TEAM SHELBY FORUM

got my rims and tires on

got my rims on last night. i had an apontment for 10am this morning to get the tires mounted on the rims. so i got to the place (i dont want to say where yet untill i find out how they handle this) and they said yeah its going to take 3 to 4 hours cause we dont want to scratch them. i was like :censored: well ok i guess hoping they would be done sooner so i leave and hang around town (its a 45 mile trip to the place) to see if they will call me. well at 130pm i figure i would call them and see whats up so i pull out the paper work and see what the cost is going to be :shock: 140 dollars to mount and ballance new tires on new rims WTF. well guess what they arnt done yet so ok i head home and pick up my wife we were going to a grad party for a relative at 330pm they call me and say they are done so i headed over (the party was in the area). i ask them about the 140 dollar cost and ask if that includes mounting them on the car he is like sure so i say can you do it now hes like nope but we will have it done by close whens that oh 6pm yeah no thanks. so i load them in the car they are wraped in plastic so they dont get the car dirty. i head back to the party then we head home around 9pm so im like heck with it im puting them on tonight. i pull the plastic off the first one and what do i see but a 3/4 inch scratch on the lip by now im flipping out so i check them all and they all are :censored: up, some more than others but not a one wasnt scratched and scuffed. today they have a vary nice phone call coming and i hope they dont think they arnt buying me new rims.

but they woud look sweet if they wernt :censored: up.

her are the pics bad ones first.

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

i have about 12 to 15 photos like that

ok now here are the good ones well the pics are ok but the look is sweet.

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

got my rims on last night. i had an apontment for 10am this morning to get the tires mounted on the rims. so i got to the place (i dont want to say where yet untill i find out how they handle this) and they said yeah its going to take 3 to 4 hours cause we dont want to scratch them. i was like :censored: well ok i guess hoping they would be done sooner so i leave and hang around town (its a 45 mile trip to the place) to see if they will call me. well at 130pm i figure i would call them and see whats up so i pull out the paper work and see what the cost is going to be :shock: 140 dollars to mount and ballance new tires on new rims WTF. well guess what they arnt done yet so ok i head home and pick up my wife we were going to a grad party for a relative at 330pm they call me and say they are done so i headed over (the party was in the area). i ask them about the 140 dollar cost and ask if that includes mounting them on the car he is like sure so i say can you do it now hes like nope but we will have it done by close whens that oh 6pm yeah no thanks. so i load them in the car they are wraped in plastic so they dont get the car dirty. i head back to the party then we head home around 9pm so im like heck with it im puting them on tonight. i pull the plastic off the first one and what do i see but a 3/4 inch scratch on the lip by now im flipping out so i check them all and they all are :censored: up, some more than others but not a one wasnt scratched and scuffed. today they have a vary nice phone call coming and i hope they dont think they arnt buying me new rims.

Well that sucks. Is this somebody that's done work for you before? I'd make them do right by you. They do look good from a distance though.

Well that sucks. Is this somebody that's done work for you before? I'd make them do right by you. They do look good from a distance though.

nope i usualy go to the smaller places but i wanted these done right for sure so i went with the big guys well i guess it was a big mistake but they "will" be fixing it. and thanks here is a day time pic ill get more soon.

That's pretty terrible. I hope they fix that. They def owe you some new rims. What size are your new tires??

yeah ill get new rims out of it one way or another. the new tires are 245/35 20s on the front and 275/30 20 on the rear.

here is the daytime pic

DSC_0056.jpg

Greaser those wheels look awesome, I was actually up in the air for a while between those and the gunmetal razors, I went with the razors and I am still waiting for them to come in. They do look great on your car, that sucks about the scratch , hopefully they will make it right for you. post some more pics if you can!

Greaser those wheels look awesome, I was actually up in the air for a while between those and the gunmetal razors, I went with the razors and I am still waiting for them to come in. They do look great on your car, that sucks about the scratch , hopefully they will make it right for you. post some more pics if you can!

thanks and will do.

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

i have about 12 to 15 photos like that

ok now here are the good ones well the pics are ok but the look is sweet.

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

You know, that was the biggest fear I had when I chose to team up with a tire store to offer wheel and tire packages to everyone. Fortunately, I have a guy right in my complex who ends up fixing all the problems the other tire stores in the area create. Does the guy you went to use a "european tire changer"? They are supposed to be better in that they do not have a chance of scraping around the rim. Though from your photos, it looks more like rough, careless handling which is a shame because with a little care and caution on his part, you would have what you wanted and be on your way... not on your way back to wirng his neck!

Good choice on the style though!

Archived