TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Anniversary's at Mid America

Leaping Lizards Batman, this car kicks A$$. OK guys, in case you don’t know, we have one awesome indescribable car. We also had great representation with a total of three 40th Anniversaries’ at Hallett to put the hammer down. We actually had four 40th’s at Mid America plus, the owner of the 40th Anniversary prototype brought his car to the track on Thursday and then went to the cruise that night, giving us a total of five 40th Anniversary cars. Pretty dog gone good for the rarest Shelby of the modern era and many of us actually drive them.

All I can say is I really didn’t have a clue how great this car handles until it was pushed hard on the track by an experienced track driver. Shane Stevens, one of the principals at Hallett, took the wheel and gave me a white knuckle ride that I will never forget. Then I went out on my own. I now know what Sprint 200 gets all excited about. It is an incredible rush to take a corner at 75 or 80 without breaks that you would normally break down to 35 or 40.

I didn’t get a picture of Mike Stacy’s Black Vert at the track, but he tore em up at Hallett and at the drag strip on Saturday, and then he went on to place runner up in the Vert Class at the car show on Sunday. Way to go Mike!

The pic of Jon’s Red and my White is priceless.

I’ve got a kagilion picks, mostly my car, here are a few, enjoy.

OH YEA BABY, I ain’t gonna miss Terlingua!!!!!

th_240ths-1.jpg

th_Hallett_167.jpg

th_Hallett_196.jpg

th_Hallett_206.jpg

th_Hallett_238.jpg

th_Hallett_29.jpg

th_Hallett_42.jpg

th_Hallett_43.jpg

th_Hallett_51.jpg

th_Hallett_70.jpg

Leaping Lizards Batman, this car kicks A$$. OK guys, in case you don’t know, we have one awesome indescribable car. We also had great representation with a total of three 40th Anniversaries’ at Hallett to put the hammer down. We actually had four 40th’s at Mid America plus, the owner of the 40th Anniversary prototype brought his car to the track on Thursday and then went to the cruise that night, giving us a total of five 40th Anniversary cars. Pretty dog gone good for the rarest Shelby of the modern era and many of us actually drive them.

All I can say is I really didn’t have a clue how great this car handles until it was pushed hard on the track by an experienced track driver. Shane Stevens, one of the principals at Hallett, took the wheel and gave me a white knuckle ride that I will never forget. Then I went out on my own. I now know what Sprint 200 gets all excited about. It is an incredible rush to take a corner at 75 or 80 without breaks that you would normally break down to 35 or 40.

I didn’t get a picture of Mike Stacy’s Black Vert at the track, but he tore em up at Hallett and at the drag strip on Saturday, and then he went on to place runner up in the Vert Class at the car show on Sunday. Way to go Mike!

Nice, very nice! I'd love to get mine out on the track, both stock and when completed. I'm living through you with these pics, it must have been a blast! Especially the ride as passenger. I went to Dodge Days (or something like that) a few years ago, and you could drive the 300C and Magnum on a small road course (very small) just to see how the traction and stability control would work. Instructions were something like "Put it in drive, then hammer it as hard as you can through the circle, then the curves." Anyway, I digress. As part of the fun, we could get 1 drive each in a Viper, Ram S10 (I think; basically a Viper with a truck body), and an SRT-4, with a pro driver. Holy crap! They would tear down a short straightaway, hit 2nd gear, and just when I figured they'd start braking, the guy would shift into 3rd and take the turn. Maybe that explains some of my hair colour. :hysterical:

Looks like you had a great time, CobraFan. Can't wait 'til my SneakySnake (your term, I think) is ready. Maybe I'll get the call tomorrow, this is the end of 3 full weeks in the shop, plus some of the 4th. My phone's got a full charge... Where are you, Bubbles? :poke:

Nice, very nice! I'd love to get mine out on the track, both stock and when completed. I'm living through you with these pics, it must have been a blast! Especially the ride as passenger. I went to Dodge Days (or something like that) a few years ago, and you could drive the 300C and Magnum on a small road course (very small) just to see how the traction and stability control would work. Instructions were something like "Put it in drive, then hammer it as hard as you can through the circle, then the curves." Anyway, I digress. As part of the fun, we could get 1 drive each in a Viper, Ram S10 (I think; basically a Viper with a truck body), and an SRT-4, with a pro driver. Holy crap! They would tear down a short straightaway, hit 2nd gear, and just when I figured they'd start braking, the guy would shift into 3rd and take the turn. Maybe that explains some of my hair colour. :hysterical:

