TEAM SHELBY FORUM

That woke her up

Aussie67

I have spent the last week finally receiving some parts I ordered and fitting them.

I have fitted the Evo stage 2 package, which includes the JLT cold air intake, 2.6" pulley, SCT Evo program, TR6 plugs and Steeda intercooler. Took the car for a drive and honestly just could not believe the difference. I know this sounds stupid, but I just could not stop giggling as I was driving along. I am sure that if I had been stopped by the police, they would have locked me up on the grounds of insanity for continuously "giggling".

WOW. That really wakes the car up. Pulling about 12 pounds boost and just running sweet.

CarMods031.jpg

CarMods032.jpg

CarMods041.jpg

Also fitted the carbon fibre rad cover, and carbon fibre mirror covers. Unfortunately the carbon fibre fuse box cover was trashed during transport, but Lisa at JLT has been great and fixed things up for me.

CarMods034.jpg

CarMods035.jpg

Also fitted the Silverhorse Racing rear quarter window louvres:

CarMods012.jpg

CarMods014.jpg

Just love the look of these.

Local paint shop here in Sudbury that painted the rear quarter louvres for me also painted the strut brace for me same colour as the car and including Tungsten stripes (Wifey's suggestion) did some great work for me. I love the results.

CarMods023.jpg

CarMods037.jpg

Let me know what Y'all think, but I love it :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Next mod is to make the passenger seat (One day to become drivers seat) electric. All parts have arrived but gotta go drive some more now. :shift:

:dance::dance::dance:

Any difficulty pulling the stock pulley without bending it ..and what the trick to do that....?

looks awesome congrats.......!!!

I bent the stock pulley taking it off, but wasn't concerned as I didn't want it anyway. Fitted the Metco pulley hub and bolt on 2.6" pulley and also ordered a 3" pulley (bolt on) so I can return it to stock later if I want to.

That pulley sure is tight, they are only shrink fit and not keyed, I am not sure it would be possible to get it off without damage. Maybe if you could heat it fast enough but then you would run the risk of damaging other components.

Even refitting the new Metco hub was tight, even after heating it.

For any SGT owners out there I found this rad cover at SS Inserts I liked and also fitted to my California Special. I think it is quite neat. I like the quality and the finish.

The only thing to beware is that it is not made for a Cold air intake and therefore I had to cut a slot to accomodate the shroud.

Fitted nice though.

CarMods027.jpg

CarMods028.jpg

CarMods029.jpg

The marks are rain drops, not blemishes on the SS.

Any difficulty pulling the stock pulley without bending it ..and what the trick to do that....?

looks awesome congrats.......!!!

Not if you use the right pulley puller.

I borrowed one from a friend on the forum - his is the heavy-duty unit from Evo. It's big, bulky, grasps the pulley at the right spot, and didn't even scratch my OEM pulley.

Others have gone with other, cheaper, pullers and have destroyed their pulley, the puller itself, or both.

Get the good one and you'll never regret it.

Oh, and putting the new Metco pulley adapter on was kinda a PITA. Key is to make sure it's heated up in the oven very well and you install it ASAP after removing it from the heat. As it cools it'll shrink onto the SC hub - as it should to avoid slippage. Don't take too long putting it on and you'll be ok. Having a helper would definitely make things easier - but you can do it yourself too.

Yep, I also spent the $200 bucks to buy the pulley from Evo, which is actually a Steeda pulley. Still slightly bent the rear of the original pulley removing it. Good luck if you can remove the original pulley without bending it. It will totally depend on shaft and bore tolerances. You may get lucky, but I wouldn't rely on it.

Not if you use the right pulley puller.

I borrowed one from a friend on the forum - his is the heavy-duty unit from Evo. It's big, bulky, grasps the pulley at the right spot, and didn't even scratch my OEM pulley.

Others have gone with other, cheaper, pullers and have destroyed their pulley, the puller itself, or both.

Get the good one and you'll never regret it.

Oh, and putting the new Metco pulley adapter on was kinda a PITA. Key is to make sure it's heated up in the oven very well and you install it ASAP after removing it from the heat. As it cools it'll shrink onto the SC hub - as it should to avoid slippage. Don't take too long putting it on and you'll be ok. Having a helper would definitely make things easier - but you can do it yourself too.

I'm with Joe. Got everything from Steeda; 2.7 pulley, tensioner and puller. NO bent anything. My wife was my assistant putting the HOT pulley on. Pre-fit the puller before this step and the install will be smooth.

