TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Super Snake on ebay.

I saw this yesterday and didnt have time to post it. This looks HORRIBLE, but then putting Super Snake on it! Jim Skinner should be ashamed. I have no problem with a CLONE or TRIBUTE, but this is bad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...sspagenameZWDVW

michael morris

You have got to be kidding me! To advertise this as a SS is just a joke. This Ford dealer doesn't have any ethics.

This is not cool. I've taken a couple of design ideas from the SS, but I would NEVER represent it as a true one. At least I started with a GT500. These are the kind of people who really piss me off. The saddest thing is the guy who buys this probably won't know any better until it's too late.

This is not cool. I've taken a couple of design ideas from the SS, but I would NEVER represent it as a true one. At least I started with a GT500. These are the kind of people who really piss me off. The saddest thing is the guy who buys this probably won't know any better until it's too late.

I never thought they were trying to make a REAL SS! It doenst look anything like an SS! Just some cheesy black stripes. I really hope that NO ones thinks they are buying a real SS. NO ONE is that dumb?

michael morris

I never thought they were trying to make a REAL SS! It doenst look anything like an SS! Just some cheesy black stripes. I really hope that NO ones thinks they are buying a real SS. NO ONE is that dumb?

michael morris

You'd be surprised what people don't know. The title lists it as a '2007 FORD MUSTANG GT SUPER SNAKE 900 MILES." The dealer doesn't refute or clarify anywhere in the listing. It wouldn't surprise me if someone purchases the car thinking it is a real one.

I am always surprised by some of the comments that are made at car shows and events. Last weekend we were at a show. We had both of the cars (the GT500 and the SGT) next to each other. SEVERAL people came up over the course of the day, looked at the lower stripes and commented that the SGT was a real Shelby and the GT500 wasn't. One guy even asked me where I got the Shelby letters on the back of the car. I also heard some guy telling his girlfriend how much faster the SGT was.

I wouldn't call these people "dumb," but things we take for granted are foreign to many.

michael morris

Hey Mike I thought you would call me before you sold your car...you know red is the fastest color... :stirpot::hysterical2:

:hysterical::hysterical3::hysterical:

I have a problem telling the 2 cars apart!!! I can see where you might be confused!!! :hysterical:

michael morris

That car is so far off It does not even qualify to be a wannabe. He should just peel off the SS stuff and save some self respect.

:headscratch: Could this possibly be Robert M's car?????

Yep!!!^^^^, thanks for the compliments guys, I am happy with the way it turned out also. At first when I started down this Super Snake path the numbers weren't fitting into my budget. One day I was sitting at my desk and a thought crossed my mind, why not build a Super Snake myself, and include the cost of the car in with the $32K cost for a 725 Super Snake package? I found a very nice Torch Red car, added those beautiful CS wheels, black stripes (of course) and then that grill emblem. To make my car unique among the hundreds of other Super Snakes I put the snake on the right side of the grill!!<<Cool Huh?? I knew that my power level was going to be a tad under the Shelby Super Snake offering, so I used some high performance engine enamel to finish the engine cover, I am expecting some good numbers with that "paint" power addition!! How about those in-boards!?!?

"If" by chance there is a trademark on "Super Snake", I have additional graphics for "Super Serpent", they are easy to change. Thanks again to all for your compliments. I love the car too!!

I want to test the market on eBay and see how much she'll bring?

Robert M

Crap like this is what gives car salesmen a bad reputation............ :angry22:

+1. This car is a joke. That some Mustang owner decide to make these kinds of mods and call it a "Super Snake" is one thing. That a Ford dealer decides to do that is clearly unacceptable IMHO.

Dear skinner557,

This car is NOT a SuperSnake for one major reason: The real SuperSnakes are based on the GT500, not the Mustang GT. What you are advertising is fraud. I will be notifying ebay of this listing.

I did notify ebay as well.

Dear ------,

It says Super Snake on the side. All Super Snakes are after market kits, so who's to say which is real. We did not intend to misrepresent anything

- skinner557

:redcard:

Dear ------,

It says Super Snake on the side. All Super Snakes are after market kits, so who's to say which is real. We did not intend to misrepresent anything

- skinner557

:redcard:

I CAN'T FIGURE OUT IF YOUR THAT STUPID OR THAT CROOKED---I SUSPECT CROOKED.

AN HONEST SUPER SNAKE OWNER.

BOB

Archived