TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrie Sat Sept 9th

StangFinally

Hi all, didn't know there was a Canadian section...

I have been reading all the Shelby posts that I could to keep up with what has been going on...

For those who don't know me, I am from southern ON, ordered way back Nov 2005 (3rd at our dealer, one dropped out since so I am second), firm order released to plant March, built Aug 4th, WAS to be delivered 16 - 18th, but STILL NO CAR!!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone who already has taken delivery will be at the Barrie swap meet this weekend? I will be there on Saturday and would love to finally see one?

Bert

I have been reading all the Shelby posts that I could to keep up with what has been going on...

For those who don't know me, I am from southern ON, ordered way back Nov 2005 (3rd at our dealer, one dropped out since so I am second), firm order released to plant March, built Aug 4th, WAS to be delivered 16 - 18th, but STILL NO CAR!!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone who already has taken delivery will be at the Barrie swap meet this weekend? I will be there on Saturday and would love to finally see one?

Bert

Welcome Bert, For the longest time I did not know there was a Canadian section either. I got my Shelby on the 27th of July and will be at the Barrie swap tomorrow but I will be there with the pick-up truck hoping to find some tresures to take home. 07 Shelby lives close by so maybe he can bring his to the show. If you just want to meet, pick a spot and a time and I will meet up with you. What colour have you got on order?

Welcome Bert, For the longest time I did not know there was a Canadian section either. I got my Shelby on the 27th of July and will be at the Barrie swap tomorrow but I will be there with the pick-up truck hoping to find some tresures to take home. 07 Shelby lives close by so maybe he can bring his to the show. If you just want to meet, pick a spot and a time and I will meet up with you. What colour have you got on order?

Kevin :

Couldn`t make last week cruise still like to hook -up & see your car. Anything coming up in the future please post me a message.

Bert

Welcome Bert I`am sure you will enjoy the forum.What dealer are you with if you don`t me asking? If you have your vin# you can find out where your car is.

Thanks for the reply.... I have ordered the basic coupe, black with the tungsten stripes. What treasures are you looking for? I am building a 70 XR7 Cougar Conv and have a 66 Valiant Conv. used every chance we get. I will be going to Barrie with a friend of mine and we will be in an old Studebaker Avanti.... plate is LIL Avanti. We should be arriving around 8:30 am and will go to the races after the day of hunting... .maybe we can meet around 6pm?? if you will still be around?

Bert

Kevin :

Couldn`t make last week cruise still like to hook -up & see your car. Anything coming up in the future please post me a message.

Welcome Bert I`am sure you will enjoy the forum.What dealer are you with if you don`t me asking? If you have your vin# you can find out where your car is.

I am in Waterloo, Parkway has been Awesome!! My vin is a little tough to read as it was sent to me via fax, but I am sure of the last 6 numbers for sure....

VHT88S75222832

Any help tracking it would be greatly appreciated. I was advised that it was built Aug 4th, was to ship Aug 16 -18th... delayed, delayed... then could not find it.... then advised all shipments were on hold due to an exhaust issue?? apparently a quick fix but all cars had to be inspected. Initial thoughts were that is was something to do with emissions? Well we all now know it is for a clutch issue... Anyway, I was told they were starting at the end of the line and working their way in until they were done with the inspections, with mine sitting since Aug 4th (or so) they would have to inspect the cars built after mine until they got through the pile...still no idea of timing (as of Wednesday) I haven't talked with my dealer since..

Bert

MMMM Molsen park in town, a long weekend and a concert. We used to get together and buy an entire roll off beer tics, and pre pay for 20 hambugers...I still shake my head at the fact I got through Borden...enjoy folks, and bring GOOD shoes, it takes all day( or two)

Thanks for the reply.... I have ordered the basic coupe, black with the tungsten stripes. What treasures are you looking for? I am building a 70 XR7 Cougar Conv and have a 66 Valiant Conv. used every chance we get. I will be going to Barrie with a friend of mine and we will be in an old Studebaker Avanti.... plate is LIL Avanti. We should be arriving around 8:30 am and will go to the races after the day of hunting... .maybe we can meet around 6pm?? if you will still be around?

