TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TOP SPEED OF SUPER SNAKE 725

Hi guys

Can any one tell me the top speed of the GT500

And then the difference with the 725

Or is there a limiter on the car and it is just the acceleration

Just trying to get as much information on the car as I can before people start asking me !!!!

Hi guys

Can any one tell me the top speed of the GT500

And then the difference with the 725

Or is there a limiter on the car and it is just the acceleration

Just trying to get as much information on the car as I can before people start asking me !!!!

I was able to only reach 173MPH as a stock GT 500 with a pulley cold air and tune. Texas Mile. I have been 163MPH with the car as a Snake in 5th gear, and still had more RPMS and road left to the mile mark. Hope this helps. Check out my videos on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jasit390

I also see you are from England.

Do you have a right hand drive GT500?

Are they even available?

I have a 725 Super Snake on it's way to England now

There are companys that can change it to right hand drive over here,

but I am going to keep it as it is.

This being my first Mustang!

Whoa, CONGRATULATIONS! :happy feet: When you buy a Mustang, you buy a great one! Remember, it is a beast-- Take it easy until you learn the car. You will be amazed! Happy motoring!

Chris

So right hand conversion is optional in Great Britain but mandatory in Australia?

I'm still waiting for someone to top the Super Snake out. Not in just a mile, but top end speed. I know I'm not the only one who's going to be tweaking the SS to get more out of it and I'm looking for some baselines.

From what i was told by MM you have to pay $200 and sign a few papers saying that SIA is not liable for what happens to you if you wreck. To have the limiter turned off other than that it's around stock limiter.

I talked to Kenne Belle about taking the speed limiter off. They said they would but you have to sign paper and spend the money for a tune and Blake is correct they said like $200.

I know the car will run 87, because I got a ticket for that the first weekend I had the SS!!!! :hysterical:

michael morris

I know the car will run 87, because I got a ticket for that the first weekend I had the SS!!!! :hysterical:

I had mine to 97. The 10 mph loss must be from the wind drag from those quarter window scoops :hysterical::hysterical:

So right hand conversion is optional in Great Britain but mandatory in Australia?

Seems that way. I guess England gets a lot of LHD vehicles because of the close proximity of Europe which is all LHD. Australia not so much. :banghead:

I talked to Kenne Belle about taking the speed limiter off. They said they would but you have to sign paper and spend the money for a tune and Blake is correct they said like $200.

michael morris

Is that second or third gear? :hysterical:

I'm still waiting for someone to top the Super Snake out. Not in just a mile, but top end speed. I know I'm not the only one who's going to be tweaking the SS to get more out of it and I'm looking for some baselines.

OK I think Everyone should just try there SS's to see just what they will do. Unless mine was set up different then the rest, heres what I got. Reading the tune with my Predator the

axle ratio is set at 3.29 Should be 3.73

Rev limiters 1 and 2 at 6240

Rev limiter # 3 at 7232

Tire Revs Per Mile at 784 should be 731

Now heres the kicker!!!

High Fan EC1 on at 228

High Fan EC2 on at 228

High Fan ECT off at 224

Low Fan ECT on at 216

Low Fan ECT off at 208

I think this way to high for tracking the car.

So whats going on I guess I'll wait to talk to my tuner to find out. OH the Speed Limited is either on or off and it has neither chosen so is it off or on. I'll let you all know when I get it figured out.

I have no desire to change the stock tune only the things I just mention, the tune works just great as is except for the heating problem.

OK I think Everyone should just try there SS's to see just what they will do. Unless mine was set up different then the rest, heres what I got. Reading the tune with my Predator the

axle ratio is set at 3.29 Should be 3.73

Rev limiters 1 and 2 at 6240

Rev limiter # 3 at 7232

Tire Revs Per Mile at 784 should be 731

Now heres the kicker!!!

High Fan EC1 on at 228

High Fan EC2 on at 228

High Fan ECT off at 224

Low Fan ECT on at 216

Low Fan ECT off at 208

I think this way to high for tracking the car.

So whats going on I guess I'll wait to talk to my tuner to find out. OH the Speed Limited is either on or off and it has neither chosen so is it off or on. I'll let you all know when I get it figured out.

I have no desire to change the stock tune only the things I just mention, the tune works just great as is except for the heating problem.

??? What the heck is up with them settings. Is that really how they come? I am only getting used to the SCT right now so I am no expert but that looks wacky.

??? What the heck is up with them settings. Is that really how they come? I am only getting used to the SCT right now so I am no expert but that looks wacky.

It looks that way to me to. But I'm no expert either. It was one of the first cars done and I think I hurryed them a little to much and they might not of had enough time to check all of it before giving it to me. So I will take any blame for it. But I will look into it when I get a chance. The car runs great ,all these things short of the fan setting don't really affect performance anyway.

Now heres the kicker!!!

High Fan EC1 on at 228

High Fan EC2 on at 228

High Fan ECT off at 224

Low Fan ECT on at 216

Low Fan ECT off at 208

What does that mean? Can somebody translate?

There are 2 speeds for the fan high and low. They come on and off based on a preset temp. chosen on the tune. These reading may seem high but it might be where the sensor is located as to when the fan is activated or not. ECT means Engine Coolant Temperature. If I read the scanner right it is Fahrenheit.

Now heres the kicker!!!

High Fan EC1 on at 228

High Fan EC2 on at 228

High Fan ECT off at 224

Low Fan ECT on at 216

Low Fan ECT off at 208

What does that mean? Can somebody translate?

There are 2 speeds for the fan high and low. They come on and off based on a preset temp. chosen on the tune. These reading may seem high but it might be where the sensor is located as to when the fan is activated or not. ECT means Engine Coolant Temperature. If I read the scanner right it is Fahrenheit.

If that's Celsius, we're going to burn the cars up!

Archived