TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS Stripe Colors

Does anyone know what SS stripe colors are available? I have a Black Vert and don't want Black stripes.

Flat Black is the only option from SAI. You can always change them when you get it back.

Have you seen the black on black? Way cool looking if you ask me.

Like Mr Ford said "You can have any color as long as its Black". I think they make an exception for Red stripe cars, they get to keep the Red stripe.

Al

All SS get the flat black stripe. The red stripe cars are still getting flat black stripes, but they keep thier red snakes on the grill and fender.

michael morris

All SS get the flat black stripe. The red stripe cars are still getting flat black stripes, but they keep thier red snakes on the grill and fender.

michael morris

A red stripe car with black stripes, was that a typo???? red stripe hence the name or have they changes them

A red stripe car with black stripes, was that a typo???? red stripe hence the name or have they changes them

I have a red stripe and have had no luck in the struggle to keep them... would be nice, but I'm thinking of getting them back to red once the car is done

I have a red stripe and have had no luck in the struggle to keep them... would be nice, but I'm thinking of getting them back to red once the car is done

On page 6 of the White SS Coupe pictures, Andyukok442 has pictures of a white SS with red stripes. Here's the link, scroll down a few posts to #109. I believe that this is a Mustang GT with GT500 body parts. I couldn't find if he painted the stripes on, or if they're vinyl, but you could send him a PM for details. Looks pretty sharp. After you SS your car, you could always remove the flat black stripes if you want...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...7026&st=100

Yes ALL Super Snakes get Flat Black stripes! If you send your Red Stripe to get SSd it will get the flat black stripe, but it keeps the RED snakes.

michael morris

• 2 weeks later...
On page 6 of the White SS Coupe pictures, Andyukok442 has pictures of a white SS with red stripes. Here's the link, scroll down a few posts to #109. I believe that this is a Mustang GT with GT500 body parts. I couldn't find if he painted the stripes on, or if they're vinyl, but you could send him a PM for details. Looks pretty sharp. After you SS your car, you could always remove the flat black stripes if you want...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...7026&st=100

Thanks for the thread. I did send the person who had the white w/red stripes on his SS an email. We'll see how that goes. I swear if red stripes were available on a SS I'd be setting it up with the factory now (well, after passing spending another $30K by my better-half). Seems like it would be a simple call to 3M (I think they make the stripes) and would keep the Red Appearance Package intact if you SS one.

If/when I hear anything back from him I'll post it here. The stripes on the hood have to be different as the hood is physically different BIG TIME, and at least the front of the rocker panel stripes have to be different as the badging is different.

I would think it would be possible to do something after it's been SS'ed. But I would prefer the SVT guys doing it at the factory.

If anybody hears of any way to get red stripes when you SS a car, feel free to send me a PM!

Thanks for the thread. I did send the person who had the white w/red stripes on his SS an email. We'll see how that goes. I swear if red stripes were available on a SS I'd be setting it up with the factory now (well, after passing spending another $30K by my better-half). Seems like it would be a simple call to 3M (I think they make the stripes) and would keep the Red Appearance Package intact if you SS one.

If/when I hear anything back from him I'll post it here. The stripes on the hood have to be different as the hood is physically different BIG TIME, and at least the front of the rocker panel stripes have to be different as the badging is different.

I would think it would be possible to do something after it's been SS'ed. But I would prefer the SVT guys doing it at the factory.

If anybody hears of any way to get red stripes when you SS a car, feel free to send me a PM!

Here's something available on ebay, for $199. You can get the red stripes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Up-For...p3286.m14.l1318

And this one in manyt different colours, for $60:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super-Snake...p3286.m20.l1116

In any case, you'll want to confirm whether these are the same sizes as the real SS stripes. I don't know the quality of either of the kits, I simply remember seeing them so I looked them up for you. Good luck!

Archived