Bert

Bert, I am working on a 67 Caprice factory 427 car and a 67 Mustang coup I got from Texas. I am headed north about 4pm but I will look for your car. Black with tungsten eh! I like your choise. Hope you get your car soon so we can get togeather for a Southern Ontario meet . :party:

Bert, I am working on a 67 Caprice factory 427 car and a 67 Mustang coup I got from Texas. I am headed north about 4pm but I will look for your car. Black with tungsten eh! I like your choise. Hope you get your car soon so we can get togeather for a Southern Ontario meet . :party:

Sorry I missed you... with the bad weather we did not take the Stude....

Both cars sound great! Hope you had success in finding stuff... I did and now have a parts source fairly local to me that has disassembled a few Cougars and has other parts available... 'Road Trip!'

South ON party sounds great... would be nice to get the 06-delivery cars together...

Bert

Bert

I was there only I was in my truck. I met up with Dave (07 Shelby) and Robert. we stayed afterwards for the racing which was hilarious. I will definitely be back next year.

By then all of us should have our cars and maybe we could talk to the organizers about giving us dedicated parking. After seeing the parking situation I was sure glad I didn't take the car.

BTW, my car arrived about 4 weeks behind original scheduled date.

I was there only I was in my truck. I met up with Dave (07 Shelby) and Robert. we stayed afterwards for the racing which was hilarious. I will definitely be back next year.

By then all of us should have our cars and maybe we could talk to the organizers about giving us dedicated parking. After seeing the parking situation I was sure glad I didn't take the car.

BTW, my car arrived about 4 weeks behind original scheduled date.

This is our yearly pilgrimage to get our yearend car fix!! 4th or 5th year now and we always go the races afterwards! Wasn't that a great Late Model race?! Too bad they shortened it. I would have liked to have them run the full race rather than that dog tail stuff..... BTW the airborne 55 was directly in front of us... wasn't that fun?

HEY, we are running our 9th annual charity car show in Cambridge this Saturday, Sept 16th. Would you, Dave and Robert be interested in attending? It is called Cops and Cars and is held at the Cambridge Police Headquarters. Last year we had just over 200 cars and gave out about 150 door prizes... $10 to enter and generally a fun filled day.

I learned today that my 500 was inspected on Friday and is not released to ship with no concerns. Expected delivery in Waterloo is 10 - 14 days from now.... can't wait....

Bert

Let me know and I can PM additional information for you.

I'll be out your way tomorrow as we are working at the Post Office in Kitchener. I will be having lunch with the rep on that project. I'll check the weather and if all is good I may take the car out there. Maybe we could hook up and talk about Saturday. There's a great Portuguese restaurant I keep promising to take the wife to so maybe I could disguise the car show as dinner for the family. hmmm ;)

BTW, we must've been at the same corner. We were right in front of the Beer pen.

I'll be out your way tomorrow as we are working at the Post Office in Kitchener. I will be having lunch with the rep on that project. I'll check the weather and if all is good I may take the car out there. Maybe we could hook up and talk about Saturday. There's a great Portuguese restaurant I keep promising to take the wife to so maybe I could disguise the car show as dinner for the family. hmmm ;)

BTW, we must've been at the same corner. We were right in front of the Beer pen.

Gee, walked right by you... We were hiding in the stands just before the pit gates. Gives a good vantage point of the pits for the 'discussions' after the heats. (Boy did the gal from the 29 go after the guy in the 44 in the stock-4 class)... Too bad we didn't get in touch before hand... oh well.

I work in Mississauga (410-401 area)... when are you planning on heading back?? Will ypu be going 401E through Mississauga/Milton? Depending on the time, maybe can meet at a Tim's...

Unfortunately tomorrow they are calling for Scattered Showers in the afternoon 40%...

Let me know and I can PM you a number you can reach me at.

Bert

Archived