TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Suspension Noise

I took my '08 GT500 Vert to be looked at by a tech for front end noise.

The front end tech rode in the car and acknoledged the noise I am hearing, however, said that all GT500's make the same noise and that it is directly because of the tires and stiff suspension. He reported that they removed the tires and checked every bolt, etc... and everything is correct.

It is a thunk noise in the front end on low speed impacts / tar lines, etc... Above 40mph it cannot be heard.

The sound is a single thunk that seems to move thru the front end of the car. It seems to resonate a bit, and that is what makes it so noticeable.

It is not travel related because I can bounce the front end up and down and it is silent.

I looked around on the internet and found that the '05-'06 cars had a noise described like I think mine is, and the fix involved different strut mounts at the top and under car reiforcement (which our GT500's have). They had a TSB, but it clearly wouldn't cover an '08GT500 and I would assume that my '08GT500 would have all the updated parts anyway, yet, it seems like something is moving a bit, and the dealer says everything checks out.

Maybe I am expecting it to be quiter that it should be???

If the dealer thinks all is well and I feel it isn't, what is my next step?

I took my '08 GT500 Vert to be looked at by a tech for front end noise.

The front end tech rode in the car and acknoledged the noise I am hearing, however, said that all GT500's make the same noise and that it is directly because of the tires and stiff suspension. He reported that they removed the tires and checked every bolt, etc... and everything is correct.

It is a thunk noise in the front end on low speed impacts / tar lines, etc... Above 40mph it cannot be heard.

The sound is a single thunk that seems to move thru the front end of the car. It seems to resonate a bit, and that is what makes it so noticeable.

It is not travel related because I can bounce the front end up and down and it is silent.

I looked around on the internet and found that the '05-'06 cars had a noise described like I think mine is, and the fix involved different strut mounts at the top and under car reiforcement (which our GT500's have). They had a TSB, but it clearly wouldn't cover an '08GT500 and I would assume that my '08GT500 would have all the updated parts anyway, yet, it seems like something is moving a bit, and the dealer says everything checks out.

Maybe I am expecting it to be quiter that it should be???

If the dealer thinks all is well and I feel it isn't, what is my next step?

I think you have a defective strut.

I have an 07' coupe, no thunk. If it's not to inconvienient I would consider taking the car to another dealership. If that's not possible I would request that your local dealership setup a meeting with you and a field engineer.

I have an 07' coupe, no thunk. If it's not to inconvienient I would consider taking the car to another dealership. If that's not possible I would request that your local dealership setup a meeting with you and a field engineer.

That is good advice.My 08' makes some odd sounds.I don't have my patience built back up yet after my paint/Tire issue to have it addressed.

That is good advice.My 08' makes some odd sounds.I don't have my patience built back up yet after my paint/Tire issue to have it addressed.

I am with you on the "patience" part. It took me 2 months to build up the courage to take it in, in the first place. Leave it there all day, just to get the answer, "they all do that".

It is one of those problems that is annoying, but certainly doesn't make the car undriveable, etc... So I fear what the dealership may do to it trying to fix it...

Does the Oasis, or whatever Ford data system is, flag me since I had to another dealer for the same problem? Do they look poorly on people who go "shopping" for repairs???

Archived