Looks like you had a great time, CobraFan. Can't wait 'til my SneakySnake (your term, I think) is ready. Maybe I'll get the call tomorrow, this is the end of 3 full weeks in the shop, plus some of the 4th. My phone's got a full charge... Where are you, Bubbles? :poke:

No word on your car yet. I promise as soon as I get paperwork, I will be dialing your #. Not a moment later, not a second later.. RIGHT WHEN I GET IT! :)

8 days and counting guys.. then it will be "Mrs. Bubbles" :) Hahahaha!

Have a good weekend!

It was a great time at both tracks and the show. Just make sure you don't let your car get dirty and then park near Don. He will shame you and then clean your car!

th_240ths-1.jpg

th_Hallett_167.jpg

th_Hallett_196.jpg

th_Hallett_206.jpg

th_Hallett_238.jpg

th_Hallett_29.jpg

th_Hallett_42.jpg

th_Hallett_43.jpg

th_Hallett_51.jpg

th_Hallett_70.jpg

It was a great time at both tracks and the show. Just make sure you don't let your car get dirty and then park near Don. He will shame you and then clean your car!
th_MikesCar.jpg

I wasn't going to mention the correlation between a clean car and being the runner up at the largest Shelby show in the country. To be fair, I should get the trophy 6 months out of the year. This guy didn't even have a snake!

th_TulsaSnake.jpg

th_MikeandDon.jpg

Here are three of the four 40th Anniversary Cars in Tulsa show. Blue vert is Origtxcobra. Jon missed the show with his Red coupe. He ran off to get married. No kidding. Congratulations Jon!

th_Three40thTulsa.jpg

Here are three of the four 40th Anniversary Cars in Tulsa show. Blue vert is Origtxcobra. Jon missed the show with his Red coupe. He ran off to get married. No kidding. Congratulations Jon!

th_Three40thTulsa.jpg

It was great meeting you guys in person! My only regret was not having more time at MidAmerica. There was so much to do and see, I wish there was more time to spend hanging with you guys.

Good luck and Congrats Adrienne!!! I know you are VERY excited about your big day!

th_Three40thTulsa.jpg

Don,

Thank you for your kind words. I had a GREAT time in Tulsa and the cars are just awesome!! I have a few pictures I will try and post. I really wanted the first one you posted. It has you, then me, then Lynell in her Shelby GT convertible; great shot!

Jon

Don,

Thank you for your kind words. I had a GREAT time in Tulsa and the cars are just awesome!! I have a few pictures I will try and post. I really wanted the first one you posted. It has you, then me, then Lynell in her Shelby GT convertible; great shot!

Jon

Jon,

I'll get everything posted on photbucket and get you a link. It will be a couple days as somehow our pool pumped 2 inchs of water into the downstairs. What a mess. We didn't have this much damage from Hurricane Rita.

No word on your car yet. I promise as soon as I get paperwork, I will be dialing your #. Not a moment later, not a second later.. RIGHT WHEN I GET IT! :)

8 days and counting guys.. then it will be "Mrs. Bubbles" :) Hahahaha!

Have a good weekend!

Hey, I didn't know! Congratulations!

But don't you mean that there will be a Mr. Bubbles? Here you go, this one's for you: :hysterical3:

th_MikesCar.jpg

I wasn't going to mention the correlation between a clean car and being the runner up at the largest Shelby show in the country. To be fair, I should get the trophy 6 months out of the year. This guy didn't even have a snake!

th_TulsaSnake.jpg

th_MikeandDon.jpg

Next time - I will have to clean my car. I just didn't want to have my 40th overshadow yours. I mean - you don't even have 800HP! But you are more than welcome to keep the trophy for as long as you like. I'm not sure about the snake - if it couldn't be at least 4' - why bother!

It was great meeting you guys in person! My only regret was not having more time at MidAmerica. There was so much to do and see, I wish there was more time to spend hanging with you guys.

Good luck and Congrats Adrienne!!! I know you are VERY excited about your big day!

'

THANK YOU! :)

Archived