TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 GT500 Air Bag Recall

SPRSNK

I stopped by the Ford dealer the other day and was asking about the TSB for the clutch. They told me it wasn't out yet, but that there was a recall on the passengers side airbag :banghead: I'll be adding that to my list of other items they need to fix now too. This was on my 08 GT500 Coupe. I don't know about the 07's.

I stopped by the Ford dealer the other day and was asking about the TSB for the clutch. They told me it wasn't out yet, but that there was a recall on the passengers side airbag :banghead: I'll be adding that to my list of other items they need to fix now too. This was on my 08 GT500 Coupe. I don't know about the 07's.

I had the airbag recall done on my 07 a few months ago. I received notification by mail. It's not a big deal - they simply reprogram something; it was done within an hour.

It is possible if done by an inexperienced tech.If you can possibly download your performance tune and drive it over with the factory tune installed with no ill effects,It might not be a bad idea to do so as problems have happened.

Hopefully you will find a service facility that will be able to do it without any accidents as the airbag module is accesed through the OBD port just as the PCM is.Things have gone wrong for a few unlucky individuals.Best of luck to you!

I am not sure this recall applies to all 2008 GT500s. I called my dealership service rep Friday afternoon and had her run my VIN# in the system, and her system came back with no recalls or TSBs....my car was built in March of 2008, so I wonder which ones are being affected? :shift:

Almost every Mustang built before 2-08.Some day in there somewhere.

Well I'm clear for now! :happy feet: Maybe I'll just gently rub my airbag cover each night tell her she her that her sensors are the best ever made! :hysterical:

I'll also thank my clutch assembly! Timing can be everything, as I've leared. BTW, I know this is in another thread, but I just wanted to add that those of you guys who either have bought a new 08 with the updated clutch assembly, or have had the job done on earlier cars, is absolutely fantastic. I've not had any problem or issues at all.

Archived