TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 KR arrives today

Fellow Shelby fans...how many times growing up in the back seat of your family car you would cry out and say.. are we there yet? Reply not yet. Well I've been saying that for months now...is the KR here yet? Finally, this morning I received a call that my KR would arrive at Dale Jarrett Ford this afternoon in the 7-8pm timeframe via enclosed transporter. Mine was produced and released by Auto Alliance on March 13th. Left Flat Rock, MI via train on March 14th and arrived at SAI on March 21st. So, finally 3 months later JUNE 21st...it is time to enjoy!!!!!!!!

Fellow Shelby fans...how many times growing up in the back seat of your family car you would cry out and say.. are we there yet? Reply not yet. Well I've been saying that for months now...is the KR here yet? Finally, this morning I received a call that my KR would arrive at Dale Jarrett Ford this afternoon in the 7-8pm timeframe via enclosed transporter. Mine was produced and released by Auto Alliance on March 13th. Left Flat Rock, MI via train on March 14th and arrived at SAI on March 21st. So, finally 3 months later JUNE 21st...it is time to enjoy!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Please post some pictures - especially a shot that shows the exhaust tips. I'm curious what kind of mufflers ended up on the KR.

Congratulations! Please post some pictures - especially a shot that shows the exhaust tips. I'm curious what kind of mufflers ended up on the KR.

Same here i would love to see the inside of the hood with high resolution photos...thx and congrats..

Congrats my friend! :happy feet: Can't wait to see those pics!

So, is it there yet? :hysterical:

Yippee. Just got home with my 2008 SHELBY GT500KR -- CSM#08KR0044. It is much better than I ever expected. Arrived at Dale Jarrett Ford (Indian Trail, North Carolina) around 8:30 pm. The attention to detail is just great -- I can't believe the hood -- simply awesome. This baby will roar -- much better than all the other late model Shelby's. 15 miles on it as it came off the Accurate Auto Carriers hauler. He had 3 others on the truck -- of course, all silver with blue stripes. We had him pull another one off the truck which was #0047 heading to Greensboro, NC in the morning (in the pics -- I'm on the left in #44 and #47 is on the right -- other cars were going to Maryland.

Just pulled this beauty beside my '68 Shelby KR500 dressed in Acapulco Blue -- a match made in heaven. Attached a few pics... Not sure I can even go to sleep tonight...might just sleep in the car.

post-11684-1214104304.jpg

post-11684-1214104611.jpg

post-11684-1214104895.jpg

post-11684-1214105227.jpg

post-11684-1214104304.jpg

post-11684-1214104611.jpg

post-11684-1214104895.jpg

post-11684-1214105227.jpg

Yippee. Just got home with my 2008 SHELBY GT500KR -- CSM#08KR0044. It is much better than I ever expected. Arrived at Dale Jarrett Ford (Indian Trail, North Carolina) around 8:30 pm. The attention to detail is just great -- I can't believe the hood -- simply awesome. This baby will roar -- much better than all the other late model Shelby's. 15 miles on it as it came off the Accurate Auto Carriers hauler. He had 3 others on the truck -- of course, all silver with blue stripes. We had him pull another one off the truck which was #0047 heading to Greensboro, NC in the morning (in the pics -- I'm on the left in #44 and #47 is on the right -- other cars were going to Maryland.

Just pulled this beauty beside my '68 Shelby KR500 dressed in Acapulco Blue -- a match made in heaven. Attached a few pics... Not sure I can even go to sleep tonight...might just sleep in the car.

I WOULD HOPE THEY WOULD ASK THE OWNERS PERMISSION TO UNLOAD IT BEFORE TAKEN PICTURE, JUST IMAGINE IF SOMETHING WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO IT, DAMAGE ETC. THEY DRIVER ASSUMED MASSIVE LIABILITY FOR DOING THAT. beautiful car congrats and enjoy it, thanks for posting the pic.

I WOULD HOPE THEY WOULD ASK THE OWNERS PERMISSION TO UNLOAD IT BEFORE TAKEN PICTURE, JUST IMAGINE IF SOMETHING WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO IT, DAMAGE ETC. THEY DRIVER ASSUMED MASSIVE LIABILITY FOR DOING THAT. beautiful car congrats and enjoy it, thanks for posting the pic.

I am refering to the other KR that was not being delivered to D.J. ford that was unloaded for the sake of a picture. I would have a fit if that was my car.

To the owner, congradulation's on receiving your beautiful car, also you have a orig 68 KR, amazing, I applaud your passion for these cars, enjoy them both. Again congrats on taking delivery of your new KR. and thanks for posting pic's.

Maybe I am seeing things or does that KR have rust on the rear axle???, in the picture on the carrier ramp I see orange on the rear end, say it aint so on an 80,000 KR, I thought they had that issue resolved.

Archived