TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby sig

Airbag covers (dash panels) are the most popular:

DSC_0244.jpg

Mine also signed by Craig Jackson and Steve Davis (of Barrett Jackson) and Amy Boylan from Shelby Autos. My cars are Barrett Jackson Special Edition Shelby GTs and also came with a photo signed by all of the above.

For instructions on removing the airbag cover see here:

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...ic=3458&hl=

Also, when you ship it to the Children's Foundation, if you take it to UPS to ship it, don't call it an airbag cover. They are very sensitive to that word - airbag mechanisms are explosive devices and cannot be shipped via UPS. Call it a dash panel.

Drivers? Can we get the passanger done and how long did it take you.

Not sure what you mean - these are the passenger side airbag covers.

Mine took about two weeks but that was back in March. Others are reporting here that it is now taking 6-8 weeks. Probably due to the summer season with Mr. Shelby doing more appearances.

OK you answerd my ? Would you rather the air bag cover or the center plaque. Your opinion?

Not sure what you mean - these are the passenger side airbag covers.

Mine took about two weeks but that was back in March. Others are reporting here that it is now taking 6-8 weeks. Probably due to the summer season with Mr. Shelby doing more appearances.

Mine is a Shelby GT so we have the CSM plaque in the center console between the climate vents. If you have a GT500 the plaque comes with your VIN number. $250 of the cost of the plaque is for the CSCF (Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation). The airbag covers will cost you $250 plus shipping.

I perosnally like the airbag cover best.

Yeah, mine is a SGT Vert

Mine is a Shelby GT so we have the CSM plaque in the center console between the climate vents. If you have a GT500 the plaque comes with your VIN number. $250 of the cost of the plaque is for the CSCF (Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation). The airbag covers will cost you $250 plus shipping.

For instructions on removing the airbag cover see here:

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...ic=3458&hl=

Also, when you ship it to the Children's Foundation, if you take it to UPS to ship it, don't call it an airbag cover. They are very sensitive to that word - airbag mechanisms are explosive devices and cannot be shipped via UPS. Call it a dash panel.

You can also now buy this part and send it in rather than use the one you have if you don't want to drive around with it missing.

Check out:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=466576

Your covers are the IUP ones right?

Your covers are the IUP ones right

Looks like one of my next mod's will be a New Air-bag cover, I will have it sent to Carroll with the $250 to have it signed. For the $250 do you get anything to Authenticate it was actually signed by Carroll? Then when I get my Supercharger I will have what ever Mod-shop (More than likely Tasca) sign it as well.

Looks like one of my next mod's will be a New Air-bag cover, I will have it sent to Carroll with the $250 to have it signed. For the $250 do you get anything to Authenticate it was actually signed by Carroll?

I just got mine back 2 days ago. It took a little over 2 weeks to get it back and yes, you do receive a Certificate of Authenticity, along with the receipt for the donation, and a thank you letter which is a nice touch.

I just got mine back 2 days ago. It took a little over 2 weeks to get it back and yes, you do receive a Certificate of Authenticity, along with the receipt for the donation, and a thank you letter which is a nice touch.

Did you send your in or buy another to have signed???

Also, do you plan on Clear Coating it???

Your covers are the IUP ones right?

Yes.

If you order a replacement to get signed be sure to order the right one. Go to your dealer and have him look at it. If you get the wrong one they won't give you your money back; or so I'm told.

This part became available after I went through my process. At that time the only choice was the entire air bag subsystem.

Also about clear coat: No, I have not but mine is garaged when not driving it so exposure isn't all that big a deal. The pen that is used is a Pilot paint pen so fading shouldn't be an issue. I'd be afraid that clear coating just this portion would result in different contrast with the remainder of the dash.

I took mine off and sent it in. It took maybe 15 minutes to get it off and 2 minutes to get it back on. And I'm an idiot when it comes to this kind of stuff.

No, I do not plan on clear coating it. Still thinking about it but for now, no.

Had mine done back in december. It wasn't hard to remove the airbag from the car and seperate it from the cover. I definitely wouldn't ship the cover out with the airbag still attached. That only adds weight and the possibility for damage.

incarke4.jpg

btw, how much do these "replacement airbag" covers cost? If it's not much, i wouldn't mind having another one signed.

Carnut12, I just recently bought a new airbag cover and sent to CSCF for Mr Shelby to sign and I have my original IUP cover that is perfect and in the box the new one came. I would be willing to sell for what I gave to my local Ford dealership. I got it for about $70.00. Would sell to you and ship from Ohio, hopefully could benefit you at that price and benefit me to be able to help recoup my cost and help a fellow SGT owner! Not trying to start a flea market here but if it would help.......

I believe I paid close to $200 for mine. It was the woven charcoal IUP airbag cover. They have a system they can look up the part based on your VIN number. Having said that though the first part to come in was the wrong part. They first shipped the dash piece that goes inbetween the air vents; the center dash where the SGT plaque is. I probably paid too much for mine but I was able to get it signed by Mr. Shelby. And the donation goes to a great cause. I would like to get the fuse box cover signed too. It has been on back order by SPP since May. :mail:

Archived