TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Schedule

oilbleak

I know that some people on this forum have expressed a wish that Team Shelby would schedule an event closer to them and Sharon has tried explaining why that isn't possible. Just to put what she and the rest of the Team Shelby folks are doing:

The Mustang Club of America (a national level club like Team Shelby) only has 5 national shows / events a year. Not counting Hawaii or Alaska, that means that there are 43 states that don't get a national level event every year. On top of that, most of the planning and legwork for these events is done by members of the local chapter. Team Shelby is growing pretty fast but it still doesn't have anywhere near the number of members that MCA does. If you look at what goes into planning a national event, it's amazing that Sharon and Robert have done even half of what they've done since January. Once we start getting local chapters set up we'll be able to start having local events like MCA does. Until that happens, just try to keep in mind that the national level TS events may not make it to your area this year but that doesn't mean one won't ever make it there ... and in the mean time, drive it like it's stolen and have fun.

Matt

I know that some people on this forum have expressed a wish that Team Shelby would schedule an event closer to them and Sharon has tried explaining why that isn't possible. Just to put what she and the rest of the Team Shelby folks are doing:

The Mustang Club of America (a national level club like Team Shelby) only has 5 national shows / events a year. Not counting Hawaii or Alaska, that means that there are 43 states that don't get a national level event every year. On top of that, most of the planning and legwork for these events is done by members of the local chapter. Team Shelby is growing pretty fast but it still doesn't have anywhere near the number of members that MCA does. If you look at what goes into planning a national event, it's amazing that Sharon and Robert have done even half of what they've done since January. Once we start getting local chapters set up we'll be able to start having local events like MCA does. Until that happens, just try to keep in mind that the national level TS events may not make it to your area this year but that doesn't mean one won't ever make it there ... and in the mean time, drive it like it's stolen and have fun.

Matt

Hi Matt +1 I live in Louisiana we don't have any close event but we drove 10 hour to Tulsa. What a event that was the best time I had Sharon & Robert were awesome seemed like every thing was welled oiled. Amy and the hold SA staff was awesome answer all question on ss car and new cars.It nice to get away and enjoy an event like Tulsa.The cruise was unbeliveable.I want to attend Tengulina but everyone had vaction down my lost.TS keep up the good work!!!!!!!

Thanks Matt, appreciate the explaination. I think it's also important to point out how many events we are supporting a year, it's a lot, we will have our vegas event every birthday, and we hope to support mid America for a long time and then our third will move around, it might be in tandem with another big group, like MCA, but we will try and do as many as we can.

Terlingua is special because of the relationship with Carroll, the whole irreverent life style and the team dun he and his friends had. It is in the middle of no where and very expense to get everything and everyone there. I am not sure that we will ever do terlingua again, we wont know till we see how this one works out. It is Carroll's birthday year, so we wanted all the events to be special

Amy

We have been quite a few places this year already: Florida, Ohio, Ottawa, Virginia, Houston, missed Missouri :( and Tulsa. Next up are Ford Fun weekend (OH), Gingerman (MI), Road America (WI) and Terlingua. We're always looking into adding others too.....especially in New England.

We have not forgotten about Canada either. ;)

As for Team Shelby regional clubs? We are working on those. It's the goal of TS/SAI to support shows in several regions every year so that everyone gets a change to participate.

Shelbys belong on the track, so that's what our we're focusing on for 2009 and beyond. :banvictory:

We have been quite a few places this year already: Florida, Ohio, Ottawa, Virginia, Houston, missed Missouri :( and Tulsa. Next up are Ford Fun weekend (OH), Gingerman (MI), Road America (WI) and Terlingua. We're always looking into adding others too.....especially in New England.

We have not forgotten about Canada either. ;)

As for Team Shelby regional clubs? We are working on those. It's the goal of TS/SAI to support shows in several regions every year so that everyone gets a change to participate.

