine in the end.

Roger

You saw my nails huh?

Mustang Scotty- If that was my car I would have been upset as well. That being said I will say this, it will all be repaired and you will meet some incredible people in Ross and Adam. They are absolute Shelby conisuers and will direct you to the right people to take care of your baby. Yes it is just a car but it is your Shelby GT and that makes it a special limited edition factory race car, so any feeling you have had is justified. BUT that being said, dude don't bite your finger nails any lower or you'll be getting blood and then a hospital stay for an infection! Just relax Scotty and all will work out as you have the best helping you, I know that for sure.

Swede

NOTE: Really leave the finger nails alone! :hysterical:

That's awful to have that sitting on the showroom floor!!! Who would buy one with that already on there? I certainly wouldn't, not even if there was a huge discount associated with it....Fix it, then put it on the show room floor...What is the CSM number on that one by the way? Inquiring minds want to know!

Until SAI comes out with a permanent fix like they promised I don't see any point in messing with it only to have to have it repaired again

You may have been one of the lucky ones that didn't have this problem, but it is a wide spread problem that is on a lot of these cars.

The one Scotty just got is another one with this very same issue. Only the dealer failed to point it out to him and just shipped it to him that way. If someone was wanting to buy this I would inform them of this problem so they could have the choice to have it fixed first or wait for the permanent fix from SAI before doing anything. At least they will know about it and won't be covered up by fixing it and never saying anything. Perhaps you would not want to know if your car had been fixed with a problem, and there are LOTS of cars that have been fixed that consumers do not know about, but I think it is better to be honest and up front and let the buyer know before buying it. Yes, I know there will be buyers that would not buy it knowing it had been fixed or needs to be fixed, but I feel it is better they know about it rather than finding out about later in the future. And they may very well find out if they ever asked a dealer to pull an OASIS report because it will show that it had been repaired under warranty and what the repair was. Then I would have to deal with an upset customer later for not disclosing it to them! So isn't it better they can at least see what the problem was rather than just tell them about it but it was fixed??? Better to lose a buyer that knows about it than to hide it by fixing it and never saying anything only to deal with it later should they ever find out in the future after seeing it show up in the OASIS report! Yes?

Scotty, I really feel for you man. :angry2: . After all the anticipation and then to see what the car looked like. What a way to burst your bubble. There's not a lot you can do about it tonight. Throw the wife and the kids in the car and go for a cruise. It'll be the best stress relief you can get right now. You'll get all the bugs worked out, eventually. One more thing, when you meet Adam and Roger, there should be a warning with those two guys. They're both experts at spending money on Shelby's. :dance: LOL But on the other hand it will be a good excuse to tell your wife, that Roger and Adam insisted I add these mods to my car, wheels, tires, SC, brakes, guitars. Only essential things. J/K They are two really nice guys, very helpful, you'll really like them.

Good luck, keep us posted

On top the Shelby stripe perfect.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyyankee/Scott001.jpg

Now I can see where the front valance hit the support rails on loading. But your right it looks good there.

Tasca will do a fine job and you won't even know it was damaged. Give it to them and let them repair the whole car. One of the manager's in their body shop did some pretty awesome work on my 04 Cobra under warranty. It will be fine. And make sure you give Adam and I a call when you have set the appointment and get into town.

Roger

Archived