TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Valance

gradona

I have scraped mine more times than I can count but never munched it. Here is a tip for those scrapes...

Get a 150 gritt sanding block and sand the lower edge from the bottom. All those scrape marks and rough edges along the front dissapear.

Get the replacement from a local dealer. The large box will cost you more in shipping than the part costs.

I am still wearing Chin Spoiler # 1 :happy feet: , but she has some War scars from scuffing a parking block ; and a steep driveway got me one time. I Got my back up spoiler in the garage from The Dealer at time of purchase ; for their cost.

If I may , I recomend backing into Parking spaces , however be mindful of your rear valance and exhaust. You can bottom them out to.

I have owned several lowered Stangs and have taken out a few front spoilers over the years. Hope this helps someone from the Nasty " Crunch " Noise , but it is an eventuality if you drive your car enough.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Just got mine back this afternoon, now on #2. Cost was 133.47 - about 2/3 parts o and 1/3 labor. Of course I never left the office, they brought me a 2008 Ca. special to drive this morning- I used it during lunch and they returned mine by the end of the day. Mine first valance was the vicitm of a HUGE tire tread hit at 75 mph on the highway - really very fortunate not have gotten more damage.

I have scraped mine twice, and now seem to have learned my lesson (I hope). The scrapes are not visible from the front, and I have not gotten underneath it to look at them (I might not like what I see). :(

Wow, I'm surprised to see this actually. My other car is a little more than 1.5" lower than my Shelby, and after 2.5 years of driving it I have never hurt it in any way. I'm always aware of my height and how I enter driveways, or park in front of curbs/parking stumps.

The Shelby sits so high that I've never given it a second thought honestly.

• 1 month later...

Is the front valance the same as the front chin spoiler? If so, I just crunched my first one tonight pulling up too close to the curb in a parking spot. The unpainted black plastic piece at the very bottom is the part I hosed.

It's not too bad, but pretty scratched up and has a crease. It sounds like this part is fairly cheap.

I'd replace it myself, but does anyone have any details on what is involved in replacing it? The regular screws are easy, but the other locking pins look harder. How do you even reach the ones in the center? Do you have to remove more plastic from underneath to get to them?

Archived