Shelbys belong on the track, so that's what our we're focusing on for 2009 and beyond. :banvictory:

It's truly amazing what you, Sharon and the team have accomplished in such a short time. Great news on the regional clubs. See you in New England! :banvictory:

Thank you so much for all the kind words. It takes a whole team to keep things running smoothly but we have the best team behind us.

We love doing these events love seeing these cars on the track at the cars shows and meeting the people. I am looking foward to regional clubs and reaching more people in more areas.

But one show was not on that list. The Dodge Shelby Show, which we are at this week. Today is the car show tomorrow is the Road course and Tuesday is the Drag strip.

So it should be a good weekend, I will post some pics this week.

Sharon

There were two local Mustang shows (not Team Shelby) and one track event that I wanted to go to, cost of entry was not a factor.

I could only make one. Just because it's close doesn't mean you can make it, silly things like work or family get in the way.

Just after I got the GT500, trying to avoid putting miles on it and everything, this Team Shelby show came up in Las Vegas (the Birthday Bash). I could not afford to transport the car over. My wife is not a car buff and didn't want to go. I decided "what the hell", I really would like to go, and if I'm going, I'd rather have my own car there. Andrea decided she'd go, too, so we made a road trip out of it.

It was the most fun week we've ever spent together.

So, when Terlingua came up, Andrea didn't even blink and told me to put in for an extra week of vacation and walked over and put it on the calendar. Neither one of us would miss it.

Anybody who is on the fence about thiis, I'd strongly suggest you give it a try, you won't be sorry. As far as distance, just put your car on the road where it belongs. Take an extra day. These are really fun cars to drive.

Thanks, Robert, Sharon, Amy, and of course, Mr. and Mrs. Shelby. These are unique events, and we're really privileged that somebody is going to this trouble on our behalf.

Thanks Matt, appreciate the explaination. I think it's also important to point out how many events we are supporting a year, it's a lot, we will have our vegas event every birthday, and we hope to support mid America for a long time and then our third will move around, it might be in tandem with another big group, like MCA, but we will try and do as many as we can.

Amy

:happy feet: Woo freaking hoo. I'll start saving now. :happy feet:

Terlingua is special because of the relationship with Carroll, the whole irreverent life style and the team dun he and his friends had. It is in the middle of no where and very expense to get everything and everyone there. I am not sure that we will ever do terlingua again, we wont know till we see how this one works out. It is Carroll's birthday year, so we wanted all the events to be special

Amy

For me, this is the must go to event. I feel Terlingua will be the same, a must.

WELL, maybe TEAM SHELBY heads can join the Fun in April 2009 at the MCA 45th Mustang Anniversary at Barber Motorsports Track in Birmingham Alabama.

David.

Already got my room reserved. It is supposed to be the 40th anniversary of the Mach 1 :)

Matt

You are forgetting the MidAmerica Mustang & Shelby Meet was already there for many many years and was very sucessful by themselves, so you need to be thanking those people.

You are forgetting the MidAmerica Mustang & Shelby Meet was already there for many many years and was very sucessful by themselves, so you need to be thanking those people.

We are not taking away any thing from the Mid-America show we joined with them as Team Shelby to have the biggest show they have ever had , more registrations, more particapants, over 775 cars at the drive to car show. We have brought two strong sides together to form the Team Shelby Nationals. There was alot more to plan this year and a lot more people coming it took the two group working together to pull it off and pull it off well.

Mid-America and Jim and Randy are part of our Team Shelby and we could not have had the biggest show yet with out them and the 34 year of Mid-America. We decided to partner with the best so that our members could have the best and the show shows it. Plus we got Carroll there for the first time in 20 years to see what a great show it is and how we want to continue to work together for the future and to continue to grow Team Shelby.

So thanks to Jim and Randy and David and all the volunteers that have helped at Mid-America and went above and beyond this year to make this year the best yet and we are looking forward to next year.

Archived