TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Wheel Issues

Sudguy4

Hey Guys & Gals,

I know someone has discussed this in a prior thread, but I could not find it, so I am starting a new thread now. I have had my car for almost two months, and was just briefly looking at my undercarriage detailing that I did the other day. For the first time ever, I noticed what appears to be a little inner-wheel scraping from where my car was either driven on/off the railroad carrier, or the truck carrier. I know a few of you out there experienced this same thing, and was wondering how bad it was for you?

The car seems to drive just fine. I've had it up to 120+, and no vibration issues. Again, it's not major, but I really wanted to keep the wheels all original. Is this something that has to be replaced, or should I just lust after a set of Aloca's and put these up for show purposes later down the road? :happy feet:

Thanks!

Sudguy4

Looks like your 24 hours to report it has come and gone.

Thanks Grabber for the help as usual. Again, it's pretty minor. I just need to take the wheels off and detail them really well to see if anyting is really wrong. I think overall a little cleaning and inspection is all they need. Wanna come use your mad detailing skills in AL? :happy feet:

or should I just lust after a set of Aloca's and put these up for show purposes later down the road?

Any excuse to get the Alcoas is the right answer to this question.

jim

Any excuse to get the Alcoas is the right answer to this question.

jim

I am all about effective solutions to small problems......if anyone would like to contribute to the Alcoa Wheel Upgrade Fund, feel free to P.M. me. Direct deposits or money orders gladly accepted.

Grabber, are you feeling any conviction yet? :drool:

Good news! :happy feet:

I crawled back under the front of the car this evening with a small paper towel with a little laquer thinner on it, and bam, all the black marks came off the inside of the wheel. I was incorrect when I thought I had front wheel damage. It was black gooey stuff that came off on my rag, so I think it was some type of lube used in mounting possibly? Whatever it is, it comes off, and my wheels look great....now I just need to find some good ramps to drive it up on so I can clean ALL OF THE WHEEL!

Wouldn't it be easier to clean the wheel if you just removed it from the car? :shrug:

:lol:

Good point! :hysterical: I COULD jack the car up, but the wheels have not been off the ground since it left AAI, so I wanted to see how long I could go without having to jack it up. No worries though....GRABBER suggested some nice ramps in one of his threads.....

Did I mention I a little quirky about things? :jackinbox:

Archived