I really wish JLT would come up with some extensions for the rad cover in Carbon Fibre to match their existing cover and complete the front end cover up. This would look great. Would others be interested in the same or would others be more interested to purchase the complete set if it was available?

CarMods035.jpg

If so maybe if people contact/e-mail JLT they could come up with something if there is interest.

The only similar products I have seen come from Midwest, but they make nothing for the GT500 and have no intention to at this stage - I spoke to them about it.

Local paint shop here in Sudbury that painted the rear quarter louvres for me also painted the strut brace for me same colour as the car and including Tungsten stripes (Wifey's suggestion) did some great work for me. I love the results.

CarMods037.jpg

Let me know what Y'all think, but I love it :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Next mod is to make the passenger seat (One day to become drivers seat) electric. All parts have arrived but gotta go drive some more now. :shift:

:dance::dance::dance:

Nice looking engine bay. Looking a lot like mine!

P5080001.jpg

I guess that I run the other end of the difficulty spectrum for pulling the stock pulley. I used a Metco puller and bent it so far that it also bent the two long bolts and ruined the pulley. I tried everything I could think of to get it off. All of my knowledgeable SVTOA buddies couldn't believe that the damn thing wouldn't come off. I ended up having to split the stock pulley with a cut-off wheel because I was out of options. That was un-nerving! I pressed the new hub on after heating it with a butane torch. That hub isn't going anywhere!

Nice looking engine bay. Looking a lot like mine!

P5080001.jpg

Wow, that's almost uncanny. Looks great, is that a carbon fibre rad cover with blue tinge? Have not seen that before. Are they the midwest strut tower covers? Do you like them, I have ordered the billett ones from, Shelby Parts but they have not arrived yet.

Great minds think alike. As I said I can't take the credit for the stripes on the brace is was my wifes idea.

What do you guys think of the Steeda Hood Lift Kit? I was thinking of getting the Shelby kit on SPP, but read in the tech section that the quality isn't up to par and keeps detaching.

Also, how are the SHR Quarter Window Louvers? How does it effect driving visibility, like with lane changes and such? How is the install with the OEM removal - is it easy or should I just have the body shop do it when getting the louvers painted? Thinking of getting those for my car.

-Andy

What do you guys think of the Steeda Hood Lift Kit? I was thinking of getting the Shelby kit on SPP, but read in the tech section that the quality isn't up to par and keeps detaching.

Also, how are the SHR Quarter Window Louvers? How does it effect driving visibility, like with lane changes and such? How is the install with the OEM removal - is it easy or should I just have the body shop do it when getting the louvers painted? Thinking of getting those for my car.

-Andy

Sorry I was a little slow answering Andy, been kinda busy at work.

I like the Steeda Hood lift kit. It fits on the car well without drilling any holes and looks great. Functions well and I just couldn't wait to get rid of that prop rod.

The SHR 1/4 window louvres are the best. Visibility is actually surprisingly good from inside, not that you really use that window that much anyway, but it really does not impede too much. The are urethane fitted so the windows have to be cut out and the louvres reurethaned in again. I had a body shop do it when they painted the louvres and the Strut brace.

Go for both mods, you will love the results.

I have to ask. How fast does it go now?

Hate to say it but I don't know yet. :banghead: I only got to drive it Saturday afternoon real quick and only briefly got to 115mph but it got there real quick. It will depend on what the evo tune top speed is set to and I must admit I didn't look when I installed it.

Does anyone know what the standard evo stage 2 tune is set to?

I have been in Atlanta all week and will not get home until late tomorrow night.

The good news is we are going on a road trip to Southern Ontario this weekend, so will get plenty of drivetime and the chance to check it out properly. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I really wish JLT would come up with some extensions for the rad cover in Carbon Fibre to match their existing cover and complete the front end cover up. This would look great. Would others be interested in the same or would others be more interested to purchase the complete set if it was available?

CarMods035.jpg

If so maybe if people contact/e-mail JLT they could come up with something if there is interest.

The only similar products I have seen come from Midwest, but they make nothing for the GT500 and have no intention to at this stage - I spoke to them about it.

I wish JLT WOULD MAKE IT....I'll buy 2 of them... BTW congrats on the mods

I wish JLT WOULD MAKE IT....I'll buy 2 of them... BTW congrats on the mods

Thanks Hec.

Anyone else out there that is interested to upgrade their rad covers. I believe this would be a great mod & if there is interest I am sure JLT would follow up.

Archived