TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Horrible trip to dealership

Mickey d

I just took my car to folsom lake ford here in Folsom, CA. for a standard oil change and tire rotation. I just moved here from Monterey and had been enjoying the awesome service from Hollister Ford. I picked the car up and drove the 5 miles home because I was in a hurry, I looked at the wheels and the lug nuts look like they were put through a meat grinder. They used the 5 20 oil rather that the shelby recoomended 5 30 even after I mentioned it several times, and scrapped the from facia there is now a small chip on itright on the rounded tip.

Sorry if this is grammatically wrong but I am hopping mad!

Mark

I would go right back and speak with the service manager and owner of the

Dealership and if they cant make it right voice your complaint to Ford Corperate.......

Call them before they close and let them know, the sooner you get a hold of them the better. I would be nice at first, see how the react. Give them a chance to make good on the mistakes. If they do not react correct I would go straight to the owner. I do not waste my time with anyone except the top manager or owner, it usually just a waste.

I called Left a message fo rthe service manager, waited about 20 minutes no call back and called to speak with the general manager he is on vacation, waited about 10 mone minutes still no call so I called back and told the receptionist to page the service manager. The shop foreman got on the phone and gave me the "well that has never happened" and "if we did it we will take care of it" I stoppe d him there and said I was just there and there is no other possible cause for the damage. I am taking the car in tommorrow so they can look and I have already called Ford and filed a complaint and documented.

No excuse for that type of service. There are many members who can share great experiences I'm sure. Don't go there after they make it right. That is the power of the customer in "customer service"

The Shelby GT Supplement to the owner's manual specifies " Motorcraft 5W20 Synthetic Blend ".

Has there been a change?

I don't want to start the battle again. So just in the interest of clarification for those that have raised the question. The underhood sticker on some 2007 SGTs (not all) stated 5W-30. The owner's manual from Ford and the oil fill cap say 5W-20. I do not know what the supplement from Shelby states. The debate has raged here with differing opinions. There are previous threads if you wish to review the past debates and opinions. That was as polite, tactful, and impartial as I could state the issue.

I just checked the print-out from the last time I had the oil changed at my dealers and it says:

10W30 QSP

I never specified what oil I wanted, they have been usin this for three changes now.........

anyways,

Sorry ta hear about your problems with the dealer.......that is sad

hope it all gets fixed up......

and I can't blame you for being furious

I don't want to start the battle again. So just in the interest of clarification for those that have raised the question. The underhood sticker on some 2007 SGTs (not all) stated 5W-30. The owner's manual from Ford and the oil fill cap say 5W-20. I do not know what the supplement from Shelby states. The debate has raged here with differing opinions. There are previous threads if you wish to review the past debates and opinions. That was as polite, tactful, and impartial as I could state the issue.

I agree.

I'm not looking for debates or opinions.

The Shelby GT Supplement to the owner's manual, for my new, just bought, 2007 SGT specifies " Motorcraft 5W20 Synthetic Blend ".

Does anyone know, as a fact, if that is an error or has been changed?

I used the search feature and I couldn't find an answer to what I think is an important question.

EDIT:

I see what you mean. :)

I found the threads where you asked SAI and Amy about the SAI sticker, which says 5W30, and the oil cap and Ford and Shelby Owner's Manuals, which say 5W20. See: link and link

The official answer seems to be, " use either "???

WTF???

Doesn't the Shelby documentation say to use a Ford racign filter as well???

I agree.

I'm not looking for debates or opinions.

The Shelby GT Supplement to the owner's manual, for my new, just bought, 2007 SGT specifies " Motorcraft 5W20 Synthetic Blend ".

Does anyone know, as a fact, if that is an error or has been changed?

I used the search feature and I couldn't find an answer to what I think is an important question.

EDIT:

I see what you mean. :)

I found the threads where you asked SAI and Amy about the SAI sticker, which says 5W30, and the oil cap and Ford and Shelby Owner's Manuals, which say 5W20. See: link and link

The official answer seems to be, " use either "???

WTF???

I seem to remember someone posting the Shelby Documentation asks for a FRPP filter, I could be 100% wrong. I am much more upset about crunched lugnuts rather to 20w vs 30w that is just someone not paying attention. The lug nuts are just plain lazy, the dealership agreed to replace I guess they let a new tech work on my car....

Mark

The racing filter is overkill. They don't even use it on the GT500.

I seem to remember someone posting the Shelby Documentation asks for a FRPP filter, I could be 100% wrong. I am much more upset about crunched lugnuts rather to 20w vs 30w that is just someone not paying attention. The lug nuts are just plain lazy, the dealership agreed to replace I guess they let a new tech work on my car....

Mark

No, use of the FRPP oil filter is not required nor suggested in any Ford or SAI documentation. This all stems from the fact that Ford includes an FRPP oil filter as part of the Power Pack when purchased retail. It's been discussed here in many other threads and there has been no agreement as to benefit or need. I will say that I have had one put on my car more for the looks than any real or imagined benefit. The oil weight is an issue but the filter, it's my limited understanding, given the way most drive these cars, isn't a factor when compared to the standard filter. But again, it does look cool! ;)

Archived